Hello Comrades

I started to collect the old metal models for Valhalla ice warrior many year ago. Although, these models are really great, they are heavily inspired by the Soviet Union during WWII, and I wanted something more related to USSR during the Cold War or Afghanistan. After lot of error and test, I found the formula to convert every model in this army to get closer to the Afghan/Cold War look.

This thread is here to show you my army of Valhalla. I already started a Thread some time ago in French but I though my work might interest for people on this forum.

So first let's have a look at the infantry squad.

[
Basically, these are cadian with AK-74 and WWII soviet soldier head.
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
Soviet flak vest had a large pounch on the back, so I made one for each soldier. In afghanistan, there were 2 model of flack vest, one olive drab and the other tan. So some flak vest are painted green and some other are painted brown.
Some AK are also painted to represent wooden handguard and buttstock, some other to represent the dark brown bakelite used.
[IMG]
[IMG]
Missile laucher and the ammo carrier. Basically I used an RPG-7. The Missile launcher operator have a shortened Ak as a back-up weapon.
[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]
Grenade launcher. I added a spare weapon: a shortened AK-74 made by cutting the standard AK
[IMG]
Squad Radioman. I wanted something as small as the R-126 Radio.

If you have comment or questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

So long, comrades!