Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Part Work from GW out January 2007?

New Part Work from GW out January 2007?

Will GW, in association with DeAgostini, be bringing out a new part-work now that Battle Games in Middle-earth has finished?

Why do I say this?

Because about six months ago GW were seeking new recruits to work on a part-work. At this time BGinME had been complete so one can only assume that this was for a new part-work.

Additionally, GW have been exceptionally impressed with the income that BGinME generated.

GW have already done Warhammer as a part-work with DeAgostini in Spain. Perhaps a Warhammer one for the UK market is a logical way of bringing in people to play Warhammer and link in with the new rules.
    'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

Chillin' like Gilligan, out on a an island, fishin' with my string and bamboo

Re: New Part Work from GW out January 2007?

What's a "part work"? It must be a British term.

A regular magazine that gradually builds up a complete model, collection or book such as a radio controlled car, model of the Titanic or in the case of BGinME the LOTR SBG rules over 91 issues.

Check out De Agostinis web site for more info:

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/
    'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

im from England and ive never heard of it- it may be "Part-time work" instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
    Oh, and something else. A Callidus Assassin can only kill their target after telling him/her/it what he/she/it did wrong. Interesting trivia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Although presumably that could be summed up quite quickly as "TRAITOR!", followed by a stabbing.

I've heard of them - both part works and the BGiME one... A WFB one would possibly make financial sense fo GW, provided it sells as well without a big film license to back it up...

(as an aside, my wife subscribed to the Ground Force part-work, and I get the Poirot one...)

You are sure they already did a Warhammer one in Spain? Interesting. I found the LotR one very good. Especially how they get the painting and modelling part built up to a good level.

Have fun,

Rolf.
    Support WarSeer's future by becoming a Guilder. Thanks.
    Problems to get your minis painted? Maybe you should visit the WarSeer Painting Support Group.
    The goal of Computer Engineering is to build something that will last at least until we've finished building it.
    Models completed in 2014: 12 (2013: 34, 2012: 30, 2011: 95, 2010: 18, 2009: 54, 2008: 54)

I'd think it'd be more likely to be Warhammer 40,000 rather than Warhammer Fantasy Battles. 40k and LOTR are smaller, skirmish battles rather than the epic conflicts of Fantasy. It would take about 3 Issues to make a single, decent unit unless they're planning to either get readers to buy other Boxsets along with the magazine or will be giving out more than just one sprue an issue.

That BGiME was surprisingly good for plastic sprues. £3.99 for something that normally costs £7. Very easy to build up on basic plastic troops with those issues, if you ordered multiple ones of the same issue.
    Celestial Lions ProjectGorkamorka Ork Mob Project
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerok View Post
    I fell like I know half of you by now. Example: Reabe is nuts, hates the OK and W.A.R..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Stupidor View Post
    And Reabe squeezes in his mandatory rant before the postcount breaks double digits! He's getting quicker on the draw; one of these days, someone will make an Ogre Kingdoms thread and, upon posting, find out Reabe somehow replied before they even posted!

I suspect it's 40K we did have reports of new plastic sculpts last year that have not been released so it may be for this.

Time will tell.
    Got a GW rumour?
    Want to remain anonymous
    Then email me at Brimstone.Warseer@gmail.com

Andy needs your help please order from Heresy Miniatures.

In the UK part works are usually released in September and January.

WH40K would be easier to do as a part-work.

I can imagine the tag-line:

Create the Ultramarine Chapter in 125 issues

Does anybody actually collect these damn things to completion, it costs a fortune and the money is much better spent elsewhere.

I may buy the 1st (normally cut price) issue and one or two that catch my eye.
    Got a GW rumour?
    Want to remain anonymous
    Then email me at Brimstone.Warseer@gmail.com

Andy needs your help please order from Heresy Miniatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandir
    I can imagine the tag-line:

Create the Ultramarine Chapter in 125 issues
    Ugh. I was thinking of buying it, but if it's just gonna be more Smurfs. Anyway, that would be about 500+ per subscriber. It would be a large army.
    Celestial Lions ProjectGorkamorka Ork Mob Project
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerok View Post
    I fell like I know half of you by now. Example: Reabe is nuts, hates the OK and W.A.R..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Stupidor View Post
    And Reabe squeezes in his mandatory rant before the postcount breaks double digits! He's getting quicker on the draw; one of these days, someone will make an Ogre Kingdoms thread and, upon posting, find out Reabe somehow replied before they even posted!

Yes.

Me and my mate both bought all 91 issues of BGinME as well as the three special editions. Total cost?

Chapter Master

Well various of us just finished the BIGME one.

I saw the recruitment poster for this when at a tournament at GWHQ, but that was a while back. It was for a 40k one. Battle games in the 41st Millenium, Battle Games in the Far Future, it was called something like that.

Chapter Master

And they have those new Plastic clip kits now for various races.

Whether I buy this really does depend on what we're likely to get. I can see a benefit (just imagine an assault marine issue - how many of those would I buy ).

My son bought the BGiME and I was quite happy with the value it provided. The sprue/mini per issue basically meant the magazine was almost free. Depending on what's in a 40k version then given the current price of GW sprues/minis (especially with the £1 a blister rise) then it could be a decent purchase.
    "The Lost- they return?"
    "Aye, my Lord. For good or ill, the were-kin shall once more stalk the domains of Man."
    Please read the posting guidelines. Really.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009

If you can please donate to Jon's Gift of Hope Fund in aid of the British Heart Foundation

I tried to finish BGiME but unfortunately the supplier in the UK who send it over to Germany vanished from the radar. So, I was stuck at about issue 65.
    Problems to get your minis painted? Maybe you should visit the WarSeer Painting Support Group.
    The goal of Computer Engineering is to build something that will last at least until we've finished building it.
    Models completed in 2014: 12 (2013: 34, 2012: 30, 2011: 95, 2010: 18, 2009: 54, 2008: 54)

Quote Originally Posted by rkunisch
    I tried to finish BGiME but unfortunately the supplier in the UK who send it over to Germany vanished from the radar. So, I was stuck at about issue 65.
    You can pick up the others on ebay UK relatively cheaply. The other thing about the BGiME was that it had a few minis which weren't released in stores until much later so it was a way to get some interesting pieces.
    "The Lost- they return?"
    "Aye, my Lord. For good or ill, the were-kin shall once more stalk the domains of Man."
    Please read the posting guidelines. Really.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009

If you can please donate to Jon's Gift of Hope Fund in aid of the British Heart Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by rkunisch
    Was it Battle Games By Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandir
    Was it Battle Games By Mail?
    Yes it was.

I asked the german branch if/when they will release BGiME in Germany and they said that it is not planned, so I tried to get them from the UK. DeAgostini UK did not answered my mails at all so I got mine from Battle Games By Mail. Guess what half a year later was released in Germany?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast