Suddenly, the gates to this most blessed of halls crash wide open.

A huge, hulking shape lumbers through the gates.. It’s metal feet thunking loudly on the floor with every step.

A Furioso dreadnought appears in the hall. Once it must have been painted in a bright red colour.
These days.. It looks *weary* . Covered in all kinds of red – paint, rust, and viscera.
Much of its ceramite is dented, scratched, shot and blown up.
Countless trophies adorn the dreadnought.
The heads and body parts of creatures that are like... Badgers.. Hideously deformed Badgers that is.

The dreadnought opens its communication channels and announces in a booming voice:

“I HAVE RETURNED. LONG HAVE I WANDERED THE WARP, HUNTING THE CHAOS BADGER GOD.
BUT NOW I AM RETURNED. IT IS I, DREFT, REPORTING FOR DUTY. LET US HUNT SOME REGULAR BADGERS”

The carapace of the dreadnought opens and a small grot appears.
He jumps out to the floor and chuckles.

“Teeheeheeheehee such delight to be back in a normal environment. Hello friends!
How have you been these past 15 years?
I say; time to make some *DAKKA**DAKKA**DAKKA* again!
Nexus6, come here, where are you! Levi? Greyskull? Darkwind? Grey Painter? Master Kasen?”

Only then, did it dawn on him, that these most sacred of halls had been long deserted.
The dust of over a decade piled up. He fell on his butt and cried and cried and cried.
Did the badgers get to his old comrades in arms? Had they grown up and moved on?
He thought back to his days on the Battlefleet Portentia. Perhaps he should not have left it to hunt solo in the Warp…
He had left the Battlefleet even before the crusade migrated to Warseer.
He tried hard to remember, but all the details of those days had become less than hazy.
He could hardly remember all the battles he had participated in, nor the faces of his comrades.

After crying and remembering for a while, Dreft picked himself up again.
He slapped the dust from his shoulders and a smile appeared on his face.
Even though now it is a distant memory, he would always remember those times fondly, and be glad he fought the vile badgers with his fellow brothers in arms..
And made the universe just that tiny bit safer, and brighter.