Well, I think this weekend, or possibly the next one, my gaming group will be getting together again, and I think I've drawn a game against the Space Marine player. He plays Blood Angels or one of their succesor chapters. He hasn't lost a match in the last ten or so, and his list is pretty constant the whole time. Here is what it, basically, is:
- Tycho, a Chaplain, and death company. These are a dead hard close combat unit, and they've killed (with most of them dying in the process) 9 terminators and a lord before.
- 9 Terminators. He usually deep strikes them.
- Lots of Landspeeders, like two squadrons.
- Very few ordinary marines, and a squad of scouts. These hide and take objectives.
- A Predator and one of the loyallist tanks with the massive ordinance weapon on the front... not sure what it's called, but Iron Warriors can take it too.
This is the heart of his 1750 point list. I've never beaten it before, and he's been going on quite a winning streak.
So, for lack of confidence, I thought I would put it to the forum. Our other two players are Dark Eldar and Tau (I can beat these a little over half the time, which I think is fair enough) and I usually take something along the lines of two infiltrating lieutennants or a daemon prince, 1-2 obliterators, 2-4 small squads with heavy support, maybe one CC squad in a rhino, some cruise missile / daemon bomb bikes, and at least 20 furies. I play Night Lords rules, so I've got the four fast attack slots to use, and all the other goodies. Our rules on WYSIWYG are about as lax as they come, so I can take pretty much whatever, but I do like to use my own models.
So, my fellow damned, how should I defeat this corpse-loyal scum and claim a victory for Ythegmor(sp)?