Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty and Honor! An IG Project Log

Re: Duty and Honor! An IG Project Log

Well I just finished the first squad so I'll have pictures of them tomorrow. I'm trying to complete a full platoon before painting anything else...so squad 2 and the HQ are next.

As for the bitz I got, they are all going to become wheeled heavy weapons. Like the lascannon and heavy bolter, the autocannons and missile launchers will all be on wheeled chassis.
    3 lascannon squads attached to the HQ, 3 autocannon squads attached to the HQ, 3 MLs for the second platoon, 3 HB for the first platoon and 3 mortars attached to the HQ.
    <

Hi there,

I love the way this army is developing, and especially the alternative colour scheme (having just purchased a Platoon box myself).

I shall be following this project with great interest..

Best wishes,

Carl
    <

Thanks for the comments!
    I have some pictures here:
    My work desk with vostroyans. There are two more infantry squads, two command squads, overall command and two special weapon squads. I still have to order a bunch more, but this'll do for now.

Next HB conversion:

<

just superb LOTE
    as i have said; i love the wheels and stuff
    squads look great and well unified by colour scheme
    only one thing, perhaps vary colours on fur hats?

overall brilliant, just great.
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideous Loon View Post
    Listen to schoolcormorant, for he is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cortez View Post
    For a brit. you got some bad gramer.
    <

A full unit of them painted looks amazing, I really like the colour scheme and the wheeled heavy weapons.
    Bernard: She's nice, she- dont make me sick into my own scorn. What are her prospects? Does she play the viola? Does she embroider? Is she kind to the servants?
    Manny: I don't know. All I know is I like her and there's a good chance that she likes me.
    Bernard: Well, we're going to this party because I'm trying to picture this girl who likes you and all I can see is you in a dress.

http://khelath.deviantart.com/ - My Most recent artwork.
    <

i love um, there like a practical version of the vostroyans, you know, not in red, i think that the homage to the older guard stuff is great too, i miss the wheels...
    i need to go to ikea or something as im running out of space ... and im the loft...wtf
    <

That is a damn fine gun mount. I'm beginning to wish I could go back and re-do all of my own heavy weapons...
    What is in a name? An Ork by any other name would still see us as meat.
    <

Librarian

SUPERB!!!

I love your vossie colour scheme. It is perfect for the minis.

I'd love to see some pics of them on your Cityfight board.
    <

I see the base i sent you!!!!! it has a green ring around it!!!!!!

dude thats awsome you make me want to buy vostroyans but no i will resist i am starting to paint up some of those ST'S you gave me. Good luck cant wait to see MORE!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ghostmaker12; 18-09-2006 at 00:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Chaplian Raimo View Post
    SCORPIOWNED!!!
    Frak The Torpedoes! A Tale of 3 BFG Admirals!
    <

They look sweet mate ,Keep up the good work and looking forward to more finished minis
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Do you get a separate line in the GW annual report? Our 2005 = XXXX, and our sales to Deadleyheadly = XXXX
    The Deadley 40k Project
    Deadleys BIG City Fight Table
    The Deadley Project Log
    My Other Project Log ,Stop by and See what Ive been upto
    <

Thanks all!

I really like the color scheme. You could say the red is parade ground dress while the green could be for some campaign that they are fighting in. The Sgts and officers have different colored hats. The sgt in the picture has white fur, but its not visibile too well next to the others.

I'll take some pictures of them on the cityfight board as soon as I finish my batrep for FIREBASE! 2.

Now then, what other second edition imagery comes to mind? I have rolling gun chassis and old school flamers so far. I gotta be missing some important things though.
    And if anyone has left over empire banners, I will pay you a fortune! Ok maybe not that far, but you get the point.

2nd squad is primed so I'll hopefully have them done by the end of the week.
    Cheers
    <

Aaaarghhh!!!! How dare they copy my very unoriginal idea!
    THAT is the way a heavy weapon chassis is supposed to look. Here I am using ork zzap gun chassis...
    But its all good. I think mine are perfectly OK. I think my vostroyans will have an allied death korp platoon attached to them...yes, yes thats a good idea. Germans and Russians working together in the 41st millenium!
    <

dam that looks nice.
    SCORPIOWNED!!!
    <

so man its been a while got anything new done?
    SCORPIOWNED!!!
    <

Unfortunately, I've only just discovered this thread - although, I have enjoyed reading it all so far in one go!

Your Vostroyan experience sounds almost identical to my own. In my case, the Vostroyans pulled me away from my Space Marines. I like the models but, just as you have, I felt a need to convert them.

My original colour scheme was the "official" red of the Studio army. It wasn't until I read here on Warseer that it seemed "unrealistic" for Vostroyan Snipers to take to the field in bright red uniforms that I decided they needed a toned-down colour scheme. Looking through my paints, I found the Catachan Green / Camo Green colour mix that I had experimented with when they had first been released. I even tried painting up a few models with it but something wasn't ringing true about it.

Strangely, I think it must have been in part the red colours that drew me to the Vostroyans in the first place. So after experimenting with toning down the bright reds of the official uniform, I have come up with my own scheme based on it.

The chassis' you have for the Heavy Weapons is a remarkable idea - not to mention a real money saver. Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryng_styng
    I like the decision to show the Emperor as a rounded person, and not some kind of infallible messiah. If he never makes mistakes, where's the interest? You can't forge an Imperium and unite humanity with a leaflet campaign and a coffee morning.
    <

I was actually drawn to the red too. Nothing like dress uniforms in the grim darkness of the far future. The red was nice, but everyone was using that scheme so I figured I switch it to green because a) it could be a campaign uniform with red being parade ground and b) I like painting green and I already have a "red" army.

I'm working on a squad per week...but I need 4 more to go. Here's the first part of the second squad:

What I need to paint:

And a sneak peak of my HQ. The leaders are discussing tactics with a comm/radio operator there as well. Still WIP.
    <

that's lovely painting light of the emperor. I don't really have any complaints of anything so far APART from the command squad looks like complete and utter chaos.

Two officers pointing different ways and another kneeling as if singing 'lalalala'. The only one looking happy with himself is the cherub lol.

good choice on colours btw.
    <

Thanks for the comments.

I just threw the command squad figures on the base real quick so people could see what I'm doing. Here's what it should look like: The cherub is holding data readouts that the officer and his adjutant are going over. The final product will have them both pointing in the same direction.
    I cut the laspistol off the sgt's hand and am replacing it with a radio/comm. A wire will run from that to the commlink guy's backpack which I have yet to put on. He's cupping his ears so he can hear an incoming message in his headset. It'll all make sense when I really start working on it. The Green Bay Packers were playing so I had to make it quick .

I'd like to finish my platoon first, so two squads with vet sgts, heavy bolters and grenade launchers and the HQ with heavy bolter, grenade launcher.
    After that I'll start work on the overall HQ.
    <

lookin good cant wait to see what els you got goin.
    SCORPIOWNED!!!
    <

Commander

the painting is freaking amazing, makes me forget about the metal models limited poses.
    <

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast