Thread: The Dark Pilgrimage; Ashc's Word Bearers project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Dark Pilgrimage; Ashc's Word Bearers project

I've never done one of these before, so i thought i would get in on the act!

After playing Iron Warriors for a couple of years and now retiring them, i wanted to use some of the things i never got to use with the Iron Warriors, and, still having a few boxes of CSMs in the cupboard, decided to try something that would give me alot of options; and so the Word Bearers have stepped forward.

The plan for this army is to eventually have at least one unit to represent EVERYTHING that can possibly be fielded. I will begin with a 1500pt. List and then carry on from there. the initial 1500pts is to be:

HQ - Ashkaari, Prophet of Blood, Dark Apostle, MOU, Accursed Crozius, Bolt Pistol, Frags, Daemonic Strength, Resilience, Spiky Bitz - 137pts.

TROOP - Squad Christobael, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolters, 2 Plasmaguns, Move Through Cover, Aspiring Champion Christobael with Power Weapon, Daemonic strength, bolt pistol - 176pts.

TROOP - Squad Janos, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolters, 2 Plasmaguns, Move Through Cover, Aspiring Champion Janos with Power Weapon, Daemonic strength, bolt pistol - 176pts.

TROOP - Squad Sammael, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolt Pistols and CCWs, Flamer, Plasmapistol, Frags, Aspiring Champion Sammael with Bolt Pistol and Powerfist, Chaos Rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers - 230pts.

TROOP - Squad Ezakyle, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolt Pistols and CCWs, Flamer, Plasmapistol, Frags, Aspiring Champion Ezakyle with Bolt Pistol and Powerfist, Chaos Rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers - 230pts.

TROOP - 6 Daemonettes - 90pts.

TROOP - 6 Flamers of Tzeentch - 138pts.

F.ATTACK - 6 Furies - 90pts.

F.ATTACK - Hell Riders of Kaleb - 5 Chaos Bikers, MOU, 2 Meltaguns, Skilled Riders, Aspiring Champion Kaleb with Powerfist - 233pts.

1500pts.
    56 Models
    2 Vehicles
    for now......

I like a nice core of CSMs so thats where i have started; every unit will have an icon bearer and aspiring champion where possible, converted from fantasy chaos warriors to represent veterans of the Word Bearers 'Crusades' and will use a combination of these, CSMs, space marines, and black templar pieces for the bulk of the chaos marines.

I have big plans for a unit of chosen in both power armour and termie armour, possessed, a defiler, plus more. Not to mention those orders from forgeworld i need to put in!

I began the army today by assembling my Dark Apostle Ashkaari, The Prophet of Blood and scourge of the Imperium. I cannot take all the credit for the idea here; i saw something like this on CMON and decided to go for it because i thought it looked so cool; The green stuff covers the rosarius and terminator honours on the orginal model, and will be painted to represent the star of chaos and some kind of jewel when it comes to him getting painted up. My only question is whether to paint him in black armour or red armour; what do people think?

thanks for looking,

Ash
    Last edited by ashc; 20-10-2006 at 21:48.
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!