Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Brush Studios Fantasy Log

Re: Battle for Skull Pass Box - by sigur

Day 4:
    This is just a tiny update since I didn't get done anything. Instead I got a bit too involved into an article about Orks in 40k and, well, it was Halloween so the night was pretty much out for doing work on the minis.The next update will be a bit more exciting, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Day 4:
    This is just a tiny update since I didn't get done anything. Instead I got a bit too involved into an article about Orks in 40k and, well, it was Halloween so the night was pretty much out for doing work on the minis.The next update will be a bit more exciting, I promise.
    Booo!

And on a less serious note, I misread that as "the night was pretty much out for doing work on the missus".
    Note: I am not promoting Yorkie bars. Turns out Nestle are actually evil. Please don't buy their products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    Seeems like yorkie is the only one doing drunk threaeds these days.

Cheers people of Warseer!

Day 5:

A bit more detailed pictures:
    Gobbos
    Dwarfs

Time for the daily update. I haven't been as lazy as yesterday and so I can update the to-do-list as follows:

Goblin force:
    .) 20 Goblins with spears including full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) 20 Goblins with spears including full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) 20 Goblin archers includung full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) 10 Spider Riders - began cutting them off the sprues
    .) Goblin Shaman - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) Goblin Boss with Squig - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) Troll - assembled, cleaned and primed

Dwarf Force:
    .) 12 Clan Warriors including full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) 8 Miners including full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) 10 Handgunners including full command - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) Dragonslayer - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) Thain - assembled, cleaned and primed
    .) Cannon - crewmen assembled, cleaned and primed, cannon assembled and cleaned
    .) Pony (probably rending, aha-haha) - assembled and cleaned

Terrain pieces, markers, etc. - assembled, cleaned and primed - those were more than I thought really - this medicine hut, the dwarfen fence, a tied-up Slayer, two bad moon markers, two Troll skull markers, one "goblin hit by dwarfen cannonball"-marker.

So all that is left to do for the first phase is assembling the spider riders and priming them as well as the cannon and this little grudge wagon. Unfortunately, I ran out of black primer. Seeing all these miniatures, I'm realizing that this is quite a project and WAY bigger than any comission I've done before. I hope I'll find enough time between school and other duties to paint all this stuff in time. Well, that's it for today.

If you can paint as fast as you can assemble, you should be fine.

It's really bringing it home to me how many odels there are in that box though...

Good luck all the same!
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

Chapter Master

Is that a better mousetrap i see in the background?

@McMullet: Indeed, this box contains 90 infantry miniatures, a warmachine + 3 crewmen, 4 characters, a monster (kinda) and this cute pony wagon along with markers and a bit of terrain. For the price it's really a bargain, even more than the 6th edition starter box I think. And no, of course I will NOT paint as fast as I assemble.

@violenceha: Uuuhm, no. All you see is a jar of break fluid, the top centimeter of a candle holder, a plastic cup for the metallics-water, the spiderriderbases-sprue, a stone, McMullet's subwoofer and a bit of my tasteless ashtray. No mousetraps whatsoever. I think I should really get a new background for my pictures though.

somewhere in the northwest of hilbert-space

good luck sigur! you definately get more done than me! My project log has come to a halt after uni starting all over again so...
    but after reading this I'm thinking about expanding my old night gobbo force with some of the new ones..

by the way, which indy retailer are you painting them for, I guess one in Vienna, probably the "Damage unlimited", are you?
    joined the TO40kP to finish the XII Adorian Army Korps, Imperial Guard,
    now with extra regular updates and fries!

Indeed the Damage Unlimited it is. The only reason for the fast proceeding of this project at this point is that I'm on holiday till Sunday. As soon as my courses start again, along with tests and all, things are getting a bit more crucial, that's why I'm trying to get much done now. As mentioned before, you get incredibly much for your money with this box. Just the gobbo miniatures would cost more than double of what you pay for the box and the quality of the gobbo miniatures (horde army anyway) isn't too bad really.

Chapter Master

well then you're certainly no Macgyver!
    What colour will you be painting your troll?

I've done a set as a commission as well. I took three weeks over it. But that was whilst I was on holiday for two. When we stopped off for a break on the long drives for about an hour, I would get out the paint and do a handful more goblins.

Three weeks. From boxed to sent off.

Good luck! I bet you will never want to see another dwarf again!
    Gold LOTR poster/nut '06 and '07
    Most Northerly Wastoid '07
    ...plus a few other things...

So there!

The Bergen Boltgun Association

Day 6:

Again, a not-so-productive day. I just cut a bit around on the Spider Riders, the spiders are still mostly covered in mold lines. But I think I can start painting a bit this night as I still got no new Chaos Black Spray.

@violenceha: Please, don't remind me of that guy. Classic GW stone troll scheme adapted to fit the new troll I guess. Maybe a bit more greyish because the Warhammer world is dark, gritty, gothic and grim.

@Pert: I'll never get this painted within three weeks I'm afraid. First I need to find a good painting plan I guess which will take a few days itself.

Took me about 1 week per army to remove mould lines, you go faster than me!

Did you decide how much time you're wishing to spend on each mini?

And what will you do about half of the spiders' side (the plain ones)? Will you model some detail on them, or let them as they are?
    My sig - Eminem - UnderEmpire - Council Of Thirteen - DEATH TO HUMANS!
    pic collection now at: 13244 + 10649 pics

Jee: "You know Jon, one does not need a clown when one has a chicken leg to keep him company. *boards tricycle* AHAHAHAHAHA!" *leaves the office*

What I did on the spiders to cut time was to paint them black with some details, and then gloss varnish them. They ended up looking just evil.
    Gold LOTR poster/nut '06 and '07
    Most Northerly Wastoid '07
    ...plus a few other things...

So there!

The Bergen Boltgun Association

Chapter Master

Everyone's got it in for Macgyver ever since he was banned from all GW events for using non GW bitz in his conversions. I hear he's teamed up with Mr T and they've developed the ultimate foo' pitying weapons of mass destruction, but that's not for here.
    Any pics of your spiders Pert? Perhaps there could accidently be some hot gamers moms in the background?

i started my BFSP and no-one really cared...
    anyways, really quick progress there sigur. Keep it up. A little thought you may/may not find useful. The goblin spider riders (the actual riders) have spears, as I'm sure you know. What I want to say is, by no means, should you sit on a full squad of 10 of them, all with their spears pointing upwards. I found out the hard way...*rubs rear end*
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred_Scuttle View Post
    And he says......
    In the NAME OF THE EMPEROR - SIGN MY YEARBOOK!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thane McHammer
    Tyranids, your answer to pesky reincarnating evil! Pick yours up in 6 different Hive flavours today!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirster90 View Post
    i started my BFSP and no-one really cared...
    anyways, really quick progress there sigur. Keep it up. A little thought you may/may not find useful. The goblin spider riders (the actual riders) have spears, as I'm sure you know. What I want to say is, by no means, should you sit on a full squad of 10 of them, all with their spears pointing upwards. I found out the hard way...*rubs rear end*
    well if you'd let us know you planned on sitting on them i'm sure everyone would have been glued to their screens!

Question: your choice of primers: Black for Gobbos and white for dwarfs?

Is there a method to your madness? IE, why did you choose different primers?

Probrably because he plans on doing the gobbos in darker colors (they are mostly black) and the dwarfs in lighter colors. Therefore, he just chose the primer that would be best for each army.

Exactly. Actually, I didn't use just white primer for the Dwarfs, I applied a layer of black primer first, then put the Stunties onto the bases and then I applied a bit of white primer in an steep angle.

I like to do that with many miniatures these days since it makes painting brighter colours much easier. Using this technique on Night Goblins would be stupid though since their robes are black anyway.

Day 24:

I'm back. In the past few weeks, I was quite busy with other stuff as well as I was a bit lazy, I have to admit so I can't present you much apart from a few test miniatures. I apologize for the sub-standard quality of the photos, I tried out a new lamp setup which seems to need a bit of optimization and I set up the camera too close to the miniatures. For the next few pictures, I'll try to

Dwarf Warrior:

A bunch of Night Goblins:

Further pictures can be found here, in the BfSP-folder of my photobucket account.

That's it for now, guys. More Updates will follow soon, I promise.

Page 2 of 169 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast