Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Phantine Airborne regiment project.

Re: Phantine Airborne regiment project.

I would probably go with a desert basing scheme. They look pretty desert camo type to me. Depends what you want them to be I suppose.

The wash doesn't tend to make things shiny. But If it does, you need to paint over it using schorched brown again, Leaving all the gaps and nooks and crannies and stuff.

When you use vermin brown, I mean use that as a base coat for the lighter browns. The trousers and the shirt.

Cant wait to see the new pics. Hope there looking cool.

Watching AFL or down the road at uni, and occasionally at the pub....

Ah righto that makes more sense now, and i have been looking to find something to put under the commando khaki colour as doing three coats still makes em look pretty crap, thanks for the help.
    Friendly neighbourhood demon host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just assume at all times you are dealing with an idiot and we'll get on fine.
    So Flesh biters with watch hinter allies I have it all straight no Cherub Ale. Leave it with me

update time, i will post pics when i get my hands on the camera again.
    I have finished 4 members from 1st squad and so am kinda on track to meeting the first deadline of the 10th of November(1st squad done). i still havent been to a gw (will try and get there soon, maybe tomorrow) to get the other paints i want so the first squad will all be painted with out the brown under the tunic, i know i should wait but if i stop i wont go again and that will be worse than some of the guardsmen looking different to the others and i can always come back to them at some point in the future. Still havent decided on the bases yet, although im leaning towards a desert style (pretty much just using GW sand and doing their bases in this) its that or city fight. Havent started the vulture yet but i will hopefully start it on sunday if im not to hung over from my birthday on saturday
    as i said pics will come very soon (damn family and their tendency to take back their own cameras from me...grrrrrr)
    So Flesh biters with watch hinter allies I have it all straight no Cherub Ale. Leave it with me

Arnt more pictures coming anytime soon?

SORRY for missing the deadline for the first squad guys, real life reared its ugly head and i have been caught up doing family things and also my uni exams so i havent had the time to paint or i have been way too tired to paint. Also i hadnt been able to lay my hands on the right paints until today so i will revise the painting schedual and get back down to work, never fear i have not stopped. just a brief pause... pictures of the first guy done with graveyard earth as a base coat will follow tonight! that i promise you!
    Last edited by ss_cherubael; 16-11-2006 at 06:54.

update:

ok as promised here are some WIP pics of some guardsmen with the graveyard earth base coat, i have finished them now and based them but lacking a camera makes it hard to upload the non existent pics....

see how it has some nice shading in it and the raised areas are not that white like the others.
    ok heres one of another guardsman with out the base coat:

ok i know i have to clean him up and i have. They have all been based in sand and will probably be left that way as it looks quite nice and a bit more real than painting it, also it goes very well with the harsher look of the brown under the khaki. when i get the camera i will show you the finished ones.

SO BEFORE I GET BANNED

I haven't posted in this thread for nearly 6 years!!!!!

I vaguely remember starting this log when I had just started uni and I realised that I still wanted to game a bit and paint a bit so I pulled the guard back out and started painting again! (this is in tandem with my DE log in the xenos log area)

So to be honest I had painted some of my guard up in a scheme similar to the one earlier in this log, I swapped out the brown and for the stormies I have added some cammo. So enough talking, after six years I am guessing you want to see some pics!!!!!

So this is what I got done tonight, mainly base coated 7 guardsmen and sorted out some more squads of guard for painting tomorrow!

This is what they will look like when I am done

So plans for this army: Fluffy and cool is the name of the game here, I want to create an army that looks awesome on the table top and allows for some cool game play, not interested in winning every battle, just having fun.

I have heaps of infantry so that will be my core, however I love the valk models so will have a few of those with vet and stormy squads inside. Also because they are supposed to be airborne all the tanks will be steel legion (I will also have an inf platoon of steel legion).

Anyway none of that is important, so sit back enjoy the show and lets hope i get passed two pages this time

Looks good. Keep it up.
    To master any skill you must accept doing it poorly at first.

So I got some more base coating done tonight, also painted the boots!! I know that will seem weird to some but I am giving these guys brown boots as the ww2 British para guys wore brown boots so it gives them a more airborne feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330608328.291069.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	134127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330608460.833123.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	134128  

Okay so a few more updates! Nearly finished the squad, will base them in city fight colors; so grey, was thinking desert but more sandy brown will wash these guys out I think.

Also excuse the crap photos, light was ***** and used my iPhone. As you can tell I have used washes and basic highlighting. With 60 infantry in this army I want to be able to get through them pretty quickly!

As normal comments appreciated !!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331209238.282092.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	134909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331209262.652337.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	134910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331209293.346251.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	134911  

Chaplain

Great work cherubael, the gaunt ghosts books are supurbe.
    looking forward to more

Cheers mate!
    Gotta pick up some valks and sort out my vets (grav chutes, berets and las carbines) and keep slogging away at my reg infantry.

I'll pop some photos up later of my converted command guys, plus I have the next steel legion squad here so they will get sprayed and painted this week if I dont have to go to parliament.

Cheers for looking

Okay more progress!!!

Started on a Russ, going to have a crack at some weathering from the fw master class book, should be fun.

Also did some basic conversion stuff, cut down the flammer so it looks like it could be carried on a jump, going to pop a canister on the cut fuel thingy and the missile launcher has been shortened as well.

Check em out:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331636901.426048.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	135211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331636917.786520.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	135212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331636935.896411.jpg 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	135213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331636951.328480.jpg 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	135214  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2