Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Rictus's All Encompassing Build & Convertingathon.

Re: Rictus's All Encompassing Build & Convertingathon.

I love the stormsword conversion! it really looks great. I might steal some ideas off your work for my attempt at a stormblade. any advice on how to make the huge plasma blastgun? i'm particularly confused as to how I'll model the plasma coils, but I'll take any tips i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rictus View Post
    I would happily pay FW a small fortune for sets of differently posed arms and hands.
    Thats why I put my cadians on the back burner. I really hate that both hands are on the lasgun. So yeah I totally empathise with that!
    A mind without purpose buys stuff it doesn't need.
    My Modular Swamp project log!
    A lonely planet guide to your very own planet? Come join in the fun on my Design a world thread!

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Some very inspiring work here. I hope your motivation revives! I've been a big fan of your work for a long time.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by deckel View Post
    I love the stormsword conversion! it really looks great. I might steal some ideas off your work for my attempt at a stormblade. any advice on how to make the huge plasma blastgun? i'm particularly confused as to how I'll model the plasma coils, but I'll take any tips i can get.
    May be worth looking at half round rod to get the coils. Make the basic shape then wrap it round possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Scout Ewan View Post
    Thats why I put my cadians on the back burner. I really hate that both hands are on the lasgun. So yeah I totally empathise with that!
    Aye, 'tis a bitch.

Been quiet of late. Not gone back to the Militia.

I have however decided to have a go at an Ork vehicle. Quite a large one.

Anyway, you may have noticed I don't really spend much time on Warseer. To be honest I keep forgetting I have a log on here. If it wasn't for the email saying I had a reply to my thread I wouldn't be here now.

Here is a couple of pics of the tank I am working on, i'm not going to post all of them up as the four pic limit would mean it would take an age to do. If you want to see more just follow the link to AB and look me up on there.

Project Logs -Terrain - Building my Armies - now closed

Recalcitrant Daze - Modelling Blog

Quote Originally Posted by hiveminion View Post
    Farewell atheism! From now on I shall worship Rictus, for he surely must be the one and only God!

Quote Originally Posted by Rictus View Post
    May be worth looking at half round rod to get the coils. Make the basic shape then wrap it round possibly.
    And that's why you're the master-modeller. lol... its nice to know that half-round styrene rods exist. thanks! should be a relative breeze now.

It's been a while but I thought for completeness sake I would post a selection of pictures of what I have been building recently.

It is an Ork Storm'amma.

Around 13" long by 9 1/2" wide.

Still a few things to do and a few details were done after these pics were taken.

I'm not going to put anymore up as with the four pic limit I would be here for hours putting up countless posts showing the details and WIP shots.

However if you do want to see them check out my AB Log, here from about page 55 ish I think.

Farewell atheism! From now on I shall worship Rictus, for he surely must be the one and only God!

No replies...how embaressing...

Anyway I decided to sell my two Nurgle Dreadnought/Defilers and then thought I might as well give them a friend to go on ebay at the same time.

Had a Vindi knocking around and came up with this...

As usual loads more pics on the AB log.

It is now on ebay, fingers crossed..., if you are interested the link is in the ebay auction bit on Warseer.

Chapter Master

That looks deliciously repugnant, old boy! Is the translucent goop hot glue?
    Too many tanks? Impossible!
    Historical log: WWI, Napoleonics, and (in time) sundry other things.
    40K & Historical on Photobucket
    Blog

That vindi is simply disgusting...Well in the good way, if there is one...Big fan of your work. Do you plan any renegads big mean vehicules?
    Krieg Marshall moto:
    honour, duty, self-abnegation, sacrifice.

MrP: Yup, hot glue gun. Bit tricky but turned out quite well in the end.

Krieg Marshall: Cheers. No big tanks planned for the Militia. Already have the Decimator and Stormsword and two Malcadors in the works which is enough.

Couldn't remember if these have been shown before, the two Nurgle Dreadnoughts:

That stormhammer is awesome rictus, but the crotch rot on the dreadnaughts is pricless.
    How many hours would you figure you have put into the stormhammer?
    Coldblooded Speedpainting (lizardmen):http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254209
    My old un-updated projects:http://www.pbase.com/chaoson(Nuked by pbase, R.I.P.)
    Shameless plug: My Genestealer Cult ploghttp://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105940
    Pint-sized Guard: Squat Reduxhttp://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121194
    If you are in Japan, please PM!!! We would like to get more players in the area!!!

Erm, to be honest I haven't a clue. Enough probably...

I have another Ork Looted Wagon to show, this one is not only a finished build but I actually painted it.

There are many pics but due to the four pic limit per post and my laziness to do multiple posts here are just four shots:

For pre paint pics of the build and many more detail shots have a look HERE

Looking good Rictus..

Been following this on AB.. but glad to see you have not abandoned Warseer too..

Continue the great work,

Carl

Arrow Re: Rictus's All Encompassing Build & Convertingathon.

Actually MP&T threads on warseer have a 6 picture limit nowadays.

Looking good, thanks for throwing us warseers a wrench every now and again!
    |Dark Mechanicus Log | Bits for Trade |Dr. McNinja | All the Games! | Models Painted: 2006 - 53 | 2007 - 5 | 2008 - 3 | 2009 - 0 | 2010 - 18 | 2011 - 6 | 2012 - 20 | 2013 - 5 | 2014 - 11

40k Warlord Trait Cards and more - IncrediSteve's Card Shop

Cheers for the comments.

To be honest I have kept this log long enough but rarely think of it nowadays, only updating when I do. I only update it in case people still remember me around here and wonder why they don't see me anymore.

But I think it is about time I draw a line under it. I really can't be bothered keeping track any longer and the fact the project logs on here have got even more complicated doesn't help, I have just discovered I have been moved into Chaos project logs but whatever.

As such it is goodbye, I won't be updating again. I may post the odd thing in general from time to time however.

If people want to see what I continue to do for both Orks and Chaos Militia as well as terrain visit the all-in-one Project Log on AB.

Cheers for following and posting over the years.

Till later.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30