Thread: Inquisitor lord in Terminator armor

Inquisitor lord in Terminator armor

I am wanting to convert my Inquisitor lord to have Terminator armor and I am wondering if it would be ok to use the Grey Knight Terminator as the base, or is that armor only used with Grey Knight Terminators; would I have to use a SM Terminator as the base?
    Ferb, I know what we're going to do today...

Re: Inquisitor lord in Terminator armor

As far as I understand it, Grey Knight Terminator armour is different because it is newer. Apparently the AdMech is slowly converting its facilities to make it instead of the old design, and is working to upgrade the suits owned by various Chapters to the new standards. Unless, of course, I have that backwards (I prepare for the lynching of background aficionados). But, anyway, an Inquisitor is an Inquisitor, so he can have whatever kind of armour he pleases.

Edit: Check out the bottom of this page.
    Last edited by BodhiTree; 14-02-2007 at 01:14.

The Grey Knight Termie Armour is smaller than the plastic models so actually works better for an Inquisitor who won't be the size of a Marine.

Alternatively, if you are good with GS then you could try heavily modifying Marine Power Armour to bulk it up so it looks like ornate human sized Terminator Armour.
    Want to buy/trade for: Particular WFB Orc Shaman. See here for details

I'll assume you are not using the GK arms as it has the GK symbol on the gun arm, so wouldn't be appropriate for an Inquisitor. Other than that I would say it is ok to use a GKT as your Inq., probably change the head though to give it originality.

I use the SM Terminator Chaplain as my Inq/Lord. Others I have seen are the
    Lysander mini, and Stern but with the GK bits filed off. They say the new SM Terminator Librarian might make a suitable Inq.

cheers.
    You accuse me of being a Madman.
    What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not?

Watching AFL or down the road at uni, and occasionally at the pub....

Ah the old INQ in termi armour problem.
    I have two in my INQ army at the moment, one is based off the space marine captain in termi armour

He doesnt seem that Inquisitorial but he has a fething huge banner that i dont have a pick of and the INQ shoulder pad as well. SO thats one way to do it.

The other one i have is based off the archaon on foot miniature from games day. Sadly i havent completely finished him so i cant post a picture of him. But he makes a very nice termi, it also helps that he stands a head and a bit taller than any other mini on foot in the game!

The grey knight bodies are ok i would guess but they are too easily identified as grey knights even with out the icons and arms. just some ideas hope it helps.
    Friendly neighbourhood demon host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just assume at all times you are dealing with an idiot and we'll get on fine.
    So Flesh biters with watch hinter allies I have it all straight no Cherub Ale. Leave it with me

Quote Originally Posted by BodhiTree View Post
    As far as I understand it, Grey Knight Terminator armour is different because it is newer. Apparently the AdMech is slowly converting its facilities to make it instead of the old design, and is working to upgrade the suits owned by various Chapters to the new standards. Unless, of course, I have that backwards (I prepare for the lynching of background aficionados)
    Pure fanfic there. Terminator armour can very rarely be replicated, hence why they're cared for so lovingly by a Chapter's Techmarines.

The GK's appearance of the Terminator armour is due to the fact that they also incorporate the Aegis suits too.
    *"The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused."
    Visit my Project Log. (last updated 08/08/2011)
    My current eBay auctions. Bugger All.
    <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtuff View Post
    Pure fanfic there. Terminator armour can very rarely be replicated, hence why they're cared for so lovingly by a Chapter's Techmarines.

The GK's appearance of the Terminator armour is due to the fact that they also incorporate the Aegis suits too.
    I gotcha.

As Grimtuff says. I always had Grey Knight armour down as custom-built and (even) harder to reproduce, much like their kick-ass nemesis weapons.

Chaplain

Mine is the body of the old RT/1st edition Malleus Inquisitor in Termie armour, given GKT arms (NF sword and Psycannon)with GS used to turn the book insignia into a =][=, and the banner from the Capt. Sicarius model.

This means he is smaller than the GKT, but is as/more detailed, and fits in with them.

Now to decide how to do something similar with his counterpart - the goatee bearded Termie Inquisitor with the bionic leg. Maybe a pair of the old GKT arms would suit him better, with different hands/weapons?

Seleucus