Thread: Slaanesh Novels

Slaanesh Novels

Im realy getting into painting my new Slaanesh Army but I still dont know that much about slaanesh. So are there any Black LIbary novels which include slaanesh worshipers?
    Golden throne: Insta-kill anything on the board. Nobody wins, and both players need to find a girlfriend so they can cry in their laps. The player who does not succeed in the final task is more of a nerd and will win anyway.

Now that's broken!

Frecus

Arrow Re: Slaanesh Novels

Just go to your local grocery and find any novel with roses on the cover.
    |Dark Mechanicus Log | Bits for Trade |Dr. McNinja | All the Games! | Models Painted: 2006 - 53 | 2007 - 5 | 2008 - 3 | 2009 - 0 | 2010 - 18 | 2011 - 6 | 2012 - 20 | 2013 - 5 | 2014 - 25

40k Warlord Trait Cards and more - IncrediSteve's Card Shop

Chapter Master Khaine's Messenger's Avatar

Re: Slaanesh Novels

Well, if you want to go whole-hog, I'd suggest Daemonworld and Harlequin...although you might want to read Draco to get a feel for why things in Harlequin come to pass...and there's a few Slaaneshi's in Draco, too. IIRC, the former involves an entire city governed by a Slaaneshi ruler, and the latter includes a rather vivid flashback to a world invaded by the Emperor's Children. And let me tell you, when you get phrases like "even the buildings were fornicating," the compulsion to throw up is pretty strong. There's also a Slaaneshi daemon in Eye of Terror who provides some useful commentary at the end. Oh, and there's an Emperor's Children druggie in Farseer (in fact, there's a major Slaaneshi daemon in it) and a few Emperor's Children Space Marines in Xenos.

Technically speaking, though, if all you want out of Slaanesh is sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll, I don't think you need Black Library sources to help you there.
    "Yes! Finally, a campaign where I can open my mouth without starting a war between the local druids and wizards that will result in a cataclysmic war that will burn reality to its very foundations! My roleplaying life is complete!"--Me, Apr 4, 2008

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only weak search-fu....

Banned

playboy.com?

There is a warhammer book called Konrad (search for Konrad Saga on BL), which has some very good Slaaneshi stuff in it. I know its not 40k, but its very good nontheless. Plus you can get it for £2.70 I think on BL now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man View Post
    Im realy getting into painting my new Slaanesh Army but I still dont know that much about slaanesh. So are there any Black LIbary novels which include slaanesh worshipers?
    Erm ... all C.S. Goto writings on Eldar, esp. Warrior Coven and the story "Tears of Blood". But don't believe anything he writes

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend the Black Library's Liber Chaotica. Worth every penny, and the section on Slaanesh should open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post
    Erm ... all C.S. Goto writings on Eldar, esp. Warrior Coven and the story "Tears of Blood". But don't believe anything he writes
    Actually I don't believe anything he writes, he always mixes up Slaanesh and the Eldar. Sometimes Slaanesh is Eldar best friend and the Eldar like Doing Slaaneshi stuff even though that is the only place I have ever heard of Eldar liking Slaanesh.
    in a c.s.goto book.

Just because you can think it doesnt mean its clever... Like using tyranids with allies or fallen grey knight terminator armies "Look these are my chaos grey knights." or Here are my Slaanesh Eldar and every farseers witch blade is a dildo.
    Thanks c.s.goto, you just gave all the children playing 40k dumb ideas.

Daemonworld was a terrible novel, Ben counter is a good writer imo but not in daemonworld.
    I remember the wall of the city being discribed as somethign like 40 meters and the khorne prince taller than the wall.
    Then the prince was discribed as 40 feet earlier... other stuff like the Wordbearers owning that traitor wordbearer and then the traitor owning them because he had a power weapon and the others stood around looking stupid while each wordbearer had a 1-1 fight with there bolter vs starsabre.

Also the violators were pretty abhorently incompetant, the thunder hawks flew away from the battle to slack off somewhere while the city was overrun by khorne daemons without guns, no one had guns so the thunder hawks could have shot the daemonprince. That dreadnought seemed pretty incompetant too.

I swear that barberian guy also called out "buy the power of grey skull" a couple of times.

~Fulgrim the novel will have stuff on the pre-heresy emperors children.
    ~Index Astartes
    ~Liber chaotica Slaanesh
    ~harliquin, draco, xenos
    ~Daemonworld
    ~Codex chaos (all of them)
    ~Slaves of darkness
    Go here and Download a really good Emperors Children and Slaanesh Codex with almost all the trimmings:
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173392

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine's Messenger View Post
    Technically speaking, though, if all you want out of Slaanesh is sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll, I don't think you need Black Library sources to help you there.
    powerfist.com
    Umbrellas and walking sticks were invented by Satan, because old and feeble people should have a chance at death and destruction too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous
    Of course the whole army was irish themed and the sgts were armed with power whisky bottles instead of powerfists.
    Space Marines W/D/L:
    9/3/4

You could always wait a couple of months for Fulgrim...
    MY FICTION:
    Eoheran, A Hero's Death - The tale of an Eldar Ranger, set a mission on an Imperial world.
    Phanta Claws - Evil stirring in the Underhive of Necromunda.
    Perfect World - A Norse Champion of Chaos, fighting for his vision of utopia.
    Sithian's Jewel - A horror story told through Inquisitorial reports.