Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377
Results 7,521 to 7,534 of 7534

Thread: "ZOMG! Doctor Who (& Torchwood)!"

Lurking in the dark... in the void between worlds....

Re: "ZOMG! Doctor Who (& Torchwood)!"

If it was Capaldi's choice, why did he state just a few months ago he wanted to continue in the role as long as possible? It is for this reason his announcement last Monday has been shocked many fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad
    As ever WINTERMUTE speaks the truth

A Light in the Darkness Irisado's Avatar

It surprised me as well, but Capaldi has shifted his position since his original statement that you're referring to, and this shift occurred before the announcement on Radio 2 on Monday, so we cannot be sure either way whether he decided, whether the BBC decided, or whether it was a mutual decision. It is, however, possible to speculate over the probability of all three options .
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irisado View Post
    It surprised me as well, but Capaldi has shifted his position since his original statement that you're referring to, and this shift occurred before the announcement on Radio 2 on Monday, so we cannot be sure either way whether he decided, whether the BBC decided, or whether it was a mutual decision. It is, however, possible to speculate over the probability of all three options .
    Could just be that Series 10 is starting in a couple of months and it's an easy way to get a lot of interest in the show.
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

Chapter Master

Well, that was something. Better than most episodes of the last couple seasons.

A few weird tone shifts (it tried very, very hard to be horror suddenly for about 5 minutes), a giant future plot element that looms like an elephant, and a completely nonsensical liquid. A touch of dragging on a bit (should have just been a normal hour-long episode)

But still, a fair way to break in a new companion, even if she was a bit dim about putting things together even when the evidence was dropped on her head like bloody anvils. Granted, they were playing this for laughs, but between pictures and carpets and giants rooms the 'It's a lift, right?' was less funny and more sad.

Biggest gripe: if there is an intruder in your home, turn on the bloody lights.

Also, at least on BBC America, they used this to premiere Class, the show that pop up everywhere else some time ago. That was actually better than I expected it to be, even with the horde of twenty-somethings swaying poorly in fake gym pretending to be teens in a fairly 21 Jump Street sort of fashion. It helps that it was fairly unabashedly open about showing the Doctor off as something of a jerk who treats loose ends as someone else's problems.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Was ok, the pointless dalek cameo that served nothing but to show how utterly useless daleks are annoyed me. Greatest enemies of the doctor indeed.
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    Was ok, the pointless dalek cameo that served nothing but to show how utterly useless daleks are annoyed me. Greatest enemies of the doctor indeed.
    That's what the Daleks are.
    Everyone says how fearsome and terrifying they are and we never see them be fearsome or terrifying.
    It's a running gag for the show, along with the terrible CGI effects and wobbly cardboard sets.

Decent enough episode at least, we'll see if the rest of the series lives up that level of quality.
    Plan B kill it with fire
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    But they were at war with the Movellans at the time, you know the enemy they couldn't defeat in Destiny of the Daleks on their own.

A Light in the Darkness Irisado's Avatar

I really enjoyed Saturday's episode. The new companion was better than I expected and I really like Capaldi's Doctor in the role of a university professor, as it suits him. The story was interesting and served well as an introduction for the new companion. The whole episode was much better than I thought it would be. I do agree, however, that turning the lights in the house would have made sense.
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Pretty good episode overall, but dear god BBC, enough with the spoilers. There is a whiff of desperation about the official spoiler campaign. Just let the episodes do the talking!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelwing View Post
    but dear god BBC, enough with the spoilers. There is a whiff of desperation about the official spoiler campaign. Just let the episodes do the talking!
    I concur. You would think they are worried about the show/its viewing figures

Moffat really annoyed me when he starting banging on about the spoiler which would air in the trailer to shown after the episode then criticised The Sun when they revealed the details before it was shown. If you want to keep a secret then don't draw attention to it beforehand.

The

Smile: interesting ideas, but a rushed and messy ending for me. A step down from last week.

Smile: interesting ideas, but a rushed and messy ending for me. A step down from last week.
    Yeah the end felt like they ran out of time and just decided the Sonic ex Machina it, but then they did give us a pointless Dalek cameo last episode so I can't really complain too much. It did feel a bit rushed though, it would have been nice to have had a line that hinted he was going to turn them off then back on again or asking where the reset button is earlier in the episode if that really was the planned ending as it didn't feel properly set up.

One thing I noticed, does anyone else think that the Doctor was looking a lot like Tom Bakers Doctor?
    Albeit minus the scarf that Bill seems to be wearing...
    Plan B kill it with fire

Chapter Master

Definitely a step down. Though I didn't find the ideas particularly interesting. Overly resilient cultural schlock for the lulz, absurd leap in logic leads to... that?
    and finally that horrible abrupt ending that doesn't actually solve anything. The original scenario could very well happen again. Also the morality involved...

Not as abjectly terrible as some from the last two seasons, but pretty mediocre.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

For the first episode, I don't understand why that thing tried to attack her, when in the end it just wanted to follow her? Mediocre start for me, nothing too exciting. Daleks shooting as good as stormtroopers. I wonder if they'll some day become a meme for that...
    Conversion blog in Warseer - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...haos-creatures
    Conversion blog in Chamber of Everchosen members - http://s4.zetaboards.com/cotec/topic/9887054/

Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377