Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379
Results 7,561 to 7,563 of 7563

Thread: "ZOMG! Doctor Who (& Torchwood)!"

A Light in the Darkness Irisado's Avatar

Re: "ZOMG! Doctor Who (& Torchwood)!"

The Empress of Mars was really poor. It was woefully predictable and rather boring. A very disappointing return for an old foe.
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

The Eaters of Light
    That was better, not great but thankfully not objectively bad.
    I did get up to make myself a coffee mid-way into the episode though, didn't seem all that historically accurate so I missed whatever happened with the black stuff on her and how the doctor found her.
    I don't see why the threat had to be universe ending, the creature didn't seem like a universe ending threat in the slightest.

Next one looks more interesting, as it always seems to.....
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by theunwantedbeing View Post
    The Eaters of Light
    That was better, not great but thankfully not objectively bad.
    I'd largely agree. Was a little bored by the dismissive lecturing, but didn't feel it was awful.

I did get up to make myself a coffee mid-way into the episode though, didn't seem all that historically accurate so I missed whatever happened with the black stuff on her and how the doctor found her.
    It wasn't, unsurprisingly, accurate.
    But you missed: she sat in a random shaft of sunlight in the cave system, so it went away (which... seems counter to the nature of the creature) and...
    he didn't. She talked the survivors into leaving the amazingly extensive cave system, and by walking down a tunnel and climbing a ladder into the main hut, so she basically rescued herself, after the requisite moral anvil about what encompasses sexual norms. Naturally a red shirt got eaten in the process.

Er, the process of spelunking. Not during the episodic reminder that Bill is entirely gay and we're certainly not making a big deal about it by bringing it up randomly in situations where it isn't vaguely relevant. Every episode. I get treating her sexuality as normal, but that's best approached by actually treating it as normal, not rolling in a soapbox every episode as a substitute for letting her interact with women at all. Don't have the pope or the UN Secretary General interrupt her sad attempt at a hookup, just have her go on a date sometime. They got it fairly right in the first episode, then bollixed it ever since.

I don't see why the threat had to be universe ending, the creature didn't seem like a universe ending threat in the slightest.
    Yeah, that seemed quite the jump- it didn't even seem to be based on anything, the Doctor just exposited that it was, randomly, a threat to the entire universe, and not, say, an alien space wolf. It was basically a Dark Eldar Khymera, and fair enough, it ate people (in a weird tentacle-y way). How it would make the sun go out and how more creatures would wander in then wander off to eat the stars is a bit of a mystery.

But then I'm not sure how things were solved. Sure, they added more of the temporary stopgap, but... well, odds. By rights the world should have ended around 1000-1500, even if they somehow added up linearly.
    Last edited by Voss; 18-06-2017 at 03:14.
    ----------------------------------
    And lo, the Return!

Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379