As the title says, this is a rather random thing to be posting even in this forum. Then again, it's too serious to go in the Wastes.
EDIT: This thread is now to be used for recipes in general. I'd be grateful if a mod could change the thread title suitably.
The recipe for Grantham Gingerbread biscuits (makes 30)
350g/12oz Caster sugar
1 Egg, beaten
250g/9oz Self-raising flour
5ml/1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Whisk butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy
2. Gradually beat in the egg
3. Sift in flour and ginger and work with a fork until a fairly firm dough is obtained
4. Roll the dough into walnut-size balls and place them on buttered baking sheets, well spaced
5. Bake at 150oC/300oF/gas mark 2 for 45 minutes until very lightly browned and hollow
Very random but I had to share - these are delicious!