Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Praetorian/Moridan lovers on WarSeer

Aiding the scum of the (40K) universe... STILL!

Praetorian/Moridan lovers on WarSeer

RAILGUNNER wants to know how many of you are out there in WarSeer land?

PhilB
    :chrome:

Re: Praetorian/Moridan lovers on WarSeer

I'd be one if I could ever get off my posterior and paint them.

I have about 1500 points of Praetorians that stare dolefully at me from the shelves waiting their turn under the brush.

Hello...thanks for that Philbrad.

Well this thread is intended for the Praetorian/Mordian (and any other Dress Uniform) lovers on warseer.

I am personally in the process of building a 1500pt Praetorian army (over 120 men )

RG
    Quote Originally Posted by hallowed_are_the_ori View Post
    Railgunner......you are a legend! They look so f*ckin sweet! AWESOME
    My new log of everything (Flames of War, 40k and anything else that takes my fancy) (Updated 8/8/08 Battlefleet Gothic)
    The Praetorian/Mordian Lovers of Warseer come give us a visit!!
    Accepting Painting Commisions (site still WIP) Discounts available to fellow Warseers.

I'll be picking up some preatorians for use as my command squad soon, so you can count me in.

Also, if I was ever to get off my **** and do a bit of fan fiction there would be constant reference to whiskey as the 40k version of Scotch whiskey.
    My Rag Tag Guard army, Space Marine Mercenerys and AdMech Sisters of Battle On Hold Sort of
    Come Join the Big Comic Book (And Manga) Thread and check out my BLINDING COLOUR! as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilltouch View Post
    El Presedente, that's just your filthy mind at work.

Chapter Master

Hey sign me up if you can tell me a good way of making them from current parts and all in plastic. I loved the Mordians and was shattered when 2 years ago the GW phone staff said they no longer stocked them.

It may be possible to do them from the legs and chest of the crew men from the Imperial Vehicle Sprue. Then use the cadian arms, shave down the shoulder pads and clean them up and put on the braids (the inquisitor rogue trader whose name has escaped me had seperate pauldrons that can be bits ordered), and the helmet can be made from the head of the Cadian Sgt and the Tank commander (or look online for a place that sells seperate heads like West Wind Games). Also, the Catachan heads may work. That may be doable and gives you standing Praetorian / Mordian guardsmen.

Reg!

BTW I love the Praetorians and Mordians, wish I had never traded them away. Will have to try this idea here myself
    Last edited by Regimental; 06-05-2007 at 13:53. Reason: spelling and addition
    There is nothing in life better than the roar of a TANK!!!

Ah a thread, can only be a good thing!

I an a self confessed Praetorian nut lol (complete with Pith Helmet for tournies :-s ), I can field my old army about 2000pts around 160 Guardsmen strong at a guess, am building my new army (see my Project Blog in my sig), currently that stands at 93 Guardsmen with another 65 basic troops alone queing up for painting... tanks, roughriders, life guards etc not included.

Right, plastic Praetorians, infinately doable, cadians are the the perfect base having already got the 'base' uniform beneath their flak armour, you can take a few different routes for head, sculpting your own, sourcing them from historical minature ranges from other companies or looking at the gunner torso's from GW.

Sculpting your own is tricky (especially if your the sticker for keeping things uniform, though casting your own heads is of course an option), a good example of what can be achieved comes from Si who posts over on Work In Progress.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/109945

Another, and possibly cheaper option would be something along the lines of my take on Praetorian Grenadiers, Life Guards.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/127426

Mordians are even easier, simply assemble your plastic cadian as normal then build the cap (on a bare headed figure) in three stages from green stuff, first a small round disc to form the main part of the cap, then a slightly larger disc to form the upper brim, finally a brim on the front. Job done.

Hey, just a thought, has anyone ever attempted to convert an Inquisitor scale Preatorian or Mordran?

I may attempt that myself when I get round to it, using the standard Inquisitor scale guardsman as a base.
    My Rag Tag Guard army, Space Marine Mercenerys and AdMech Sisters of Battle On Hold Sort of
    Come Join the Big Comic Book (And Manga) Thread and check out my BLINDING COLOUR! as well.

That would look awesome!!
    I managed to pick up the Lord Solar Macharius model yesterday to use as my commanding officer

RG
    My new log of everything (Flames of War, 40k and anything else that takes my fancy) (Updated 8/8/08 Battlefleet Gothic)
    Accepting Painting Commisions (site still WIP) Discounts available to fellow Warseers.

An Inquisitor scale Praetorian?

*hamster going round in head*

Now theres an idea

Old mach eh? I must admit I was never that keen on the model, wouldnt be difficult to improve on though, new arms comes to mind and reworking the helm a bit, I'm got my eye on Forgeworld for when the Krieg Officer comes out, now that is a beautiful model, a headswap as he'd make a great Praetorian Officer in my mind.

Thats what i was thinking (great minds think alike ) but i couldn't wait. Also i didn't want to have 3 of the same models representing my Junior Officers and above.

RG

I have a ca 2500 point painted Imperial Guard army, 120 models are Mordian Iron Guard and all tanks and Sentinels got Mordian crew where possible. The rest are 6 Ogryns, 6 Attilan and 8 Tallarn Rough Riders in the same paint scheme, 20 Veterans (beret stormtroopers with RT captains as VetSgts), 12 Stormtroopers (not Kasrkin) and several ratling snipers.
    I also still got several boxes of Mordians in the closet which I haven´t painted yet and one unit stares at me in its half-finished status it´s been in for 4 months...I am too busy painting my WFB 8K DoW army ^^.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Re: Praetorian/Mordian lovers on WarSeer

Another thing I'd love to see: Mordian Ogryns

Would´nt be the worst idea, though I think that Ogryns are too stupid to keep their uniforms that clean.
    I´d do the caps maybe, but my GS skills suck, because I am allergic to it and I try not to use it if possible. It makes my nose and eyes run and gives me itchy hands.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodknight View Post
    my GS skills suck, because I am allergic to it
    Gutted, Is there not another alternative though, like modelling clay, may break easy though.

Chapter Master

Milliput would work for the ogryns hat, safe, hardens nicley, and you're not doing microscopic details.

As for the tank commander bodies, yup would work, but how to get 100 or so to sit on the cadian legs? That has been the long standing problem for me. Hats are easy to do, but acquiring the right amount of torso's.......

Ask around Ross, I made an appeal for the component on the trading forums a little while ago for my future roughrider project, result was about 30 torso's, theyre out there you just need to trade or buy from other players.

So...after going on an ebaying spree (and using all the remainder of my money) all i now need to buy to finish my praetorian army is; 3 Lascannon teams, 2 heavy bolter teams and the rest of the men for my conscript platoon. Then the pain(ting) begins:cries:

RG
    Last edited by Railgunner; 07-05-2007 at 14:49. Reason: Added some stuff

How are the conscripts going to look?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast