******NEW CODEX RUMOURS******:
- Daemon summoning to remain basically the same
- Daemons can assault after summoning
- All daemonic gifts are gone
- most god specific wargear is gone... Though the armoury is gone only in the sense of there being one huge page of stuff to take. Now all the options it would have contained are in each individual unit entry for easier use. According to the source of these rumours, the Chaos Lord entry is similar to the Carnifex entry, with nearly 3/4's of the page given over to all the options he can take. Chaos Lords have apparently just as much choice as before if not a little more. (thanks Wraithlord! :-) )
- Veteran skill upgrades are gone
- books of chaos are gone
- no special rules for any specific legion
- Chaos are NOT getting the combat rules. Squads have simply 5-20 Marines, allowing anything in between like 6 Chaos Marines or 14, BUT to get the second Special weapon or Heavy weapon it is required a minimum numbers of models per squad (10 Chaos Marines).
- Marks/Icons work as follows Khorne +1A, Tzeentch 5+ invul save or +1 to existing invul save, Slaanesh +1I, Nurgle +1T. The units which can take them are identified as such below.
- The Icon of Chaos Undivided has been confirmed. It is called something like "Icon of the Glory of Chaos".
- daemonic steeds do exist, simply giving IC's which are given them stat bonuses. A juggernaught of Khorne gives the character +1S and +1A, but he takes up 2 spots in a land raider. Others include tzeentch discs, steeds of slaanesh, and nurgle palanquins (rumoured to provide +1W and +1A).
- most troops come with a bolter, bolt pistol, ccw, and frag and krak grenades as standard (yes, all of those)
- Rhinos reduced in points cost, as in the Dark Angels codex.
- Vehicle upgrades ARE still in the book. Most are the same as now however, Daemonic Possession has been slightly altered (didn't say how) and Mutated Hull is completely removed. (thanks Wraithlord! :-) )
- Icons will act as teleport homers for daemons, deep-striking terminators and obliterators. NOT for winged units like Raptors.
- Daemonic Possession is still here and it hasn't changed much. It does what it used to do but it drops the BS of the vehicle to 3. The biggest change is that it no longer makes a vehicle not a transport. It is a little cheaper too.
- Daemon Weapons have the following characteristics:
Add D6 Attacks in Close Combat (If you roll a 1 for the extra attacks, you take a wound with no saves and may not attack.)
- In addition the following marks will have the effect on the Weapon (Mark is determined by what has been applied to the Lord/Sorc):
No Mark - +1 STR
Khorne - Bloodfeeder - Additional D6 (total of 2D6 Attacks) if a 1 is rolled on either dice, you lose a wound and may not attack. Double 1s is not cumulative, you only lose 1 wound.
Nurgle - Plaguebringer - Poisoned attacks that always wound on a 4+.
Tzeentch - Deathscreamer - Can be used a shooting weapon with the following profile: 24", S4, AP3, Assault D6 - if a 1 is rolled for number of shots, lose a wound and no shots are fired.
Slaanesh - Blissgiver - Causes instant death
NOTE: there are no cult units beyond those listed in the troops section. For example, the only plague marines are the "plague marines" unit entry in the troops section. You cannot take plague marine havocs or plague marine terminators. You can give terminators the mark of Nurgle, but they only gain +1T, they do not get FNP or blight grenades. This is true for all 4 gods.
- comes with daemonic aura as standard
- can be marked
- can be marked,
- there is one god specific psychic power for each god (except Khorne) and many of the existing psychic powers remain
- new power 'warp time' allows re-rolls to hit and to wound in close combat
- nurgles rot acts like a pandemic staff
- bolt of change is AP1
- may be marked
- may have pychic powers
- Deamon Princes are all S6, T5 now and are immune to instant kill. The rumours of the gifts they have already posted were pretty much dead on with the Prince having the option to buy wings and maybe a couple other things. Cannot take deamon weapons but apparantly make up for it in just sheer power on their own. Cost before the few upgrades allowed is -just- above 100 or so apparantly. (thanks Wraithlord! :-) ). One of the sources reports the DP as having WS7.
Generic Greater Daemon
- does not take HQ slot
- does not fly
- CANNOT be marked
- Greater daemons have generic stats. Reported WS9, Str8, In5. (thanks Wraithlord! :-) )
- say goodbye to Daemonic Chains
- has the nurgles rot power without a psychic test
- has daemon weapon that is also a force weapon
-Talon/Drachn'yen now one weapon. Counts as a Daemon weapon (DW's are a generic weapon now, all grant +D6 attacks and +1S, but if a 1 is rolled you cannot attack) but it doubles his Strength and you can re-roll failed hits and wounds.
- He has the equivalent of every mark (increased toughness, attacks, 4+ Invulnerable, increased In) and his blessing of the gods make him immune to instant death. You really pay for it though.
- can use 3 psychic powers a turn including force staff
- knows all the chaos psychic powers except the god-specific Slaanesh and Nurgle powers
- more or less the same as he is in the current dex except:
- gorechild has 2D6 penetration vs. vehicles
- he's immune to all psychic powers.
- WS 8? maybe?
-Tyrant's claw is a powerfist with built in heavy flamer.
-Hamadyra grants him the "Warp Time" psychic power (WT allows you to re-roll all failed hits and wounds in HTH)
- have a randomly generated ability (nothing, fleet, power weapons, furious charge, rending, feel no pain)
- 2 A, 3 on charge
- one reaper autocannon, unless you get a full squad (10 models)
- RAC stats are unchanged
- may all be upgraded to aspiring champions with +1A
- can be marked
- squads can be 3+ models
- only unit with infiltrate
- can be marked
- many options, a bit like DA's Veterans
- may be given 2ccw
- frenzy table still exists but is slightly changed (updated: no major changes)
Chaos space marines
- can be marked
- min size need for some weapon upgrades
- aspiring champion limited to basic wargear upgrades (PW, PF, PP)
- have the +1A over normal marines, WS5 and furious charge
- no bloodfrenzy or chainaxes
- they are armed with CCW and BP, and have the option for plasma pistols as they do now.
- T4(5), blight grenades (-1A to enemies engaged in hth), feel no pain
Noise Marines/Emperors children
- +1I and access to sonic weapons
- doomsiren AP3, only for Aspiring Champion
- blastmaster on max power is a small blast krak missile
- 1 blastmaster per squad
- Noise Marines are the cheapest of the Cult marines (before Sonic weaponry)
- Noise Marines can take a heavy weapon with only 6-strong squad
- no more Combat Drugs
- slow and purposeful on 1 dice
- AP 3 bolters (inferno bolts)
- 4+ invul save
- only 1 wound
- sorcerer sergeant with 2 psychic powers, but no power fist option, and allows 2d6 for slow and purposeful
Generic Lesser Daemons
- do not take up a troop slot
- CANNOT take marks
- no more hit and run
- can be marked
- price reduced
- may be beasts/cavalry
- do NOT take up a Fast Attack slot
- Spawns changed and kinda wierdly. They don't take up any FOC slots, are deployed like Fast Attack, are more expensive and lost their save.
- The weird thing is that they have Slow and Purposeful but are catagorized as beasts: since the spawn is Slow and Purposeful they role one D6 for movement in the movement phase, and since they are beast role D6 for movement in the shooting phase.
NO Daemon beast units
- can be marked
- CANNOT be marked (heard somewhere on the net, highly contested)
- S and T 4
- no longer 0-1
- possibly lose power fists for power weapons (contested)
- only access to energy weapons, not ballistic weapons (ie lascannons but not bolters)
- cost is unchanged
- recently confirmed
- no more indirect fire
- can trade in some of its shooting weapons for more CCW having up to 6A
- can be given fleet (probably it will be a default upgrade)
- loses the status of Monstruous Creature, but gains S10 (thanks Wraithlord! :-) )
- It still has Daemonic Possession (so AB3?)
- Can be marked
- Havocs do not have combat squads. Kind of CSM squads that can take 4 special/heavies.
******FUTURE CODEX RUMOURS******:
- There WILL be a codex down the road that focuses on cultists, Latd, and daemons which is where you will see the return of the daemons we all know and love now. (thanks Wraithlord! :-) )