Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

Re: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

Thanks for the comments guys.

This first batch of rough-riders worked well enough that I may have to do more.
    + I rehosted the pics for my Lost & The Damned project log! +
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

I recognise some of the heads (West Wind), but where are the horses from? They remind me of the Chaos Knight mounts, but I know they aren't since I'm staring at the Chaos Knights in my hand right now
    Getting sidetracked, a (dozen) projects at a time...

"Mathematics? Logic?
    Neither has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with any of this. Mixing Spock, the Borg and something else we arrive at the truth: Logic is futile. You will be administered. "

Chaos marauders Faolan
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

really nice stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan View Post
    I recognise some of the heads (West Wind), but where are the horses from? They remind me of the Chaos Knight mounts, but I know they aren't since I'm staring at the Chaos Knights in my hand right now
    Yeah, it's a nice kit too. Comes with a ton of extra marauder heads, which are great for Blood Pact and Space Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon-forge View Post
    really nice stuff
    Thanks!

I decided to push on and finish what I've started, so here's some of the painting progress I made yesterday on rough rider #1:

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 14:49.
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

Orion,

Stuff looks AMAZING as usual.

On another note, show up to the GT some Monday, would love to see it in person! I know that's not likely to happen, now that you've got new addition to the family...congratulations on that by the way!

Can you stop being so awesome so guys like me can be good for a while? :P

Austin
    My demons, the nightmares of Antioch IV:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...48#post5847948

Want sexy demon on demon action?:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156939

Quote Originally Posted by Menthak View Post
    Druchii has the best idea.

*Edit for 2017*
    Okay, so I was pretty pissed about photobucket killing all the image hosting links, so I decided to do something about it. Mainly, I downloaded all the pics from their site, uploaded them to google, and then went back through this thread and fixed each link. There still might be a couple things missing here and there, but this is my community, my forum and my damned Lost & the Damned project log and I'll fight for it. I've got a lot of new stuff in the works I'll be posting in the days to come. For now, enjoy the old stuff and thanks for looking.

As promised here is a progress update for an ongoing scratchbuild project. I decided to take a crack at the Macharius Vulcan superheavy tank. This vehicle can be taken as a Lord of War choice for the current 8th edition Renegades & Heretics army list. It's a good time to update the Lost & the Damned after a long hiatus.

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

Pretty fantastic work, not least the rider and minigun tank. Rivets or some other details to be added to the plates?

Thanks! Yes, there is still a bit of work that needs to be done on the flat surfaces to get them looking good. I am in a weird place with it where any bits I add seem tacked-on, so maybe I need to up my game.

My rivets are coming out a bit chunky as well, so I may need to try a smaller diameter, and a more precise adhesive? I have been using liquid superglue, which works fast, but dries messy. Could use some pointers there as I'm interested in improving.

I decided to try something new over the weekend. Inspired by the Forgeworld Masterclass piece on how to make camo netting, I decided to give it a shot. My Macharius Vulcan seemed like a good candidate for the experiment since it's larger than the standard 40k vehicle, and there are plenty of large, flat surfaces to muck around with.

Since the wife went out for a ladies' night, and the kids were in bed I was free to queue up some youtube tutorials and take over the family room for the evening. I distressed some medical gauze and soaked it in a mix of water, PVA glue and paint.

After that I hung the gauze to drip dry for a few minutes. I added some wire hooks on the Macharius to hold the netting. Next I rolled up the gauze and stretched it onto the hooks. That was the fun part. It was a mess, but I didn't mind. Painting will come later.

Renegade Rough Rider Reboot

Years ago I got laid off my job, my wife was starting law school, and we could no longer afford to pay rent. We ended up having to move into my in-laws' house. It was a tough time. Money was short. I remember kitbashing some cavalry for my renegade guard army at the time. I never really got the opportunity to finish them. I just didn't have the budget to get the bits I needed. This month, after a very long hiatus, I am happy to revisit this project.

It's been a crazy ride. These models take me back.

Today I picked up some 60x35mm oval bases, and I think these are the best fit. They were originally mounted on 40mm circles, but were spilling off the edges pretty bad.

Plasma guy arm courtesy of the Tempestus Scions kit.

Can't remember where the lasgun with strap came from. Maybe Catachan Infanty kit.

This is my favorite guy. Head is from a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ogres kit.

I still need to do some tidying up work. Probably need to sculpt some straps and a few more bits to tie it all together. The spears are all different, so I need to sort out some suitable explosive tips that look the part.

Week 5 of the Fate of Konor campaign was set on a water world, and as such, the theme emphasized flyers and fast attack units. My Death Guard had struggled much in the campaign scenarios that required the attacker to move swiftly across the board. Because of this I realized something more was needed to capture this ocean planet for Chaos.

I decided to scratch-build a chaos hell blade to get myself a fast harrier. It seemed simple enough to get together, and most of the construction was accomplished over a weekend.

Ironically, me, my wife, and kids all got sick that week, and I missed the entire round. So even though the model was built and spray-primed black, it was somewhat lost in the bustle of taking care of the family.

So something like a month has gone by and I decided to get back to finishing it up.

I've got the basic color scheme down, with a couple washes done to dirty it up.

I'm going to go in and bring out the details next. Definitely want to spend time getting the cockpit glass looking nice

Commander

Nice scratch build, your roughriders are interesting too

Great scratchbuild, and cool rough riders.
    Shame Pappa Nurgle decided to bless your family, but it is not our place to question his divine plan. Hopefully you are all fully recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

Ha, thank you, Denny. Yeah, we are all now recovered and Nurgle has thankfully withdrawn his "favor" for the time-being.

Also, thank you for the kind words as well, Nitromors.

This week I have been working on a couple upcoming projects, a new unit of cultists and kitbashed/green-stuffed plague ogryns. Hoping to find time to post an update on those once I get the color scheme to a place that is looking good enough to share.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11