Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

Re: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

Minor Update

Do you ever find yourself in the situation where you must choose between going out to the local hobby store for an evening of gaming or staying home to get caught up on painting mini's? I've officially reached the point where I'm buying models faster than I can put them together, so I've been opting for staying home lately, just to get caught up. Sometimes I briefly talk myself into not buying anything new until I get all the old stuff painted, but that plan never works due to the sheer attractiveness of GW's shrink-wrapped products.

Most recent purchase: I got the itch to buy a CoD Manufactorum over the weekend. The 'do-it-yourselfer' in me was originally appalled at the idea of ruined building terrain in a boxed set, since I had always assumed that I could make whatever I needed by hand. The change of heart happened when I saw the level of detail in these things. I think the 2"x3" wall sections would look great as plating on a titan or superheavy tank. It's something else to mess around with at any rate.

Malcador!

I got home late tonight, exhausted, but wanted to get something done, so I made part of the forward hull. Here's a look at the progress. Leman Russ included for size comparison.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 15:16.

I hope your happy, I bought 4 of the crashed landers from Battlewagon bitz closeout sale because you just so inspired me to make them.

Its a shame the rules for them are not as good as the model though...

later,
    fishborne
    Proud Bearer of: Star of Thor, Medusa Star, Order of the Emperors Knights,The Order of Ollanius Pius, Macharian Cross

All hail Saint Pius
    Quote Originally Posted by hooter hunter
    Not everyone gets lucky like our lil Fishy.
    Gan Haden Wild Card Rules: Look very cool in gas masks. Kill every living thing within view.

Four Aquilla Landers, you say? Excellent! Lord Tzeentch's plans are falling into place, Fishborne...

Once I've gotten the Malcador completed, I'll start the dread task of finishing the Lander.

Granted, the rules for the aquilla lander aren't great, and for a few more points you can take one of the better flyers.

I hear that it's best used for shuttling HQ's around the board in big games. I'm sure that the new rules for flyers in Apocolypse will make the lander a more viable choice, especially since it's such a great-looking model. I also like that it can stay on the board, so I may just have it show up, disgorge a tar-pit squad, and hover annoyingly.

Update

I'm not sure it really fits in with the background story of my renegade force, but I started building a warhound titan this week based off Jeff's (lackofbettername) work, and thought I might as well share it.

Corrugated Titan

Yeah, that's right. I happen to live on a forgeworld where the most plentiful raw material is cardboard. Enemies of the Lost and the Damned beware!

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 15:21.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 15:22.

AS imposing as thatt Titan looks, hes 'armless really

The Malcador model is superb, and the clunky masks of the Militia are sweet.
    Painting Log - My for sale/trade thread! PM me if you're after something not on the list, I might have it!
    Available for commissions, PM me if you're interested.
    Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue plog
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocracity View Post
    I don't want to get all ad hominem up in here, but I honestly don't know why so many people who complain that Ward writes for 13 year olds insist on acting like 13 year olds anyhow.

Damn it! How long did that Titantake you to do? I've been hacking at mine for several weeks and only have the head, torso and middle of the back done!

40K armies: - Chaos Marines (12.5K) - Tyranids (3K) - Space Marines (2K)
    Fantasy armies - Hordes of Khorne (2.5K) - Orcs and Goblins (2K)

Excellent work on the Warhound!
    Suffolk Wargaming Forum - a forum for wargaming, wargamers, and wargaming clubs in Suffolk.
    The Legion of Taurus: My Chaos Space Marine log over at The Ammobunker - featuring 40k, Forge World, BFG and Epic.

Just got back from a weekend of white-water rafting. It was fun, but I'm sunburnt and tired. Will get back to work after some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Bunny 666 View Post
    AS imposing as thatt Titan looks, hes 'armless really
    Titan humor? that was terrible!
    Hopefully he won't be 'armless for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Merceus View Post
    Damn it! How long did that Titantake you to do? I've been hacking at mine for several weeks and only have the head, torso and middle of the back done!
    These pics are after four days of progress.

I checked out your log, Merceus, and it looks like you're making good progress. You're adding a lot of interesting details that will pay off if you stick with it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm40k View Post
    Excellent work on the Warhound!
    Thanks, after I've recovered from rafting it'll be back to work on the titan's arms. Also hoping to finish up the Malcador this week.

I have a favor to ask:

So I don't actually own the Titan rules and I'm trying to decide which weapons to build for it. Could someone more familiar with the rules give me a general idea of each of the four different weapons' purpose and/or what it is strong against? That will give me a bit more to work with, otherwise I'm just going to make the ones that look coolest.

Chapter Master lack0fbettername's Avatar

Orion ill let you look at IA06 next time your at the shop.

Weapons
    2xTurbolaser = 2 shot, similar to a big lascannon
    Plasma Blastgun = Similar to a Plasma cannon just bigger
    Inferno gun = Awsome marine killer
    Vulcan mega-bolter = bigger assault cannon

-Titan looks good

YOUR CHECKLIST
    -check local forum bout megabattle
    -Finish Titan before megabattle
    -Run titan in megabattle

-JSV

Cool, thanks, Jeff.

Interesting checklist... It gives the impression that some kind of MEGABATTLE is looming on the horizon!

Yum, I predict some serious titan on titan action in the near future. Or maybe a tag team? And a massive Lost and the Damned/Chaos Space Marine horde swarming past their feet. Or in my case, about 8 chaos space marines, ten traitors, and a cardboard Malcador.. hmmm..

cool stuff, look forwards to more,

Hawke

AAARRGGHH how come everyone else can follow lackof's plans for a Warhound and i cant?

Thinking of finding someone to pay to do it.

Great work on the lander dude, c'mon, update! wanna see it done, might convince me to get a McCragge set.
    Sleazy builds a Reaver titan...
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128296
    Sleazy paints a proper Reaver...
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187866
    Old meets new meets scratch - Eldar log
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165589

Commander Metal Fingered Villain's Avatar

That malcador is looking very very good. Can't wait to see the titan finished as well. Is he going to be coated and detailed with plasitcard?
    A keen drum machine buff who feans for more green stuff.
    I am available for painting/sculpting commissions. PM me if interested or send me an email at KingKonstad@aol.com.
    My Chaos Log
    Xenos Infections
    Loyalist Scum
    MY BLOG

Wow, new comments! Yeah, sorry haven't been updating here recently. The warhound's now completely built, and I just started painting it last night. Should have new pics up as soon as I can borrow a camera (or battery charger).

Sleazy, it's all in the feet. That's the most tedious part, cutting out and building all of those toes. Once that's finished, the rest just builds itself.

Metal Fingered Villain, thanks, the Malcador's all finished and mostly painted. Just need to apply a couple of highlights. The Warhound has gotten a lot of plasticard added, including a new cockpit that opens on a hinge, and a lot of little neat detail bitz. I'll see if I can rectify the camera situation.
    + I rehosted the pics for my Lost & The Damned project log! +
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

Quote Originally Posted by Eater of Small Things View Post
    These pics are after four days of progress.

I checked out your log, Merceus, and it looks like you're making good progress. You're adding a lot of interesting details that will pay off if you stick with it. Good luck!
    Cheers you too, everything looking great here

40K armies: - Chaos Marines (12.5K) - Tyranids (3K) - Space Marines (2K)
    Fantasy armies - Hordes of Khorne (2.5K) - Orcs and Goblins (2K)

Update

Corrugated Warhound Titan

I'm getting a lot of painting done for our upcoming mega-battle next week. It's not quite finished, so I'm only showing a handful of teaser pics for now. At least it gives you a good idea of how the paint scheme is shaping up.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 15:26.
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

Loving the scratch builds, Its amazing that greenstuff and cardboard can lookas good as the forgeworld resins. Looking across the table its difficult tot tell the difference between Lackoff inspired cardboard Titans and the big hunk of expensiveness from Forgeworld.

Go Evil Hordes!

Updated! - Renegade Malcador

Since I've had so many different projects running all at once, my friend suggested I make a to-do list to get organized. After a couple of days, I've gotten my stuff together and have begun working on the chaos renegade militia again.

The Malcador has been mostly completed for the last six weeks, but I never got around to the finishing touches until last night. Huzzah for plasticard and Lack0f's templates!

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 15:28.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast