Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

Re: Renegades Project Log: The Lost & the Dumb

That is a fantastic Titan, I rarely see scratchbuilds that can stand up to close-up photo.

Veteran Sergeant

This Titan looks awesome!

I hate people that are so good with cardboard! (I cant be that good )

Update - Chaos Renegade Militia

The first militia squad are finished and the rest of the platoon are currently in progress. Inspired by the FW renegades of Vraks, I'm going for the gruesome feel of toxic wasteland soldiers.

I've played a few games with the Malcador so far, and I found that it's a great piece of mobile terrain for my squads to hide behind as they move up the board. Once, however, it blew up in an apocalyptic explosion and wiped out most of the footsloggers on my side of the table. Be warned that results may vary. :P
    Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:06.
    + I rehosted the pics for my Lost & The Damned project log! +
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

I'm genuinely impressed, the 'big sluggers' look great despite their cardboard cores! Did you follow some kind of tutorial or was it all off the top of your noggin?

Your marines should crack the whip! Get those lazy renegades back on the factory lines!
    Grow Old or Die Trying

very interesting and characterful army

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteye View Post
    I'm genuinely impressed, the 'big sluggers' look great despite their cardboard cores! Did you follow some kind of tutorial or was it all off the top of your noggin?

Your marines should crack the whip! Get those lazy renegades back on the factory lines!
    The warhound and malcador both come from templates made by lack0fbettername. Once I built the models out of cardboard, I went back and added more pieces, reinforcing the structure, and making them look more 'renegade'.

The templates can be found here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bwc-archive/

There's some other templates there by some other people that might be worth checking out as well.

-Update- Chaos Space Marines

I finished painting the scratch-built predator, dreadnought, and an obliterator for the renegade marines this week. Other than that, I'm also having an internal debate as to which units I'll let myself run in this CSM army. I've got a Lord of Slaanesh mounted on the dragon-shrimp-thing (it's the WHFB model) that I've been thinking about making into my Chaos Lord, but the problem is that the rest of my CSM units have more of a Khornate theme. I'd love to branch out and include models from the different legions (plague marines, noise marines, ect.), but I feel slightly guilty doing it. Maybe I just need to come up with some fantastic fluff to justify it?
    + Still need to upload pics for the old Orks and Emperor Titans project logs... +

hahaha Awesome!! I'm looking forward to seeing this progress to the finnished product! Great job!

- Cirrus

Update! - Reinforcements

My renegade space marines have become appalled by how long it takes me to convert plastic cadians into chaosy traitor meat-shields. They are so disgusted that they decided to call up reinforcements from the Warp...

A single Obliterator returned their call, and jumped on the next bus out of the Eye of Terror to lend a helping hand. As soon as the traitors laid eyes on him, they said, "Oh noes, his gun barrels are not drilled out!!!1 OMG"

To which he replied, "That's okay, you'll get over it. I've got some 'green-stuffing' work on my shoulder that more than makes up for it."

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:08.

You are a god at scratch building! I don't know how long it took you to make those FW replicas, but they are stunning.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming like the other people in his car.

Got those old 5th edition lizardmen collecting dust? PM me, I really need more metal skinks with javelins.

Very interesting models there. Might be a little to colourful for me though.
    Current Armies/ Projects:NONE getting rid of all my Warhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    Afraid, terrifed, scared, horrified, shocked, weeping, sorrowful... the Octophallus is coming.

Update - Scratchbuilt Predator

I finally finished building and painting up my homemade predator. I played a game with it last week and my opponent didn't even notice that it was an imposter. Success!

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:13.

Love the work you've done with the lander, keep it up

Glad you like the lander project. If you want to see a good in-depth article on how to build your own, check out Lack0fbettername's awesome article in Firebase #5.

Update - Reinforcing Faltan Prime

The Story So Far...

The ranks of renegade marines continue to swell as more forces of chaos arrive on the planet Faltan Prime. A fortuitous warp storm has flared up near the Faltan System, masking the actions of the renegades and buying them precious time to reinforce their position. An Imperial transport convoy will arrive in-system to collect Faltan's regularly scheduled munitions and arms tribute. Due to some over-zealous orbital bombardment of the Planetary Defense Force headquarters and other infrastructure faciliities, the chaos marine overseers do not know when the expected Imperial convoy will arrive and discover that the planet has fallen to chaos. Facing the inevitable, they are calling up all the support from the Warp they can muster. The milita and worker rabble continue to slave away in the manufactoriums, cranking out new weapons of war.

New Stuff...

Here is Typhus, who I will be using in the CSM force as a proxy chaos lord of nurgle in terminator armor.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:18.

Update - Khorne Berserkers

I've had these berserkers for over a year, and just recently got around to assembling and painting them up. They're my favorite unit in my new army because I like furious charge and the extra attacks, although their rhino doesn't always make it across the table. Regardless, they work well as a sturdy assault group and I like the models.

Let me know what you think about the pics.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:20.

What Power Fist does that Berzerker Aspiring Champion have? Its rather massive! I like the red blade on Typhus, perhaps some rust would add to it?
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

His fist is actually from one of my old Mageknight models, some kind of golem. I occasionally raid my collection of old figures from that game for bitz if I'm short on cash. I'm hoping that the powerfist isn't so large that it looks weird or silly. That wasn't my intention.

Good idea about adding some rust to Typhus's weapon. I'll try it out.

Update - second squad of khorne berserkers

I had some leftover chaos marine and loyalist marine bitz and I decided to build a second berserker squad out of them. These are the four I've finished painting so far.

Last edited by Eater of Small Things; 13-09-2017 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Eater of Small Things View Post

The Renegade Aquilla Lander

I felt that a salvaged Aquilla Lander would make a great center-piece for my traitor force as a transport for the commander and his lackeys.

As it happens, one of my first investments was the Battle for Macragge boxed set-- This set is a great buy because I noticed that the terrain that comes in the set is actually bitz from the Forgeworld Aquilla Lander. After some thought, I decided that the pieces could be used to rebuild the ship, so I grabbed the clippers and went to work.
    Are you still working on your Aquilla Lander? I was curious, because I just finished converting one from the Macragge set too about a month ago.
    Save the Earth: It's the only planet with chocolate.
    My Project Logs:
    Tommygun's Backwater Forgeworld: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126270
    Tommygun's Xenotechnology: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244950
    Tommygun does what with paper?: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226343
    Tommygun Ironworks http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304880
    New Paper web site: http://www.modelpaperworld.com/en/

Actually, I got distracted by other projects for the army and never finished the Aquilla Lander. The good news is that my friend, Lack0fbettername, took over the idea and built his own version. It's now an article in Firebase. You should check it out if you haven't already.

I'll eventually go back to working on it sooner or later. Thanks for looking.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast