Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: what to do? what to do? Aegius' apocalypse thread

Re: what to do? what to do? Aegius' apocalypse thread

Thankyou very much sir. I've just taken a look through your log, and I've got to say that I'm impressed, that Autarch is a thing of beauty.

Updatey type thingy:

I wasn't truly happy with the Avatar's loin cloth, so I gave it another go. I've got to say, I'm happy with it now. I can finally sleep at night, well, I could if I didn't currently have insomnia, but, meh!!!!

I redid his base too as I was going to change my basing scheme away from snowy bases, but then I had a game with my Eldar on a snowy board, which means that I need to put MOAR SNOW on now, because snowy games are beautiful.
    <

How long ago were the Eldar re-released? well, I picked up a box of wraithguard on the release day and I've finally gotten around to finishing them. Well, not quite, I need to make the bases all snowy 'n that.

But on the other hand, Space hulk was released 4 and a bit years ago and I only got around to finishing this guy last week, or was it the week before?:

That puts my combined total of painted space hulk terminators up to 4.
    <

Right, I've not been on this log for a little while. The reason being is that I've found an army list that works for me and I haven't needed to paint anything for a while.

One problem I've been having with my list is Riptides. I don't have an awful lot of anti armour/monstrous creature type units in my list. I can deal with almost anything with my current list, even if it is a bit tricky, everything that is, except for Riptides.

In order to better deal with these behemoths of dooooooom, I've decided to replace my fireprism with 2 Warwalkers armed with scatterlaser/brightlance and see how they do.

Luckily for me, I had a spare warwalker that I bought in 2006 lying around:

I really enjoyed painting this model, I'm getting a bit bored of painting marines, I just need to find a reason to paint some more stuff for my Eldar.

I just need to head over to my local GW and pick up another one at some point, then see how they perform in games.
    <

Very nice paint scheme.
    And the base looks very realistic.
    <

Really lovely, the blending on the panels is excellent as it is very smooth. Looking forward to seeing the next one.
    My Various Painting Projects, just added Malifaux Dr Dufresne and a combat hippo!
    <

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7