Thread: S.O.R. finally gets a digi-cam... Imperial Fists Legion: Post Iron Cage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spiking the nutrient shakes with Fenrisian Ale aboard Phalanx, The Imperial Fist Deathstar

S.O.R. finally gets a digi-cam... Imperial Fists Legion: Post Iron Cage

Well, after years of living in the dark ages, I went all out and bought a nice Nikon D40 digital SLR.

I have been SLOWLY working on my Imperial Fists, wasting huge amounts of energy writing different lists and yapping on the tactics forums.

After having started quite a few different versions of Imperial Fist space marine armies, I have settled on one that will represent the grizzled veterans who survived the Iron Warriors Iron Cage and crusaded with Rogal Dorn on a deathwish till their numbers were dwindled to chapter size.

For those in the dark, fluff-wise:

Rogal Dorn was made Supreme Commander after the onset of the Horus Heresy. He and his Imperial Fist Legion was the Emperors Praetorians, sworn to defend and protect him. It was he who found the broken body of the Emperor and placed him in the Golden Throne. After the defeat of Horus, he took his Legion on a long rampage after the traitors, throwing his usual careful tactics aside in his rage and fury.

This is the story of an army that fought in times of great upheaval, and forced changes upon its doctrines and organization. The Imperial Fists were divided into the Crimson Fists and Black Templars. The newer members went mostly to the Crimson Fists, and the most feverent and zealous went to the Black Templars. There were still far too many Imperial Fists to form a single chapter with, and many of these grizzled veterans realized they would rather fight and die through an endless campaign than give up Dorn's colours.....

This is their story....

Immediately post-Heresy,the Codex Astartes was written and forced upon them. This army will be represented RULESWISE by (shock and revulsion...) a Codex Blood Angels list.

WHY? It features NO assault marines but well portrays combat squads (and the future format of Space Marines once the Redux hits)

As a bonus, it allows me to represent a few vets that went a bit berserker after watching all their buddies die in the Iron Warriors ambush of the Iron Cage (Death Company Elites).

here it is:

TROOPS: 600

Tactical Squad #1 (10)
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Melta-Gun
    Lascannon
    Rhino (Smoke, Searchlight, 2x Stormbolter)

Tactical Squad #2 (10)
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Melta-Gun
    Lascannon
    Rhino (Smoke, Searchlight, 2x Stormbolter)

FAST ATTACK: 150

Attack Bike (1)
    Multi-Melta or Heavy Bolter (magnetized)

Attack Bike (1)
    Multi-Melta or Heavy Bolter

Attack Bike (1)
    Multi-Melta or Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT:590

Devastator Squad (10)
    3x Lascannons
    1x Rocket Launcher

Predator Destructor (1)
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Pintle Storm Bolter
    Dozer Blades

Predator Destructor (1)
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Pintle Storm Bolter
    Dozer Blades

ELITES:230

Terminator Squad (5)
    Assault Cannon

HQ:125

Chaplain
    (Storm Bolter, Jump Pack)

- Death Company (6) -90 pts-
    6x Jump Packs

for 2000 pt games:

Fast Attack:

Landspeeder Tornado (Hvy Bolter, Hvy Flamer)

HQ:

Alaric Volker, the Witch-Bane. (-see page 2)

Being all vets I am using NO mk7 armor, and lots of small convo's to represent mk5 and mk4 suits. All my marines will have red helmets and white stripes to represent all the vets joining Rogal Dorn in his Crusade upon mourning the death of the Emperor.

I will add another mechanized tactical squad with plasma gun and rocket launcher to bring it up to 2000 pts to round it out.

Without further adieu:

tamiya spray white primer

vallejo gamecolour

bronzed flesh(tone)
    chestnut ink, for greave and cracks
    bronzed flesh touch up
    sunblast yellow
    layering up to baldmoon yellow edging

more updates to follow soon!

NOTE: I wasn't able to find image posting guidelines in the Warseer faq, kinda new to this as my camera is about 2 days old...

Please let me know if the images are supposed to be resized....and how to do this!
    Last edited by Sons of Russ; 16-09-2007 at 14:56.
    Non Shall Pass... Imperial Fist Siege Brigade

Logan Grimnar's Great Company, For the Wolftime!!!
    CONCENTRATE your fire! CRIPPLE your foe's mobility! ASSAULT is ALWAYS on your terms! BELIEVE in the All-Father!
    -->Logan Grimnar has shredded: 1x Avatar, 1x Slannesh Prince, 3x Storm Guardians,15x Berserkers,Canis Wolfborn,Lord Dante, a GK Grandmaster, & 9x Sisters of Battle