PDA

View Full Version : How to decide?

havoc626
25-08-2007, 13:51
If you cannot decide between collecting one army or another, how would you decide? (Collecting both is not an opition)

This is just a question I posted to find out how people make their own decisions, because I can't decise who I'm going to collect first.

Neknoh
25-08-2007, 14:05
Basically, I collect a smaller contingent of the army I find I like the look of the most, if I enjoy modelling, playing and painting it, I'll stick with it, if not, I'll finnish the first five hundred or sevenhundred fifty points and use that army to help people learn to play whilst collecting the other instead.

But basically, go for what you like the look of the most

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
26-08-2007, 10:53
Well I dont think theirs really a method.
When I was choosing, it took a long time to choose from the 3 elves. But I just liked Dark elves the best, it's that simple really.

Cassius105
26-08-2007, 11:16
I would sacrifice a baby and a lump of cheese to the gods and wait for there guidance.

But seriously id choose the one whos fluff I like the most, that being even id go to which one suited my playstyle, that being even id just slip a coin :P

mistformsquirrel
26-08-2007, 11:28
Well, having just had to make such a tough decision myself in starting my Chaos army - here's how I did it.

For me it was between Chaos, Empire, and Vampire Counts.

Step 1 - Start working out some basic army fluff. Who is my "Lead character". Nothing too definite, just some basic impressions of who I want them to be. How physically powerful are they? Are they a mage? Are they courageous or craven? Do they hide amongst their many ranks or go to war astride a mighty steed, or even a dragon?

Well for me, my character fits best on foot, and she aught to be an amazing fighter. Empire characters, whilst not bad, aren't what I had in mind after I did some extra looking. They just aren't powerful enough to fit what I wanted in a lead character.

2 - What about the other characters and the character of the army?

Well after some thinking, I wanted an especially hard and elite group of soldiers, rather than a vast horde. So that pretty well knocked Vampire Counts out. I also wanted to give them some personality, so even if the first hadn't, the second was the last nail in the coffin so to speak. (bad pun I know).

3rd - and this totally sealed the deal for me - was that I fell in love with the look of Chaos. Other things are nice, but that especially caught my attention.

Now granted, you've probably gone through some of those steps already - but try and do a little background fluff on your army without deciding on an actual list just yet. Just get some vague impressions of what you want, and that may lead you to the right list.

(Err, I guess summed up as best I can make it "Let the fluff guide you to your army" - doesn't always work that way; but its how it worked for me at least!)

E-Dog
28-08-2007, 07:57
To me it all comes down to which models I like the best, as those will be the most fun to paint and convert.