PDA

View Full Version : *Is proud of my wife*

TheSanityAssassin
28-08-2007, 01:18
Anyways, I know this is sort of pointless ramble, but my wife played in her first 40k tourney today (500 pt combat patrol), and actually had a ton of fun! She won 4 of 5 games, survived a game against a horribly unsporting Guard player (I'll move my 60 men back and forth one by one for no good tactical reason other than to waste game time so I can get a draw), and ended up taking home a Predator tank as best sports....woman...at the tourney!

Anyways, I'm proud of her, and just thought I'd let everyone know.

reds8n
28-08-2007, 01:37
Congratulations to you and yours I suppose.

probably says more about me but this sure as hell wasn't what i was expecting when i clicked on the thread.:angel:

<returns to dragging mind out of gutter>

The guard player really did that ? :wtf:

When Black Roses Bloom
28-08-2007, 03:22
Congratulations to you (you taught her how to play), your wife(she had the godgiven patience to stay and learn, instead of running away screaming her lungs out) and your new ride, the Predator(whitch will give you free parking spaces all around the 'hood). What is it? Destructor of Anihilator? :chrome:

colmarekblack
28-08-2007, 03:34
Congrats for your wife, we need more women in this hobby. That Guard player was a jerk even by GT standards. Hope he got a talking to afterwards?

scratchbuilt
28-08-2007, 03:52
While many complain about simplified rules. It does help to bring more people in that might not otherwise be able to face the geekiness required.

Good for you two.

dcikgyurt
28-08-2007, 04:55
Congratulations to the both of you. It's good to see more women playing. Especially at tournament level.

asmodan
28-08-2007, 07:33
:DI'll contact his regimental commissar and recommend a thorough flogging :D

killa kan kaus
28-08-2007, 07:37
The IG player shall burn in hell for all eternity!!!!!???!!?!?!?!

El_Phen
28-08-2007, 07:49
Kudos to you (for teaching to such a good standard) and your good lady sir (for winning lots). My own lady-friend beats me at most games we play but has decided that she doesn't like 40K so that's one thing I can still claim as my own.

qwertywraith
28-08-2007, 07:58
Congrats to her, and to you both on the bun in the oven. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to play against her. She really should consider starting up Slaaneshi marines (join the pink side, it's fun). There's no better time than when the codex and new models come out (and she has a nice new predator to start her off :)).

King Thurgun
28-08-2007, 08:00
And you should be proud sir. I can't remember the last time i won 4-5 games in a tourney.

As for that Guard player, don't sweat it. He gets to go home knowing that his opponent had more balls for the game than he did!

Er, which of course, is a comment on his lack of balls, and not about your wife in any way... uh...

Oh dear :(

explorator
28-08-2007, 10:18
Getting our wives to play is something we often scheme about. It seems so obvious; here is a person I am with everyday, she is creative and has a good imagination, she tolerates geekiness (at the least) or is a nerd (it happens). Why not recruit her to play my game? Well somehow you did it, and I commend you.

Ravenmaster
28-08-2007, 15:09
Cool to hear. I have a friend that just strted himself, his wife and daughter. Sisters and Nercrons IIRC.

TheSanityAssassin
30-08-2007, 03:08
Congrats to her, and to you both on the bun in the oven. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to play against her. She really should consider starting up Slaaneshi marines (join the pink side, it's fun). There's no better time than when the codex and new models come out (and she has a nice new predator to start her off :)).

Yeah, The baby will be a GT champ some day haha. But yeah, your Emperor's Children honestly went a long way towards convincing her to go that way... (I believe the comment was "holy crap, pink can actually look GOOD!"....

BTW, you should really post some pics up here, your army is gorgeous!

ObiWan
30-08-2007, 03:42
Congratulations! I only got mine to paint, the gaming is not yet in scope

ssgtdude
30-08-2007, 04:22
Congrats. Your wife did a wonderful job. Hope to see more women in the field someday soon. been my experience that women usually do better for some reason.

Lindworm
30-08-2007, 10:47
Our girlfriends and wives I suspect are better tacticians than us, are definitely better painters, and just better at ideas for new factions... If we do encourage them successfully, our winning days are over (mine are already :)/:()

Voltaire
30-08-2007, 12:07
Congratulations to your wife - I wish my better half would get interested in warhammer instead of calling them 'Gold plated Ogre heads' because of the expense involved.

Vanger
30-08-2007, 13:46
Congratulations to you and your wife TheSanityAssassin.

May I ask what army she played, and what armies she played against in this tournament?

Cheers

V

qwertywraith
30-08-2007, 16:21
Yeah, The baby will be a GT champ some day haha. But yeah, your Emperor's Children honestly went a long way towards convincing her to go that way... (I believe the comment was "holy crap, pink can actually look GOOD!"....

BTW, you should really post some pics up here, your army is gorgeous!

Thanks a lot. I'll get some pics up when a friend (who can actually take good pictures) gets the chance. She can always paint her Eldar pink...

TheSanityAssassin
30-08-2007, 16:32
She played a force of my Eldar (and she's actually started to repaint some of them pink haha)....she played against 2 guard, two marines and 1 dark angels (weren't many army choices), though the marine armies were quite different, one being all scouts and bikes with a speeder (that's the one that beat her), one being Footsloggers with heavy weaps (Dark Angels), one with scouts, devs and speeders. The guard had one light infantry cameleoline force, one was....lots of men and a chimaera...that game only lasted a turn and a half though, I'm surprised she didn't strangle the guy, what with being 6 months preggo, with all the irritability that goes along with such things.

She had a unit of Avengers, a unit of scorps, a war walker w/scatters, a vyper with scatter/cannon and 2 shadow weavers in separate batteries

ssgtdude
30-08-2007, 16:35
how did that eldar force fair before the change of command and paint scheme? Sometimes all you need is a shiny pink carapace and a new commanding officer.

Vanger
31-08-2007, 09:46
So she played with your models :) Isn't she planing on starting her own army?

It's interesting that women gravitate to certain armies in 40K... bugs, eldar, sistas, pink spiky marines and dork eldar...