PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking a model!!!! from FW

Deamon-forge
28-08-2007, 16:13
OK so iv done loads of DKoK models and so need some nice fire power for Apoc, but iv got a titan already and will be repainting it to add, but i want a flyer!!! but dont no what one to pick out of the

MARAUDER DESTROYER & the MARAUDER BOMBER

So if any one els have used the model/rules can you say how you got on with them? And whick on would you pick if you had the chance to get one

Will be ordering the model @ the end of the month/begining of October

Cheers
Garry

kaimarion
28-08-2007, 16:17
Screw them buy the Drop pod.
Sorry couldn't resist , am sitting here PMSL sad I know....

Marauder Bomber since it looks cool ;) .

Vaktathi
28-08-2007, 16:53
I like the destroyer personally, its got alot of dakka.

JustTony
28-08-2007, 17:39
The Bomber carries in its internal bomb bay either 12 bombs, each roughly equal to a frag missile or 6 Heavy bombs, similar to a Griffin mortar in effect. These may be upgraded to smart bombs, allowing a scatter reroll. It may also carry 12 more bombs on wing racks. All of these bombs are additional points above the base value of the bomber which is less than any IG superheavy tank. In addition to the bombs, the bomber mounts a turret forward with TL lascannons, a dorsal turret with TL Heavy Bolters that may not be able to fire forward, only up and to the rear (based on the pics I've seen, I've never actually seen a completed model) and a rear facing turret with another set of Heavy Bolters.

The Destroyer replaces the big bomb bay with a smaller one which can only carry 6 bombs (smart upgrade available) and 8 Hellstrike missiles on the wings (these are similar to HK missiles, but use the Ordnance table for Penetrating hits). The nose turret is replaced with 3 TL autocannons in a fixed mount firing forward. The dorsal turret is retained but the rear turret replaces its Heavy Bolters with TL Assualt Cannons.

There are also rules for different versions of bombs and Hellstrike, improved and advanced, both available to each version. Completely loaded the bomber is always the more expensive points wise, and dollar wise they're the same cost. I don't know if the kits include all those bombs and missiles. The pictures on the FW website don't show any additional weapons.

Personally I would take the Destroyer and load up with smart bombs and missiles. Once the munitions are gone the Destroyer is still dangerous (remember Str 7 equals no armor save in Apocolypse) while the Bomber is basically a lascannon platform once the goodies are dropped.

However, you have pay for, build, paint and carry the thing around. Get which one you like best.

Peace; through superior firepower.

a-w-a
28-08-2007, 17:41
I bought a Destroyer over the Bomber version - just for amount of firepower that it can lay down. I wouldn't discount a flight of 3 Vultures though - they are a great gunship.

Light of the Emperor
28-08-2007, 18:36
I'd go with the destroyer too mainly because it has a lot more firepower available once all the bombs and missiles are gone. The front nose bristling with autocannons looks very intimidating as well.

Deamon-forge
01-09-2007, 17:35
Thanks for the replys, out of the two i do like the look of the Destroyer better. So i think that be the one i would buy.

Hulkster
01-09-2007, 19:29
Destroyer easily for JustTony's reason and the fact I think it looks better.

I want one :(

greenmtvince
01-09-2007, 22:35
The Destroyer actually has a slightly longer body (I think maybe by about 3 inches on the tail end and an inch on the nose end) than the standard pattern and that gives it a sleeker overall look. Additionally, the broad twin tail design adds to the aircraft's sense of mass that I think the stubby T-tail of the standard pattern fails to accomplish.

In all they cost the same, have about the same overall effectiveness on the battlefield, the Destroyer is just a nicer looking model. That's what sold me on one anyway.

boltjimmi
02-09-2007, 04:00
Take the destroyer for many reasons but first and foremost it has the word destroy right in the title

Ethan Hunt
02-09-2007, 09:46
I think it depends of what phylosophy of using you will have.
A normal Marauder works good with the CAS(Close Air Support) and Strategic Bombing stuff.
But a Destroyer is more like a Tornado Attack plane, going for the objective no matter the costs, and goes well also for support.
I would choose the destroyer since it looks cooler and dangerous. But i like both.