PDA

View Full Version : Swamp CSM

Ork_Warboss
28-08-2007, 17:21
OK so i got an idea to make swampy CSM (not nurgle) And i want there bases swampy. Anyone know if there something to make stuff look watery. And if its buyable where do i get it? Please and Thank You.;)

The_Patriot
28-08-2007, 17:32
OK so i got an idea to make swampy CSM (not nurgle) And i want there bases swampy. Anyone know if there something to make stuff look watery. And if its buyable where do i get it? Please and Thank You.;)

How about this? (http://www.ziterdes.de/ziterdes/en/produkte/article_detail.php?we_objectID=891764&catID=71&subcatID=82)

Ork_Warboss
28-08-2007, 17:40
hmm pretty good. But any like this thing in a store? Cause I aint too good with online stuff. PaT!

The_Patriot
28-08-2007, 17:44
hmm pretty good. But any like this thing in a store? Cause I aint too good with online stuff. PaT!

You can ask if your local hobby store can order it if they don't have it. Otherwise you can order it online. They also have this (http://www.ziterdes.de/ziterdes/en/produkte/article_detail.php?we_objectID=894828&catID=71&subcatID=82) and it looks pretty good. Check out the detail picture of it.

NallTWD
28-08-2007, 17:54
I use joint compound/spackle on my bases. Paint them and top it of with GW water effects gel. The stuff's pricey, but is worth every penny!

Rioghan Murchadha
28-08-2007, 23:24
I use joint compound/spackle on my bases. Paint them and top it of with GW water effects gel. The stuff's pricey, but is worth every penny!

Gaah!! Don't do that.. GW doesn't even make the stuff themselves.. It's Woodland Scenics product. They just buy it and re-label it, then sell it at something like a 200% markup. Go to any store that sells model railroad terrain, or such things, and you'll find it for less than half the price generally.

It's exactly the same as with the foam cutter they sell. Originally they carried it by its proper name.. "The Wonder Cutter", with a green and white handle. Sold it for something like $15 cdn. Then they decided to make it a 'citadel modelling' product.. The first run, you could still see the wonder cutter handle under the citadel sticker, only they started charging $35 for the same thing.

Ork_Warboss
29-08-2007, 12:41
I think i'll just ask my hobby store thanks :)

:cheese::wtf:

NallTWD
29-08-2007, 12:41
Gaah!! Don't do that.. GW doesn't even make the stuff themselves.. It's Woodland Scenics product. They just buy it and re-label it, then sell it at something like a 200% markup.

Do you believe *everything* you hear? Or just the out there crap? ;)