PDA

View Full Version : Space marine tactical stands

heldane
29-08-2007, 22:24
Hey guys.

Really foolish question here.

Been building my epic models up slowly and I'm a little unsure on my tactical marine build outs.

Currently, i've got each stand ina tactical detachment having a missile launcher.....is this correct?

Cheers

Dan

orangesm
29-08-2007, 23:37
If you want to go purely by the stat line yes, but if you want to have only 1 per 10 that is fine too as long as you can id them as Tactical stands.

MemphisMark
30-08-2007, 01:01
Save some of your ML guys, and put them on every other stand, that way you have enough ML guys to put two per stand and call them devastators.

Hope that helps.

tabletopnews
30-08-2007, 03:55
Ditto. The critical thing is to be able to differentiate between the Tacs and the Devs and if all the Dev stands have two MLs then you don't have a problem.

My Blood Angels army has a mix of single ML Tac and no Ml Tac stands

Bombot
30-08-2007, 07:40
Save some of your ML guys, and put them on every other stand, that way you have enough ML guys to put two per stand and call them devastators.

Hope that helps.

This is what I do too.

Dwarf Supreme
30-08-2007, 16:40
Or you can do it the old-fashioned way: Devastators have one ML and Tacticals have zero MLs.

Wyssy Wyg
03-09-2007, 23:52
Regardless of whether you put one or zero MLs on a tac stand, you still get a ML shot from that unit, right?

(sorry, I'm new to epic, and WYSIWYG dies hard, as you can see by my name :))

Bombot
04-09-2007, 09:05
Yes, you do. I wouldn't get too hung up on WYSIWYG for Epic, unless you want to make little assault cannons for your Terminators :)

(Note - it has been done)

I'm going to spread the heavy weapons around my Chaos Marines stands the same way I do my Loyalist Marines. The distribution of troops in some of the force boxes means it can be better to abandon WYSIWYG if you want to be economical. Anyway, the one heavy weapon per ten men is in line with the Codex Astartes, if not the Epic rules, so it's perfectly justifiable.

Hena
04-09-2007, 18:19
Always remember to read the "Counts As" rules. That gives good pointers on how to view things (p.127 or 6.2.1).

Also I tend to ignore the bit that can't use Tornado as regular Land Speeder. Such things are too fiddly in my opinion.