PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine & Imperial Guard List - 2500pts

Altair
11-09-2007, 00:05
Heres a quick list I drew up each for Imperial Guard and Space Marines using the lists in the armageddan rulebook.

Aimed for 2500pts playable army each with cheap money options in mind too, tho that could be changed.

Codex Astartes Marines 2500pts

4 Terminators units
-supreme commander (captain or chaplain)
-425pts

6 Tactical units
-1 whirlwind hunter, librarian
-425pts

6 Tactical units
-1 whirlwind hunter, librarian
-425pts

4 Assasult units
-175pts

4 Land Raiders
-400pts

1 Reaver Titan
-650pts

(yes the titan is a bit much but both the GW and FW reavers are very cool)
Guard list in post below

Altair
11-09-2007, 00:07
Steel Legion Imperial Guard 2500pts

Regimental HQ
-7 chimeras, 1 hydra flak
-550pts

Infantry Company
-1 hydra flak
-300pts

Infantry Company
-1 hydra flak
-300pts

Super-heavy Tank Company
-3 baneblades or shadowswords???
-500pts

Sentinel Squadron: 100pts
Sentinel Squadron: 100pts

Artillary Company
-650pts

So thoughts on the two lists? Moblie enough and with sufficeint anti-titan/ anti-aircraft coverage?
Thoughts and ideas to improve welcome.

Final note all the space marines would be bought from GW online, whereas for the Guard the Super-heavy tanks, Chimeras, Hydras and Basilisks would all be forgeworld stock.

Of course all this is just hypothetical at the moment, but there is no way I can afford enough 40K stuff for apocolypse so a change of game is needed :D

Chaos and Evil
11-09-2007, 07:11
Space Marine list:

- Remove the Land Raiders (They're not worth their points as a full formation of 4).

- Replace them with a Thunderhawk gunship, and a second Assault Marine formation (You get two formations in a box anyway I think). Load both formations into the Thunderhawk for an awesome air-assault.

- Spend the final 25pts on a Razorback.

- Choose a chaplain for the Terminators.

- Drop the second librarian, and replace the first with a Supreme Commander (Maybe).

Chaos and Evil
11-09-2007, 07:17
IG list:

- Go with shadowswords.

- I prefer Manticores in artillery companies, while others prefer Basilisks... your thoughts?

- Attach Hydras to the artillery company and the super-heavy company instead of the infantry companies (Otherwise you're putting a single tank-type target in an infantry formation, and it'll be very easy to snipe).

- I would possibly drop the artillery company altogether, and replace it with an artillery battery, thus freeing up points for cool stuff like Hellhounds for the Infantry Companies to give them some extra punch (Hellhounds aren't made by FW I know, but you could convert your own from FW Chimera hulls?).

Hena
11-09-2007, 18:39
For marines. I would change the Supreme to one of the Tacticals and put a chaplain to Terminators. They tend to teleport into assault range (close enough for close combat) and Chaplain is best in that situation.

Land Raiders are a bit off costwise. They aren't useless, but are rather expensive for their use.

For anti air. I would think that Marines (and Guard also) could use a pair of Thunderbolts. However the air rules are tad different, so first games shouldn't use them.

For IG. The arty company is expensive. And when air rules are taken (and Marines get Thunderhawk) you will notice just exactly how vulnerable it is. For super heavy tanks, buy both and test both :D.

In general the lists are probably a bit better on IG side. Not much but as marines lack anything that can hit the arty company easily it will punish the marines. My personal opinion is go ahead with them and try out some games. You will then notice which things you like and which you don't. And after playing you will have better idea on how to build a list that suits you and your playing style :).

Altair
11-09-2007, 22:14
Thanks for the suggestions guys, will take them into account with new list drafts.

- Go with shadowswords.

- I prefer Manticores in artillery companies, while others prefer Basilisks... your thoughts?

Think I'll go with the shadowswords and manticores for the artillary company (Liking the look of the FW manticores over the basilisks)