PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Bolt Thrower on Advanced Order...

Sir_Glonojad
12-04-2005, 12:03
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120210006&orignav=13

Twelve pounds for a single model.
I guess I can safely say "I've told You so!" ;)

And where are all those who said that it will "surely" be "cheaper" than the metal
version? ;)

PS: I think it is my first post on Portent Reborn so... greetings again!

boogle
12-04-2005, 12:09
well, it makes the Batallion a much better deal doesn't it?

Sir_Glonojad
12-04-2005, 12:16
Well, with the Standard Regiment Price going up tp 18 pounds, the Batallions were a good deal anyway. I think GW may have a fear that the RBT will not sell that way since most people who wanted them got them already... or maybe they just want to sell off all the current, 10 metal ones ;).
Oh, so perhaps that's why Pegasus Knights cost more than Knights of the Realm in the UK, whereas in Poland they cost exactly the same? ;) (truth to be said, the are more expensive in the US store, too...).

Avian
12-04-2005, 13:59
I'm not surprised that they used the opportunity to increase the price, though to be honest on a "points per pound" basis it's still not as unreasonable as some of the other sets.

Kul
12-04-2005, 14:01
hmm..
They are about as expensive, but are easier to convert, and look better :P

Imbroglio
12-04-2005, 18:15
They are lovely mind... 12 is very expensive... but they are lovely...

-- Imbroglio

Sir_Glonojad
14-04-2005, 10:49
The link to the sprue:
http://www.games-workshop.de/picture.php?show=/warhammerworld/warhammer/lustria/artikel/vorschau/bilder/HE_sprue_b.jpg

(Thanks Sylass @ Rumour roundup ;) ).

Now, it seems there are two sizes of bolts - small ones (used for mulitple shots) and large ones (used for single shots). I wonder, however, why that standing "bolt magazine" contains large bolts onlym and there are so few small ones ;)

@Avian: Well, they're more reasonable than men-at-arms ptsperŁ, to be sure ;)

BullBuchanan
14-04-2005, 21:30
so a plastic bot thrower costs more than a metal one? unbelievable......

Commanderxenos
14-04-2005, 23:15
Its more expensive because they they say it has more options so they have to charge more! When trully it would be cheaper to make, so they should put the price down.

BullBuchanan
14-04-2005, 23:19
Lmao, I guess we don't understand the rising prices in plastic resin these days.....**********.....

Sgt John Keel
15-04-2005, 15:47
Its more expensive because they they say it has more options so they have to charge more! When trully it would be cheaper to make, so they should put the price down.

No, it's more expensive because of the price band H moving from 10 to 12. Technically, it costs the same as the metal one. The Dark Elf RBT is priced 12 too, you know.

But still, I prefer the metal version and nothing is stopping me from buying those instead.

/Adrian

Major Defense
15-04-2005, 19:06
/waits for the bolt stand and armor pile to appear on eBay seperately.....

BullBuchanan
15-04-2005, 20:26
I'd like to see a report detailing the profit margin on a plastic bolt thrower....i bet its astronomical

Sir_Glonojad
16-04-2005, 08:28
Oh well, I guess there's no point in waiting for a Dark Elf plastic one, too.
Unless the current model has some serious construction/moulding problems, akin to Trebuchet or Cold One Chariot (large models that I have purchased releatively recently).

adreal
16-04-2005, 08:42
i dont think the plastic BT is that expensive, i mean how many are high elf players going to get? max 4, even if they play seaguard list, they wont be getting that many so making them cheaper GW would loose money, and considering most high elf players already have them, they wont seel all that many

BullBuchanan
16-04-2005, 20:43
i dont think the plastic BT is that expensive, i mean how many are high elf players going to get? max 4, even if they play seaguard list, they wont be getting that many so making them cheaper GW would loose money, and considering most high elf players already have them, they wont seel all that many
oh god....

Sgt John Keel
16-04-2005, 23:23
And then there was me planning to get six of the old ones before we get this. In your face GW!

Seriously, anyone who collects an undefined amount of points for the HE will buy many more than four. It's only those players who buy 2000 pts and then move to another army that won't buy that many Bolt Throwers.

/Adrian

EagLes610
16-04-2005, 23:50
I'm going to GW on tuesday and buying a Metal one. One metal and one plastic = instant win.

Sgt John Keel
16-04-2005, 23:56
I'm going to GW on tuesday and buying a Metal one. One metal and one plastic = instant win.

No. 6 metal and no plastic = teh win. But it's still better than the old metal. But they shouldn't look that different to each other in any case. Now I'll just shut up.

/Adrian

EagLes610
17-04-2005, 00:30
No. 6 metal and no plastic = teh win. But it's still better than the old metal. But they shouldn't look that different to each other in any case. Now I'll just shut up.

/Adrian

I dunno man, the new ones look really nice. A lot of extra stuff. Don't get me wrong though, the old ones kick ass. I have one in a pack laying around here somewhere.

EagLes610
17-04-2005, 00:44
But I really won't be happy with the HEs until GW gives them a Ellyrian Reaver boxed set.

Sgt John Keel
17-04-2005, 00:46
But I really won't be happy with the HEs until GW gives them a Ellyrian Reaver boxed set.
Hah! They'll just price you the same for it. Instead, convert some Glade Riders.

/Adrian

EagLes610
17-04-2005, 00:59
Eh, if it was a boxed set it wouldn't cost 80 smackers to get a group of 8. I hope.

Sgt John Keel
17-04-2005, 01:15
Eh, if it was a boxed set it wouldn't cost 80 smackers to get a group of 8. I hope.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

/Adrian

Darius Rhiannon
17-04-2005, 06:15
I am also planning on fleshing out my Shadow Warriors (I have 15) and my Reavers (I have 10) with some models from the new WE range. Hmm Plastic Archers, Silver Helms, Plastic Shadow Warriors (WE) and Plastic Reavers (WE)... Looking good.

Since I am in the habit of buying out HE players who quite the hobby I have a lot of redundancy. Since I have 10 Bolt Throwers (6 6th Ed & 4 5th Ed) I do not plan on buying the new ones althought the accessories would be nice. Especially for use as "fillers" to magically transform a unit of 14 into a unit of 20. They would also be good for Diorama's.

PS to give you an idea of how large my army is, I will be playing a 5000pts battle today and I am taking less than half my army with me...

Sgt John Keel
17-04-2005, 16:35
PS to give you an idea of how large my army is, I will be playing a 5000pts battle today and I am taking less than half my army with me...

But then it is possible to fill almost half the army with characters. I'm only at about 3500 so far. :(

/Adrian

Ten No Ryu
22-04-2005, 01:46
I fit into the "2000 points then move on" category. I have enough bits to put 4 RBTs together, and my current cavalry force doesn't use them at all. They exist just in case I want a more mixed force, or use them in another army for something.

I'm capping my HE force at 2k because I'm gonna focus on the WE list once the models start proliferating online ^_^

Sir_Glonojad
22-04-2005, 07:35

I wouldn't worry. Although we could expect such a price from a plastic Bolt Thrower (I, for one, expected it basing on previous examples of plastic war machine prices), all the plastic cavlary that has come was 8 to a box (or even 10 in the case of Goblins). Even if they do reduce the amount to 6 (as should happen with Chaos Knights, btw), the unit's price will still be greatly competetive to the metal unit's price.

Not to mention a chance for non-mule Elven Steed :)