PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good pics of peoples' minis...

Hellebore
13-10-2007, 03:22
I posted this in the modelling forum and didn't really generate much interest (thanks to Fred and Starlight for the support though), so I thought I post it here instead.

I'm writing my own datasheets for 40k Apocalypse (at the moment I'm finishing the eldar ones) and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to lend me photos of their models to put in them.

At the moment I need photos of the following:

Revenant titan
Warlock titan
Phantom titan
Scorpion (preferrably mkII but I'm not picky :angel:)
Cobra
Storm Serpent
Phoenix
Vampire raider
Vampire Hunter

Now these can be of either EPIC or FW 40K models, but basically the resolution needs to be fairly good as they will be sitting in the middle of an A4 page just like the Apocalypse datasheets.

I will of course credit the source of the photo (and put any website/photo account address you'd like on it) and eventually have them for download.

I can't really use GW's photos and I don't personally have all the above models (and the ones I do have aren't painted) and I think it would be great to showcase everyone's models.

If your model comes from an army with background etc, then I'll put that in the datasheet (ie just like the ones in the book - "Dhu'ra Ghelemon Enfaolchu
(Cloudstrike Falcons) Saim-Hann Craftworld The Cleansing of Vaul's Blade).

Any takers?

Hellebore

Patriarch
13-10-2007, 12:46
Hellebore

Are these any use?

I have some of the others (Eldar SHTs) but painting isn't complete.

mistformsquirrel
13-10-2007, 12:52
Wow... I love the way you painted that titan <O.O>;

*sorry* Rarely does a model of Epic scale actually make me sit up and take notice <@,@>

Patriarch
13-10-2007, 13:08
Thanks MFS! I try to get some little guys onto the larger models' bases to emphasise scale. One day I will get round to the Phantoms...

Pic with better lighting attached.

Hellebore
13-10-2007, 13:21
Thanks patriarch, those are great. I'll second Mistformsquirrel's assertation, nice titan.

Is there anything special about the background for these, unique stuff you've written or your own craftworld?

Thanks for the help.

PS: How did you want it credited?

Hellebore

Patriarch
13-10-2007, 13:32
Cheers Hellebore!

No special background I'm afraid, these are just regular Biel-Tan units.

If you aren't in a hurry I've got cobras and a storm serpent I should complete over the weekend (children permitting) which might narrow your list a bit.

Thanks for offering to credit, either Patriarch or Jonathan Brown, whichever fits the best!

Hellebore
15-10-2007, 00:30
Cool.

I'll put together an example of my datasheets with your pics and post it up soon. How does Jonathan Brown (Patriarch) sound?

Cheers again for the pics.

Hellebore

Patriarch
15-10-2007, 11:54
Brilliant stuff Hellebore!:p

As suspected I didn't finish the SHTs as Real Life(tm) came up...Would Wednesday evening do? Nice to have a deadline for once, I've had these minis over a year!

I've not taken photos of minis before, it's scary how much you spot in high res. All those minis need a bit of tidying up, if I fit that in I'll re-post pics.

Hellebore
15-10-2007, 13:28
Hi Patriarch.

Here is the finished pdf for the 40k Apocalypse FANsheet of the Scorpion you painted:

Hellebore

Patriarch
15-10-2007, 17:34
That is completely awesome!! :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Thanks Hellebore!

I have got to finish these minis!

Patriarch
18-10-2007, 00:07
OK, here are the SHTs which have been tidied up a bit:

Scorpion
Cobra
Storm Serpent

Hellebore
18-10-2007, 01:09
Cheers Patriarch. :cool:

Hellebore

Hellebore
20-10-2007, 10:12
Do you have any warlock or phantom titans? Or any aircraft?

Your paintjob turns out really well in those pics.

If you go to this link:
http://warseer.com/forums/rules-development-forum/102399-design-an-apocalypse-single-model-datasheet-19.html

You'll find updated cobra, scorpion and storm serpent sheets with your pics.

Hellebore

Patriarch
20-10-2007, 19:09
Absolutely fantastic work Hellebore!

I do have all those models, but they are not even assembled, much less painted (I stripped my previous Phantom titans).

What sort of timescales are you looking for? Couple of weeks, or do they have to be done faster?

Hellebore
20-10-2007, 23:02
There is no hurry really, I just like to have a picture of the model with its stats.

I've got drawings of the phantom I'm building for 40k, so I can put those in until I get a photo of a model.

Hellebore

Patriarch
21-10-2007, 09:02
Good stuff HB, I guess I know which modelling projects I've got next!

Patriarch
26-10-2007, 10:14
Ok, that's a Phantom, Warlock, Vampire, Phoenix and Nightwing assembled & undercoated.

Painted photos to follow as they're done...

Hellebore
26-10-2007, 10:59
Hey Patriarch. Don't rush on my account.

Charad has given me permission to use pics of his models, so I've got a Phantom and a Warlock.

Aircraft would still be very welcome though.

Cheers,

Hellebore

Patriarch
27-10-2007, 14:37
No worries, at least it has given me a good reason to get the titans done! If you wanted to keep the datasheets all themed you could always switch back to "green eldar" ;), so I'll stick 'em here anyway...

Patriarch
05-11-2007, 23:15
Okay, as promised here we are...hope some of these are of use.

First up, the very optional Titans.

Patriarch
05-11-2007, 23:18
And finally...Eldar aircraft.

Hellebore
06-11-2007, 07:22
Cheers Patriarch these are great.

Looks like you've got a sizeable force for EPIC getting together - I really love the guardians under the Phantom, really gives an impression of scale.

Hellebore

Patriarch
07-11-2007, 11:20
Thanks Hellebore. It's scary how many things you see wrong in a close-up photo that don't show up to the eye...:eek:

I might celebrate when I have finished the lot and post some army shots on Warseer. I had already completed the infantry and tanks. A couple of guardian/jetbike formations plus aerospace support and I'm done on this one.

Hellebore
08-11-2007, 00:58
The drybrushing on the titan does look a little rough in some places, but over all it looks fine.

Can't wait to see the whole army up in a pic.

Hellebore

Patriarch
08-11-2007, 18:38
Yep, the rough effect is sort of deliberate - I see the "wraithbone" as literally like unpolished bone, on objects this large I don't think the Eldar would paint or smooth it down. On the minis themselves (rather than the photos, which are rather stark in order to get decent lighting) the effect is rather etherial.

I've neatened up the titans in particular since taking the shots; and the Revenants have had the "gemstones" painted so they don't look quite so stark.

Anyway, hope some of the photos are of use!

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 00:03
You can see the finished product here (http://www.nationaldinosaurmuseum.com.au/warhammer.htm).

Thanks for all the pictures.

If anyone has photos of Imperial titans and vehicles, I would very much like them to put in the next chapter of the above book.

Hellebore