PDA

View Full Version : all termie chaos army

nurgle_boy
13-04-2005, 18:42
ok, ive been thinking, in the new black gobbo, it showed chaos termie conversions, of which some were rather cool. so, would you think it viable if i were to make myself an all termie chaos army using deathwing rules, changing the names of the wargear, and not taking assault cannons. id write up some fluff (meo... SPLAT!) to show their hatred for the fallen angels.
they wouldnt be full blown chaos, but sort of newly turned traitors.

so, whaddayathink?

Melchor
13-04-2005, 18:52
Sounds cool! Go for it! They could be Abaddon's Chosen or something like that (just don't include Abby himself).

And why wouldn't you take assault cannons? Just model them differently (suped-up reaper autocannons perhaps?) and use the assaultcannon rules. As long as you're consistent, nobody can blame you!

You can easily include all the wargear in the DA codex, a Sword of Secrets becomes a Daemon Sword, the Lion Helm becomes a guardian daemon and stuff like that.

As for the 'Hunting the Fallen' special rule, just rename that one too. Maybe your guys are on a mission to retrieve some artifact Abby wants his? The enemy officers might have information on where it is?
The Blood Fued with the Space Wolves can also be explained if you want to.

Go for it mate! I might steal this though... :D Awesome idea.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
13-04-2005, 18:52
I wouldnt have a problem with it, but why not make them some of the fallen and have them searching for the real dark angels

Puffin Magician
13-04-2005, 19:05
It would be harder [than Loyal 1st Company armies] to do just because of the special rules and weapons. Since you'll be using Chaos models there'll be no problem making the army look proper, just be creative when making Assault Cannons [pair of Reapers?] and Cyclones [Havoc Launcher?]. Likewise, Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields and Lightning Claws should all be "Chaosy", try to keep them visually seperate from their Imperial counterparts by making them simply look much older [and evil].

An alternative would be [since being led by Abaddon] that the weapons have been scavenged from fallen Imperial Terminators and attached to Chaos armour. Afterall, Chaos used to be able to have Imperial wargear for 150% the cost, including Cyclone Missile Launchers [<3 2nd Edition]. Just don't take any Land Raider Crusaders or Drop Pods.

Hunt the Fallen and Stubborn will need some pretty convincing background to support their inclusion in the list.

For fun games I wouldn't mind you fielding Abaddon instead of a Grand Master, but others might not be so open.

Seer Spankwell
13-04-2005, 19:05
Sounds cool. would be interesting to see in battle. Would you use the CSM termies, or convert the new normal ones, or a mix?

nurgle_boy
13-04-2005, 19:15
id convert the normal ones with my 'creative-ness'

Hortwerth
13-04-2005, 22:58
On the current rules for the Dark Angels a Chaos list with mostly Chosen in Terminator Armour and 2 units of Daemons shall fare better.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
13-04-2005, 23:28
ooooh that is a good idea....funny that no one thought of it.

Kommissar Wulf
13-04-2005, 23:36
On the current rules for the Dark Angels a Chaos list with mostly Chosen in Terminator Armour and 2 units of Daemons shall fare better.

It's more difficult to pull off though, as you can only get 3 Chosen squads onto the field, 2 as retinues no less. I've got the majority of the models to do my Nurgly version of that last though. I think there's something wrong with me for having over 21 unused Chaos Terminators for just such a crazy project. Just need to order the various bits, and finish my other armies... :rolleyes:

Lord Humongous
14-04-2005, 00:26
I think that a terminator heavy chaos army with deamons as troops would play very differently from deathwing. Not that its a bad thing, just different.
A World Eater list set up that way would just be plain out comical... though deadly if it deepstrikes well!

grizzly ruin
14-04-2005, 09:01
It's more difficult to pull off though, as you can only get 3 Chosen squads onto the field, 2 as retinues no less. I've got the majority of the models to do my Nurgly version of that last though. I think there's something wrong with me for having over 21 unused Chaos Terminators for just such a crazy project. Just need to order the various bits, and finish my other armies... :rolleyes:

While that's true, at 2000 points you can only get 20 terminators anyway, so it would probably not be that bad of an idea to keep them in 3 squads anyway.

Warning: what follows is mostly silly, and is inteded as a Chaos Fanatic's pipe dream.

1 Squad of 7 + Lt.
1 Squad of 7 + Lt.
1 Squad of 6 {AC (s?) included}

20 chosen terminators, with the full allotment of reaper autocannons (6) works out to almost 850 points. Let's say another 150 points in upgrades (AC's plus their gear, maybe some vet skills). 2 cheap Lt's in terminator armor (keep to about 100 points each). Shoot for around 1200 points.

2 minimum sized troop squads (with ACs?), about 150~200 depending on if you take ACs and how they are equipped.

Leaving around 600 points for Heavy Support. :D

Maybe a predator, a dread and a land raider? (could drop one of the Lt units down to 4 men plus the LT and beef the other units up to 8 and 9 men strong)

Not sure how viable a force that would be, might be fun to try though if you're rich or already have the terminators.

It's probably a lot better to be set up like deathwing, and put terminators into smaller squads.

Kommissar Wulf
14-04-2005, 14:15
I know there's limits on what can be taken in 2000pts. I paid close attention to it in fact when I was putting together my Plaguewing list, which I rather unfortunatly lost when my Pc decided to die on me. It was roughly:

Lord, 6 Chosen, all Terminators [Tankhunters plus other gubbins]
Lieutenant, 6 Chosen, all Terminators [Tankhunter plus other gubbins]
7 Chosen, all Terminators [Tankhunters plus other gubbins]
7 Plague Bearers
7 Plague Bearers

I play Death Guard, so I'm getting free Aspiring Champions, but I get shafted by Anti-armour, so I didn't bother with getting anything but Terminators and Deamons. I have the majority of the bits I need to do the army up, but other things are taking priority (to give me a break from paint more Death Guard).

That army, when you can figure out the gubbins, came to 1500pts, which is a standard Tournament size. At 2000pts I'd add in some Dreads because I like Dreads... Dunno how the army would fare though...

Drong
14-04-2005, 16:06
I'm soo going to steal this idea, it will go perfectly with my totally modded chaos dread :)