PDA

View Full Version : First ever/greatest mordheim Orc list!

killstreak
04-12-2007, 19:30
Orc boss
-club
-dagger
-X bow

bigun
-X bow
-dagger

bigun
-X bow
-dagger

Shaman
-X bow
-dagger

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

Orc Boy
-dagger
-club

what do you think?

Etienne de Beaugard
05-12-2007, 02:48
Boring but effective.

Senbei
18-12-2007, 18:05
Mordheim suffers from having an Orc list that doesn't allow goblin heroes... A gobber warband would rawk.

BigRob
19-12-2007, 06:52
Excellent Horde tactics as befitting the orcs but dont expect any excitment from your opponents.

Its a solid list, you've got all your heroes to form a firebase and plenty of ladz to give the enemy a kicking. After a couple of games you'll have enough cash to buy everyone a second club/axe/sword and a sprinkling of helmets and lucky charms for the heroes.

Who needs goblins and squigs, not gaining XP is a real drag in Mordhiem and the squigs certainly would do alot of damage. Goblins tend to be cheap meatshields or troll snacks plus are out of place in what is obviously a 'Ard Boyz list. That siad get the Troll ASAP, he never dies and is rather good compared to the other big guys out there (ogre/rat Ogre etc).

Even my marienburgers would think twice seeing that lot comming at me. Just remember to play with the proper amount of terrain, otherwise its a shooting gallery!

Good Luck

Col. Dash
05-02-2008, 02:22
I love my gobbos. I use them as meatshields and a skimish line with a small group as bowmen. Tends to keep my orc losses at a minimum and gobbos, if they do die which really doesnt happen much, are cheap to replace. You cant beat 25 gold spearmen with shields, I had two stand toe to toe with CoC strongmen and take one out even over several rounds. Gotta love failed animosity rolls with twin 6s.
Your list is quite boring, add some gobbos, they are fun too.

ChaosTicket
05-02-2008, 04:49
Yes 2 Goblins to every Orc is very good at the start. Goblins costs half as much for half effectiveness, as at the start Morale and numbers are more important. Later orcs become much better, especially against fear causing enemies.

Basic starting group, boring, but once you get more money and better options then it will be better, like having Arrer Boyz and a Troll.

The troll is the toughest and tide with the rat ogre as strongest. The fact that it is a mercenary and always suffers from stupidity makes it more of a deterent than anything.

Actually I forgot something. Goblins are actually bad to start. You need plenty of orc boyz at the start to make heroes. Later Goblins become good to fill your numbers, and gradually Feed them to the Troll, figuratively and literally as you get a troll and more orcs boyz and end up with 19 orcs and 1 troll.