PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Epic List...

ChrisAsmadi
31-01-2008, 00:27
Imperial Guard Armoured Brigade

Tank Company: 650pts
-9 Russes, 1 Vanquisher
Support: Artillery Battery: 250pts
-3 Basilisks
Support: Hellhound Squadron: 150pts
-3 Hellhounds
Company Upgrade: Tank Squadron
-3 Leman Russ Demolishers

Super Heavy Company: 500pts
-2 Baneblades, 1 Stormsword
Support: Flak Battery: 150pts
-4 Hydras
Support: Sentinel Squadron: 100pts
-4 Sentinels

Total: 2000pts.

Also, I have a few questions about Epic...

1) Is there any actual need for Orders dice?
2) Are there any efficient ways of making blast counters (a link to a tutorial would be great)?
3) Is a Tank Brigade even viable?

Cheers in advance, warseer.

tabletopnews
31-01-2008, 00:57
1) No need for them at all. Handy for marking things like moving, overwatch and being broken
2) Red glass beads work well
3) Yes. I always add infantry anyway

Patriarch
31-01-2008, 11:13
Welcome to Epic!

1) No, as above. In E:A you don't plan orders for all of your formations at the start of the turn (like in previous editions). It is useful to know which formations have already had actions, and some actions (like marching) can affect things (e.g. crossfire, flak, supporting fire) later on in the turn.

2) I'm going to experiment with wire wool (scouring pad material) mounted on coins in the shape of explosions, sprayed black with yellow/red at the bottom. Another is to use cotton wool balls instead of wire wool. I'll post the results when I've tried it out!

3) I'm making 2 tank companies for my new army. I gather they are average to good for the points, and more effective than Baneblades. Leman Russ have lots of firepower and RA, and good FF to support engagements.

Chaos and Evil
31-01-2008, 11:33
Tank Company: 650pts
-9 Russes, 1 Vanquisher

These are awesome.

Support: Artillery Battery: 250pts
-3 Basilisks

A good support choice.

Support: Hellhound Squadron: 150pts
-3 Hellhounds

Note that hellhounds can only be taken as Upgrades, not support formations.

Company Upgrade: Tank Squadron
-3 Leman Russ Demolishers

9 Leman Russ, 3 Demolishers, 1 Vanquisher, 3 Hellhounds... that's one hell of an armoured formation!

Super Heavy Company: 500pts
-2 Baneblades, 1 Stormsword

Stormswords complement Baneblades well.

Support: Flak Battery: 150pts
-4 Hydras

I think you mean 3 Hydras.

Support: Sentinel Squadron: 100pts
-4 Sentinels

Sentinels are great.

I think the only problem with your list is a lack of infantry, and a tendancy towards single large formations (So you'll be able to take a few areas of terrain really well, but capturing disparate areas of the battlefield will be tough).

Your formations are also largely quite slow...

I'd consider taking at least one mechanized infantry company in Chimeras as you move towards 3000pts (The standard game size).

Markconz
31-01-2008, 19:59
On blast markers see here:
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=11397;hl=blast+markers

Patriarch
31-01-2008, 21:57
On blast markers see here:
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=11397;hl=blast+markers

Then it's you I'm copying from MC! Thanks ;)

mark_logue
01-02-2008, 23:40
These are just made from cotton wool glued onto washers!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngustheUnruled/Epicblastmarkers.jpg
The wool is glued onto a patch of super glue then shaped into a flame with watered down PVA (otherwise known as white glue or wood glue). Once the have been sprayed with primer to undercoat they are really strong and durable and they are really well weighted to land the proper way up with you need to give them a little throw to units over on the other side of the table.