PDA

View Full Version : New to Epic

Hulkster
15-02-2008, 15:27
Hello

I have just recently tried to get into epic, I have bought a load of stuff off someone and included a lot of older models.

I have downloaded all the rules but I still have some questions.

I was wondering if there are any rules for the Imperator Titan, Mega Gargants, Leviathan and The strange mole like machines?

One is really big and I think it is called a Hellbore, the other looks like its smaller brother (much smaller).

Another question I have, what are some good bys regarding IG stuff? The stuff I got from this guy is really old and the IG box set with it has imperial beastmen (blast from the past)

Thanks in advance.

Dwarf Supreme
15-02-2008, 16:41
Welcome to E:A, Hulkster. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

There are stats for the Imperator and Mega-Gargant, but they appear in the Collector's section of the printed rulebook. I don't believe this is available on line. The Collector's section may also have stats for the Leviathan, Hellbore and Mole, but I don't remember and I don't have my copy of the rulebook with me.

Hulkster
15-02-2008, 18:09
Dammit, I was hoping to not have to resort to paying 25 for the book

but it looks like i will have to

what about my second question?

Chaos and Evil
15-02-2008, 18:39
The stats you are looking for are found in the collector's section yeah. :(

Hulkster
15-02-2008, 20:22
Another question, are the old bases still legal?

Any answer to me second question as well?

Hena
15-02-2008, 20:28
The rules about base size is in the beginning of the rulebook (section 1.1 or something). Old bases as well as new ones fit into that rule.

For IG, it depends heavily on what type of army you want to play. Certainly Shadowswords, Leman Russes as well as Regimental HQ are very usable forces. There is almost no bad choice in the list in section 6 so, find your style of play and make army around it.

Hulkster
15-02-2008, 20:41
thanks Hena

i am glad I can use the old bases, I worked out that if I replace the bases on just the SM infantry I have, it would cost me 92

Time to sort out my SM army then :D

Patriarch
16-02-2008, 08:50
The rules for the Imperator, tunnellers etc are in the printed book, but they don't come witn any points cost. They are included for your own scenarios etc rather than competitive games.

I'd see them as a springboard to your own house rules.

BTW, when you do get the printed rulebook, the stats for the Imperator are wrong (they carried some over from the Warhound). The correct stats are listed in the errata you can download from the SG site.

Good to see someone else is sticking with square bases!

Irisado
16-02-2008, 12:22
Good to see someone else is sticking with square bases!

I'm not going to be rebasing all my old troops either.

The only way I'll use any of the new bases is if I ever decide I need to buy any more infantry for my Eldar or Choas armies to supplement that which I already have from my old Space Marine range.

tabletopnews
16-02-2008, 18:46
The square bases are good for keeping different detachments or troop types visually distinct. I may be using them as well for my Traitor Guard army so I can have them fight my Imperial Guard without mixing infantry units up in assaults..

Hulkster
16-02-2008, 19:33
I am trying to get hold of a cheap rulebook, but in the meantime does anyone have any house point values for the Hellbore, Mole, Leviathan and Imperator Titan?

I don't want the rules, just the point values you guys might use.

Thanks for all the info so far it has been a big help

@Patriarch, thanks for the heads up about the rules for the Imperator

Chaos and Evil
16-02-2008, 21:34
Imperators are normally played at 1600pts.

Hulkster
16-02-2008, 22:00
Thanks Chaos and Evil.

Anyone have any info about the others?

Dwarf Supreme
18-02-2008, 16:39
I think the point value for the Mega-Gargant is 1200.

machine_recovered_meat
19-02-2008, 15:03
The small tunnellers are Termites I think.
The larger ones are definitely moles :)

CyberShadow
20-02-2008, 09:53
There were three flavours of tunneller:

Hellbore - War Engine, Capital Imperialis sized, with plastic track sections
Mole - almost the size of a GW Baneblade, larger than a Land Raider
Termite - around Rhino sized

primarch
21-02-2008, 01:22
Hi!

Hulkster, if you're interested in support for all those old models Netepic (fan supported version of SM2/TL) contains rules for all the old stuff as well as all the newer models.

You can download it here:http://www.netepic.org/epicentre-downloads

A newer updated version is available for netepic yahoo group members here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/netepic/files/Net%20Epic%205/

Primarch