PDA

View Full Version : Imperator Titan

Deamon-forge
15-02-2008, 17:21
Ok i am new to Epic,
I really like the Imperator Titan could any one give me some meserments??

i would like to no the
height, the size of the building thing on its back, how wide, and size of the feet if any one could help me out that be great

I am wanting to scratch build one!!!!!

thanks

Patriarch
16-02-2008, 09:06
Ok i am new to Epic,
I really like the Imperator Titan could any one give me some meserments??

i would like to no the
height, the size of the building thing on its back, how wide, and size of the feet if any one could help me out that be great

I am wanting to scratch build one!!!!!

thanks

Ground to knee 37mm
Ground to waist 50mm
Ground to eye - 67mm
Ground to platform 78mm
Ground to rear spires 130mm
Central dome 27cm
Front spires 45mm, rear spires 52mm
Defence laser tower 38mm not including DL.
Platform is 60mm wide at front (not including turrets)
45mm wide at back (not inc turrets)
50mm front to back
Waist 20mm, Shoulders 32mm. Hips 45mm.

Happy building!
Feet 27mm diameter plus "toes" which add 7-8mm each
Plasma annihilator 53mm, Hellstorm 48mm
Head 18mm crest to jaw, 8mm wide at eye level.

Deamon-forge
16-02-2008, 09:07
Woow thanks for all that,

Garry

dancingmonkey
05-03-2008, 12:31
just to add a little thought to this. (If you haven't started)

In some of the art (John Blanch stuff) you can clearly see marines/guard pouring out of the feet arches (down near the toe/step bits) Yet the epic modle is not scaled to the infantry to allow for this. Maybe scale up ever so slightly to allow for men to "thoeretically" come out of the feet. (I think its where the tech guard used to liv back in the days of SM/Adaptus Titanicus.

Good luck with the build, link us some phtos.

tabletopnews
05-03-2008, 16:58
Titans in the fluff and some of the art are a factor larger than they are in the game.

Blanche also seems to follow the magical realism school so his idea of "scale" isn't the same as a game designers :-)

dancingmonkey
06-03-2008, 08:22
tis true sir! But I still love the image of loads of tiny men coming out of the titan's feet to defend the machine...

I love Mr Blnahe's art too, so i'm willing to forgive him any slight discrepancies.

Re the scale, how do the 4+ crew fit in the heads? All titans are a little on the small side, but if your scratchbuilding, maybe its the best time to address this matter.

:) Have fun...

Deamon-forge
06-03-2008, 09:02
I will be making it a little bigger so i can add troops to the feet, all iv done sofar are plans...

Patriarch
06-03-2008, 11:22
tis true sir! But I still love the image of loads of tiny men coming out of the titan's feet to defend the machine...

I love Mr Blnahe's art too, so i'm willing to forgive him any slight discrepancies.

Re the scale, how do the 4+ crew fit in the heads? All titans are a little on the small side, but if your scratchbuilding, maybe its the best time to address this matter.

:) Have fun...

I'm going to base my Imperator with little tech-guard pouring out of the legs for a sense of scale...

Plenty of room in the Imperator's head. Looks like it could fit two floors. You'd be a bit pushed for space in the Warlord's head, but the crew would be used to it. I'd imagine they'd be immersed in a kind of VR environment anyway.

I dunno if GW changed the fluff (Warlords used to have 1 princeps to command/move the Titan, and 1 moderatus per weapon) but Imperators are supposed to have a crew of dozens plus, though this includes the main deck as well. I don't know how many psykers are supposed to man the "temple" bit for the psychic shield.

JB's art has really grown on me over the years. I first thought it too messy for my taste, but he's deliberately not going for realism, he's trying to evoke the "feel" of the subject. This only really shows up well when they are displayed in full colour.

dancingmonkey
07-03-2008, 09:39
people are too quick to mock JB's art.

Yes he is messy, but thats a big part of the appeal for me. I love the freedom and self belief that is evident in his art, something I could never achieve during my art degree. Yes he has his detractors, but personally, I quite like a limited palette of red/brown/black/white. Forces an artist to make choices...

I have a signed print of his SM from the 4th ed book on my walls and I love it so much...

Anyway back on topic, any chance of wip pics anytime soon?

Have fun...