PDA

View Full Version : New VC Army list ????pts????

jimbo
27-02-2008, 20:40
1 Konrad Von Carstein
2 Necromancers/1 with Another Vampire?

10 GraveGuard

19 Skeletons
20 Zombies
10 Crypt Ghouls

1 Black Coach
1 WH Giant

I don't know how much this'll cost so I would like help/advice, constructive critism and maybe how many points this army will be?
(obviously magic items and things will be added when I get the new army book)

Different/more/less unit(s) needed?! Bit of a noob you see! :angel:
Thanks,

Jimbo

EvC
27-02-2008, 21:45
Well if you want this as 1000 points, drop one of the rares and you'll be set.

If you want to make it 2000 points, then bulk out the Grave Guard, add some wolves and another vampire (To be general above Konrad) and go from there...

dr.duck770
27-02-2008, 23:58
I wouldnt use Konrad, Because he has the "one bat short of a Belfray" which mean he is either frenzied or stupid at LD 6. :cries:(not good) he is very hard to control. he will either stand ther drueling, or a good player will make him charge out of his unit and die from Com Res.

You can take crypt ghouls but remember they are unarmored.

The Black Coach can be fun if you keep it away from your wizards and near your opponents..

More Skeletons

Try replacing your giant with Vargulf. He is faster and does just as much damage.

If you have any more ? give a call.

P.S. Vampires Rock!!!

jimbo
28-02-2008, 18:23
Lol. Thanks all.
I'm not made of money and I've already got a giant, so until I get more cash - the Vargulf will have to wait.
EvC - bulk out on the graveguard?! - 20 or so be enough? (i.e. two boxes?)
dr.Duck - Yes Vampires DO Rock >.<

SO...:
1 Vampire Lord
2 Necromancers

20 Graveguard

19 Skeletons
20 Zombies

1 Black Coach
1 WH Giant

Maybe some wolves to help out the ranks? (Seeings as Crypt Ghouls are unamoured - thanks for the heads up)

Thanks everyone, so far. Help/advice still welcome! :)

Jimbo

dr.duck770
29-02-2008, 02:59
If you want make sure you give your Vamp "lord of the dead" so he can raise skeletons,since he is already a lvl 2 wiz. When you do get the book dont max your Vamp out on points or he will be the biggest target. :(

For Necromancers if you dont already have any, the Empire wizards box has some great components to make two necro/death wizards.

take lots dire wolfs. they are cheaper fast cav that cause fear.:evilgrin:
good for flanking, blocking line of sight, and setting up traps.

For 2000 points you are probaly behind a bit. More skeletons are always good, maybe som Black knights. Its up to you.

VC's Rock!

Nedar
29-02-2008, 03:23
Do fully kit your vampires, you need them to be powerful.

Do take max characters in most games.

Do take Grave Guard ;)

Do take Dire Wolves.

Do take lots of skeletons when possible.

Do not take more than one necromancer.

Do not buy zombies when possible, they are too expensive...raise them.

Do not take giants unless properly converted :D

Do not skimp on core. (You will need three units of either skeletons, zombies, and/or ghouls in 2k points)

Do make fluff for your army..and

Do have fun...and happy blood sucking.

jimbo
29-02-2008, 17:51
Riiiight. Maybe 10K then?
So would that work for:
1 Vampire Lord
1 Necromancer

20 Graveguard

19 Skeletons
20 Zombies

Black Coach
Giant

- If not then I might add ten Dire Wolves... Thoughts?

Jimbo

Anardakil
29-02-2008, 21:49
Dire wolves are always useful :)

dr.duck770
01-03-2008, 00:54
Once you do get the Army Book be sure to check the points out, Ooo and you can only have 1 rare for 1000 points. I think tou had the right idea with the giant. the giant will destroy the things you cant get rid of through combat res with skeletons and dire wolfs.

Grave Guard are better now in the new army book since they have great weapons. and you can replenish the unit.

If you are going to hide your Vampire in your unit of grave guard, maybe put the unit of zombies infront of your GG as a shield to minimize casualties. You raise zombies D6+4 so watch your opponents waste their shots on the zombies. If the zombie unit is ever charged, counter flank charge the unit with the giant, skeletons, direwolfs, whatever.

Vampires rock!

rathnutt1
01-03-2008, 07:28
Can you even have a giant now with the new vampire counts book? I don't think it says you can have DOW anymore.

dr.duck770
01-03-2008, 07:38
He's right. So you can stick with the black coach or a Vargulf. thanks for that catch.

jimbo
01-03-2008, 22:43
Aww man, No giant?!
Oh well I guess I could mix and match between it and the coach.
I've managed (from Xmas) to save about 80-85 up and If I pass my Drum exam (taken to day, fingers crossed) then I get another 20. So should have enough for rule book, two sets of GG, Dire Wolves, Vamp and a Necromancer.
So thanks for everyone's help so far, and could anyone tell me if this would make 10K? (keep in mind upgrades, abilities, ect.)

1 Vampire Lord
1 Necromancer

20 GraveGuard
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

19 skeletons
20 Zombies

1 Black Coach

I'm not excactly an obsessed, paint-a-unit-a-day, kinda' guy so I really don't want to make a whole other horde of Zombies to summon, so when they perish (most probably) I could just re-use the models then...
Thanks for everything so far, more help appreciated;

Jimbo

P.s Vampires rock!! :)

dr.duck770
06-03-2008, 04:33
You are going to turn that lord into a normal Vamp (100+). Necro will run 65 + magic items. 20 Grave will be 240 (280 if full command). 5 Dire Wolfs 40. 20 Skeletons is 180 with full command. 20 Zombies is 80. and a Black Coach is 200.

You are just at 905 depending on what you give your characters. So you are in the clear for 1000 pts. (yay)

As for painting, dont worry too much. most of it is dry brushing.

VC's Rock!

jimbo
06-03-2008, 17:46
Lol Thanks Dr.duck!!
The new thread:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130953

VC's Rock!!