PDA

View Full Version : NEW VC All Calvary (almost)/Blood dragons

Gaftra
28-02-2008, 21:54
yeah or neigh people!

VAMPIRE LORD: (dreadlance, crown of the damned, lvl 3 magic, dread knight, walking death, red fury)
VAMPIRE: sceptre de noirot, dispell scroll, master of the black arts
VAMPIRE: nightshroud, dreadknight, bsb
WIGHT KING: lance, tomb blade, steed, barding
ZOMBIES: 20
BLACK KNIGHTS (9):full command, hatred banner (forget the name)
BLACK KNIGHTS (9):full command, barrows
BLACK KNIGHTS (5):full command
BLOOD KNIGHT (4): full command, banner of blood keep

total: 2249

so there we go. about as many dudes on horses as you can get. my strategy is using the zombies to close off a certain percentage of the board since if anyone hits those units they're stuck for at least 2 turns. There is a decent amount of casting and power dice to regain wounds and create more zombies if need be.

perhaps not as crazy as the old blood dragons but i figure this amount of mobility is tough for anyone to deal with.

riven5
28-02-2008, 23:16
I don't have the new VC book so perhaps I shouldn't be posting, but I was under the impression that you could only have one of each magic item in an army. Like for example, only one Banner of Barrows, or one Nightshroud. You have two of both. If I had the VC book I could check to see if they specifically say you can take multiples of those, and if it does say that I apologize. But otherwise I'm pretty sure you can only take magic items (including banners) once.

As far as the army composition goes I kinda like it actually. I think it's cool when people try things that are a bit different from what would be considered "standard". Considering just how dangerous KotBK are, and the ethereal movement of Black Knights, I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I have heard that you should buy skellies or ghouls rather than zombies, however, but there is a separate thread about in these forums.

Jack of Blades
28-02-2008, 23:30
You're right...
Perhaps you should re-read the BRB? :/

Gaftra
29-02-2008, 03:27
oops, my bad copy pasted wrong! you can switch out the banner of barrows with the hatred banner and give the wight king the 5+ killing blow wep and have the same points cost at the end. minor rules discrepancies aside i think this list could work fairly well