PDA

View Full Version : Vermintide Question

Shamfrit
29-02-2008, 23:13
This popped up in our Skaven Vs. Wood Elf game last night, and we had to role for it do decide as it was a tricky RAW moment.

Basically, is Vermintide a magical spell, as the word is 'place template to represent the rats summoned by the spell,' this is in relation to it negating Ward Saves as the source is magical.

Skaven argument was that it doesn't actually place a model on the table, so the source is the spell, and thus, magical, and wood elf was that it 'summons' so it's the rats doing the damage, so to speak.

Wouldn't have changed the out come of the game, as it only killed one Dryad regardless, but it's for future reference, thanks in advance!

(Somebody please move this, I clicked new thread on the wrong tab :wtf:...Sorry!)

SlaaneshSlave
29-02-2008, 23:51
I play it as a magical attack. It is direct damage caused by a spell.

moose
01-03-2008, 08:22
I play it as a magical attack. It is direct damage caused by a spell.
We play the vermintide spell as amagical attack, as it descends from a magical spell. However I can see your argument Shamfrit, although you're probably looking too much into this :).

Vermintide should be very useful against the new VC!

nikkcookie
01-03-2008, 08:58
nah vermintide is definetely a "magical" spell other wise it would not be in our spells list.
it would be debatable if it was a special rule for a skaven character or sumthing.

Oberon
01-03-2008, 09:06
One should not mix fluff and rules together. How would you reason something like forked lightning to be or not to be (that is the question?) magical? It is afterall lightning, and nature has those already. Or crow's feast from lore of beasts, is it a natural murder of crows that comes in and kills you, or a magical one?

If it comes from a spell, it is magical.

superknijn
01-03-2008, 10:31
In the Warhammer World, there's no sharp distinction between Chaos and normal nature. (almost) everything has been touched by Chaos, so the background can go both ways. The rules, however, are that it is magical, as a spell is used, and that's always magical.

Shamfrit
01-03-2008, 15:16
Cheers everyone, that should cover that issue if it comes up again, and believe me, 3d6 hits on Wood Elves wounding on 5's (mostly killing) is nothing to be sniffed at.