PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Pirates Queen Bess

GodHead
02-03-2008, 17:45
The rules description for the Queen Bess cannon state:

6. Work out the effect of hits normally. Models have no saving throw against a shot from Queen Bess!

This is in contrast to the regular cannon rules which state:

5) Work out the effect of hits normally. Models have no armour saving throw for a cannon hit.

Am I reading too much into this by thinking the Queen Bess would also preclude Ward and Regeneration? I realize that GW often states "these wounds may not be saved by any means, including regeneration or Ward saves" but a simple blanket exclusion clause for all saving throws would logically function exactly the same as that.

Bleakwood
02-03-2008, 18:18
Unless there is an official errata, FAQ or ruling, then yes, it would also ignore Ward saves.

I'm not quite up to date with newer rule changes, but unless something has changed then Regeneration isnt a save. It dosnt prevent wounds, but heals them after they are inflicted, so ignoring saves wouldnt affect Regeneration.

Gorbad Ironclaw
02-03-2008, 19:05
By RAW you might actually be right. I'm 99% certain it's just another example of the terrible edition and design work that went into the zombie pirate thing and I'd never actually claim that my opponent couldn't take a ward save myself.

GodHead
03-03-2008, 00:17
Regeneration is just a save now.

"This rule confers a special regeneration save to the model which works exactly like a 4+ ward save (see page 30), with the following exceptions:"

Rulebook page 96

It's a shame it would take such an argument to use this in the game, it might make the Queen Bess worthwhile in some situations. Though I think even if this ignored all saves, I'd say you're still much better off with 2 Rotting Leviathans.... Not that you can be very well off with a Zombie Pirates list no matter what you take...

Bleakwood
03-03-2008, 19:16
Regeneration is just a save now.

"This rule confers a special regeneration save to the model which works exactly like a 4+ ward save (see page 30), with the following exceptions:"

Rulebook page 96

Thx for the update, kinda important to know, although sad that they removed the uniquness of Regeneration.

It's a shame it would take such an argument to use this in the game, it might make the Queen Bess worthwhile in some situations. Though I think even if this ignored all saves, I'd say you're still much better off with 2 Rotting Leviathans.... Not that you can be very well off with a Zombie Pirates list no matter what you take...

I agree, certaintly wouldnt make the Queen into a must-have game winning army destroyer.

destroyerhive
20-03-2008, 17:54
where do u get the zombie pirates rules

Caboose123
20-03-2008, 18:39
On a sidenote, are Zombie Pirates in any way official?

GodHead
20-03-2008, 20:07
Yes the list is official. The list in the White Dwarf has "Official" stamped all over it, and was just before the "only the books are official" attitude that GW later adopted.

It's a totally pants army that surprised me when I got my single (minor) victory with, and most likely won't be accepted at most tournaments. I don't know why you'd want to take them to a tournament though, as they really will lose far more often than not, but maybe if you contacted the organizers ahead of time they'd let you use them.

GW had the pdf on their Lustria Campaign website, but have since removed it. I have the pdf in a safe location, and I'm sure if someone sent me a PM I certainly would not send it to them...

Caboose123
21-03-2008, 01:55
Wow, someone really cares about winning... :p

Yes, there an army full of the worst troops in the game, with expensive handguns that almost never hit with none of the advantages you see with other undead, thats quite bad...

But, they are pirates "ARRRR", they are Zombies "Braaaaaaiiiiiins", theyare the unique zombie pirates "-Insert Quote Here-"
They have numbers... kinda, they have beasts and they could be a really cool army.

By "Official" I wanted to know if they could be used in tournaments, turns out they are official and can't be (by your wording).

txamil
21-03-2008, 04:06
Didn't that thing take two rare slots and a wagon load of points?

GodHead
21-03-2008, 06:51
1 Rare, 1 Special 250 points 1 in 3 chance of misfiring every time it shoots, 1 in 36 chance of double misfiring.

Dux Ducis
21-03-2008, 07:18
Ay, where are the rules again? Is there a pdf on any of the GW sites?

GodHead
21-03-2008, 17:56
GW had the pdf on their Lustria Campaign website, but have since removed it. I have the pdf in a safe location, and I'm sure if someone sent me a PM I certainly would not send it to them...

I'm certainly a stickler for IP rights on free supplements....

(just PM me)