PDA

View Full Version : 2K Vampire Counts- Ghoul heavy

Kodamas
02-03-2008, 23:21
Hello Folks,

This is my plan for my Vampire Counts army. What do you think?

Would you do anything different? Mainly concerned about the Grave Guard they just don't seem to look as if they will keep up with the rest of the army.

Characters

Vampire Lord.......................................400pts
Infinite hatred
Supernatural Horror
Red Fury
Blood Drinker
Night Shroud
Crown of The Damned

Vampire Thrall.....................................195pts
Ghoulkin
Talisman of Lycni
Staff of Damnation

Vampire Thrall.....................................190pts
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
The Accursed Armour
Power Stone

Necromancer....................................... 195pts
Rod Of Flaming Death
Corpse Cart w/ unholy Loadstone

Core

14 Crypt Ghouls w/Ghast....................120pts
15 Crypt Ghouls w/Ghast....................128pts
15 Crypt Ghouls w/Ghast....................128pts

Special

15 Grave Guard..................................210pts

4 Fellbats.......................................... ...80pts

Rare

Varghulf.......................................... ....175pts
Varghulf.......................................... ....175pts

Thanks for looking.

Ryan

heinrichvoncarstein
03-03-2008, 10:12
I don't think the accursed armour is that good on a thrall (imo it's useless on everyone). You only get toughness 5, the flayed hauberk is much better and you don't get w 3 and initiative 3

wolfenstein
03-03-2008, 17:34
heinrichvoncarstein is right that armour is points less unless on a bsb wight and also i wouldnt take red fury in my opinion its just wasting points. the fell bats should become ghouls instead.

mightygnoblar
03-03-2008, 20:23
your ghoul units also seem a bit too small, especially since you only have one summon ghoul power, in an army like this i would give it to all of the vamps
i would also lose the grave guard and cut down on the points per character in order to buff the army out some more

Lord Inquisitor
03-03-2008, 20:34
heinrichvoncarstein is right that armour is points less unless on a bsb wight and also i wouldnt take red fury in my opinion its just wasting points. the fell bats should become ghouls instead.
Hmm. The armour looks okay on a Vampire Lord. Okay that makes him only WS4 and I4, but Toughness 6 is pretty scary!

On the other hand, put it on a wight king, you've got WS1. You're going to be hitting even WS3 troops on 5's which doesn't strike me as a good deal.

The list looks okay. I think you'd probably do with beefing that Wight unit up to 20 - worth starting out with a big size as you can raise to that size now.

Otherwise, looks pretty mean. I would try to put summon ghouls on every vampire in a list like this - only 15 points per character and +1 to your invocation rolls, plus the ability (e.g. in the first few turns) to beef up those units past starting size.

In order to find the points for this, dump any non-essential items like Talisman of Lycni or Rod of Flaming death. You realise you're spending just a few points shy of 1,000 on your characters alone?

Voltaire
03-03-2008, 21:41
The accursed armour was quite clearly designed to be used with the Dreadlance. The lord set up for such a being would be best thus IMHO;

Lord
Dreadlance
Accursed Armour
Black Periaph

Red Fury
Dread Knight
Walking Death

tom1354788
03-03-2008, 22:35
voltare that was the exact lord choice i was thinking of using, except instead of maybe using the Dread knight i would take a hell stead to increase his movement, but then with the reduced armour save he is a bit vunerable to shooting even with toughness 6, skinks would have a field day with him for example.

That said i do like the list, your going to get into combat very quickly, with some turn 1 charges, i think with a list like this though you are relying on a good deployment, if you find youself set up oposite something nasty, that you dont want to fight then you are going to lose a lot of the lists effectivness.

I would like to see how the list plays, let me know how you get on.

heinrichvoncarstein
04-03-2008, 15:12
Yes, but the problem with choosing the accursed armour and the dreadlance is that then you don't have a ward save, making you an easy target (and a dead one imo) for single shot bolt throwers, cannons and killing blow.