PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Beasts 2000 points

daa6
03-03-2008, 02:25
Hello all, seeking a little help.......

Have tried out this list twice, with ok results, (all-ways rolling below average tho, Long standing problem) :cries:

Would be very greatful for any feedback and ideas. Well here it is:

Beast Lord
Mark of Tzeentch
AoD
Crown of Horns
Staff of Darkoth

BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Beast Banner

Shaman
Lvl 2
Dispel Scroll
Bray Staff
in Chariot

Shaman
Lvl 2
Dispel Scroll
Bray Staff
in Chariot

Beast Herds - Gor x 8 and Ungor x 12
Beast Herds - Gor x 8 and Ungor x 12

Beastigors x 13
Full Command
Mark of Tzeentch

Minatours x 3
Two Hand Weapons
Mark of Tzeentch

Minatours x 3
Two Hand Weapons
Mark of Tzeentch

Centagors x 5
Full Command

Furies x 6

15 PD
7 DD + 2 Scrolls

Well thants it, hope its not that bad.... Main plan is to hold/Walk up the centre, herds may ambush otherwise take a flank, through cover, Centagors and Furies for War Machines, lone Sorcerers, and being a pest at the back.

Thanks for any help.

Damian
03-03-2008, 21:57
One thing I would strongly suggest as would most others on this forum is to give the minotaurs GW rather than 2 hand weapons.

Also, in my experience the staff of change is extremely effective and well worth the points, increasing your casting and dispelling power greatly and avoiding nasty miscasts on your lord.

Raga
04-03-2008, 11:25
Having been the player that you've played this against, I'd reccommend the Staff of Change also - and about the rolling below average - you can't count on the roll of a dice ;)

@Damien - why the GW? I can see that S6 is nice, but surely an extra attack is also desirable?

Damian
04-03-2008, 21:14
While having a load of attacks is nice, the GW's strength increase means that it is much easier to wound and reduces enemy armout saves by 3, and therefore makes them much better at taking out heavily armoured units. I would only take the 2 hand weapons if I knew I would be facing a lot of weak troops with a low armour save. That said though, I'm not such a great general so it may be better to ask others opinions first.

daa6
05-03-2008, 12:03
Damian, I can see your point, average light armour, Shield and the constant hand weapon, make a 4+ save only reduced by 1 if they have a extra weapon, but none existant if they have a Great Weapon....!

Have thought about the staff of change, will have to give Darkoth's staff to another shaman...... "extra chance to move is really good" :D

And thanks For the feed back.... both of you. ;D