PDA

View Full Version : Huge Lizardmen Help

Iziz
03-03-2008, 21:07
I need some ideas on a good build of 3500 points of lizardmen. The biggest game I've ever played was 2250, so this is quite different for me. This is for a tournament next month, so any help anyone could offer would be nice.

Some things im think about and limited by are as follows:

1. I have 70 saurus, 20 that can be temple guard and probably want to use them all.

2. I have about 55 skinks, some of which could be chamelons.

3. I'm thinking of going with 2 lords, a slann and an oldblood on carnosaur.

4. I only have 3 kroxigor, 3 salamanders, 8 saurus cav, and no terradons or stegadons.

If anyone can offer some insight on a good build for 3500 points I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Feefait
03-03-2008, 21:25
I would say you need a Stegadon or two. I don't know if I;d use the gunner style slann (all level 1 mm spells) as they may not do enough damage to the large masses of units. the big cost spells will probably be mroe effective. Don't skimp on spawnings or dispel dice. Develop a character and war machine hunter.
I love the massed Saurus you have. I have about the same number, maybe not quite as many. I would also bring at least the 8 cav. It's going to be an interesting fight whatever you have with that many saurus and skinks.

TheDudeGuyMan
03-03-2008, 22:39
Here's a fine list, although it's a bit of a stretch to pull it to 3500, you may be better off at 3000 with these models. Good luck!

3497 Point Lizardman Army

469- Oldblood w/ Sacred Spawning of Topek, Sotek, Old Ones, Light Armor, Halberd, Banehead, Glyph Necklace, Carnissor

131- Scar Veteran w/ great weapon, light armor, Sacred Spawning of Topek, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

560- 2nd Generation Slann w/ Plague of Topek, Diadem of Power, Plaque of Dominion

342- 21 Saurus w/ Full Command, Sacred Spawning of Quetzl, Topek (joined by the Slann)

600- 2x 20 Saurus w/ Full Command, Sacred Spawning of Quetzl

396- 2x 15 Saurus w/ banner, musician

195- 3 Salamanders

180- 3x 10 Skinks

150- 10 Chameleons

174- 3 Kroxigors

300- 7 Sarus Cavalry w/ War Banner, Musician

studderigdave
04-03-2008, 00:03
3497 Point Lizardman Army

469- Oldblood w/ Sacred Spawning of Topek, Sotek, Old Ones, Light Armor, Halberd, Banehead, Glyph Necklace, Carnissor

-you need SS itzl to ride the carnosaur, drop banehead and halbred. take scimitar of sun or blade of tzunki. these are the 2 best options for a ultra killy oldblood. im partial to blade of chotec if your in a pinch for points.

131- Scar Veteran w/ great weapon, light armor, Sacred Spawning of Topek, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

- drop tepok, take sotek. the JSOD will die pretty quickly, best to get as many attacks in as u can while he is still alive

560- 2nd Generation Slann w/ Plague of Topek, Diadem of Power, Plaque of Dominion

- sounds good. make him a BSB, u need one in high point slike this, might want to give him totem of prophecy, not only does it give fear, it will negate fear if you ever get charged.

342- 21 Saurus w/ Full Command, Sacred Spawning of Quetzl, Topek (joined by the Slann)

- turn them to TG, stubborn is huge.

600- 2x 20 Saurus w/ Full Command, Sacred Spawning of Quetzl

fine

396- 2x 15 Saurus w/ banner, musician

fine

195- 3 Salamanders

180- 3x 10 Skinks

-take scout option, might want to bump up to 13 to help against panic.

150- 10 Chameleons

-eh, never really liked these, take normal skinks if you can. turn a few into priests and carry some scrolls.

174- 3 Kroxigors

300- 7 Sarus Cavalry w/ War Banner, Musician

- drop to 6, take a full command, take the totem of huanchi, its almost standard for your first squad of riders. warbanner is nice, but GETTING into CC is better. besides, with the full commad youll have at least 11 str 5 attacks, pretty brutal.

overall the list isnt bad, dont underplay the carno lord, tool his ass out.

ill throw something together tomorrow or wed if u still need help.

Iziz
04-03-2008, 01:43
wow, thanks for actually posting lists. I was thinking somewhere along these lines but thought everyone would think i'm crazy to run a 2nd gen and an oldblood on carnosaur. I'll have to crunch some number tonight.

Norinth
06-03-2008, 01:05
My suggestion is not to focus so much on both a 2nd gen slaan and a carnossaurus. It's too much, even for 3.5k. Try a supporting 4th gen tops. You need to focus on one route, either heavy magic or heavy combat.

Tiamat
06-03-2008, 11:27
Looking at what you have, I have no doubt that you can get stuck into a bloodbath and come out on top against most things.

I'd probably get a Skink priest or two (possibly more if you can afford it), as your Slann will have to have be accompanied by the Temple Guard, limiting his line of sight. Skinks will not only solve that issue, but provide him with some support during the magic phase, hopefully giving you magical dominance. In a 3500 point contest, even a lone Slann can be over powered by several lesser spellcasters at once.

A block of eight saurus cav is rather pointless, 8 is too wide to effectively manouvre, 4 lacks punch, you can't fight in ranks with cavalry spears, and there's not enough to get a rank bonus. I go with 6, possibly one being a Scar Vet. Maybe if you can lay your hands on 2 or 4 more cav, then two units might serve you well. More flexible for attacking flanks.

Also, Terradons are great for attacking War machines. Quick, enough S4attacks to make a mess of crew and being skirmishers can charge around intervening units.

Definitely find space for the Salamanders. They hit hard in combat, are fast being skirmishers and have a nasty sting shooting. Nothing cleans out opposing skirmishers as well as salamanders!

Hope this inspires a few thoughts and helps you on your way.

p3990013
06-03-2008, 11:51
Whenever I hear about 3000+ points of Lizardmen I can't help but think of fielding:

2 Lords on carnosaurs ~ 800 points
2 Skink priests ~ 200 points
6 units of 10 skinks ~ 360 points
4 units of 4 Kroxigors ~ 928 points
3 stegadons ~ 705 points

TOTAL ~ 3000 points

It should be a bloodbath!!!! :)

Iziz
06-03-2008, 13:38
I am really hoping for a bloodbath. I want to just form up a literal wall of saurus that hopefully nothing will be able to break. I have now thrown a skink priest in there, but I pretty much plan for my slann (named dan, who holds a pan, and enjoyes flan) to form the center of the wall and cast most everything straight ahead, making it even harder to break the wall.

I know everyone says no more than 6 saurus cav in a unit, but for whatever reason I have good luck (or maybe its bad) fielding 8. I always somehow lose at least one and sometimes more, so having that many has been necessary for me. I can't fit a scar vet with them, but I plan to put them, the JsoD, and the carnosaur oldblood together to pretty much destroy any chance of beating them.

I'm really anxious to play such a huge game. Any advice on tactics would be nice now. The list has come to one of these options:

LORDS
Oldblood-LA, shield, scimitar of the sun, aura of quetzl, sotek, itzl, carnosaur-466

2nd Generation Slann-plaque of tepok, plaque of protection, BSB, diadem of power-585

HEROES
Scar Vet-GW, LA, shield, sotek, jaguar charm, glyph necklace-163 (or no GN and JC, swap for gelaming pendant and put in TG unit-148)

Skink Priest, scout, level 2-110

TROOPS
16 Temple Guard, full command-307

15 Skinks-90

14 Skinks-84

13 Skinks, scouts-91 (if no jag saurus, add 2-98)

SPECIAL
20 Saurus, full command, tepok-300

20 Saurus, full command, tepok-300

20 Saurus, full command, quetzl-300

7 Saurus Cavalry, full command, huanchi's totem-335

3 Kroxigor-174

RARE
3 Salamanders-195

power dice:
slann-4
skink-1
team-2 (possibly 4)

dispel dice-7 (possibly 9)

Total-3500 (or 3499)

Kroxi
06-03-2008, 19:30
i personally would take out that scouting unit of skins knock each of the other two units down to 12 and field a unit of 10 chams. also you might want to take a look at the sacred host lists found at http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/lizardmen/gaming/sacredhosts/default.htm
it allows you to field a more core unit army with the bonus of having everything marked i would also choose between a slann and the oldblood on carnosaur for a 3.5k list kroxigors are your friend so you might want to bump up he numbers a little and a unit of three salamanders has never steered me wrong.

Happy huntings
-K