PDA

View Full Version : 3000 lizardmen list for this weekend

Malorian
03-03-2008, 21:19
So I have two games coming up. One against beasts and one against high elves. I've been told I can't take the 'cheesy slann' so I'm going combat heavy.

This is what I have:

Oldblood on carnosaur w/ itzl, tepok, sotek, scimitar of the sun, aura of quetzl, light armor, shield
scarvet w/ piranha blade, light armor shield, tepok, itzl, coldones
scarvet w/ burning blade, light armor shield, tepok, itzl, coldones
scarvet w/ light armor, shield, GW, sotek, tepok, charm of the jaguar
skink priest w/ diadem of power

10 skinks
10 skinks
10 skinks
10 skinks
10 skinks
20 saurus warriors w/ fc
20 saurus warriors w/ fc

7 saurus cav w/ banner, huanchi banner
7 saurus cav w/ banner, war banner
5 cameleon skinks

3 salamanders
3 salamanders

Total: 2973
PD: 3
DD: Up to 9

I figure this will be enough to stop almost off of the magic.

What do you think?

Iziz
03-03-2008, 21:26
9 dispel dice sounds pretty nice. You are combat heavy, but there's still a decent amount of points of non combat. Your opponents might not want a "cheese" slann (which I use all the time, he's hardly cheesy cause killing him breaks the game) but they might cry cheese on 6 salamanders. Too bad for them. This looks like a pretty strong list, although might be somewhat fragile with only 2 sauru blocks. I personally never leave home without 3.

I am interested to hear what thers say because I have a 3500 pt tournament comming up and need advice.

Malorian
03-03-2008, 21:52
It's funny, the people I play don't mind salamanders. Some of them actually fear the stegadons more...

Sarael
04-03-2008, 09:19
At 3k points, are sallies better in 2 units of 3 or 3 units of 2? You don't have your rares filled up is why I ask.

kroq'gar
04-03-2008, 09:25
Interesting way to put four marks on your lord.......and 60 points of items on your skink...

Carn is usless in my humble oppinion, i never use it unless i run two supporting stegadons.

Take the blessed standard over the huanchi, it allows you to march to a flank, and then activate it in the magic phase for a cheap flank... my gaming circle refer to it as the *censored* banner.

EDIT:

put one of the characters on foot, with +1st blade, quetzl & tepoc. Give him the 5+ward & a battle standard.Upgrade his unit to have the mark of tepoc and quetzl to maxise your rare.

Rerolling coldblooded will stop you running... ever.

Conotor
04-03-2008, 12:31
Drop tepoc and sotec on your lord for quetzle and old ones.

Your priest can't carry a scroll.

Sarri are only any good if u have something to bring your enemy to u, or bace your whole army around them. Id drop them or add antoher unit at 3K. 2 won't do much.

Malorian
04-03-2008, 15:15
Interesting way to put four marks on your lord.......and 60 points of items on your skink...

Carn is usless in my humble oppinion, i never use it unless i run two supporting stegadons.

Take the blessed standard over the huanchi, it allows you to march to a flank, and then activate it in the magic phase for a cheap flank... my gaming circle refer to it as the *censored* banner.

EDIT:

put one of the characters on foot, with +1st blade, quetzl & tepoc. Give him the 5+ward & a battle standard.Upgrade his unit to have the mark of tepoc and quetzl to maxise your rare.

Rerolling coldblooded will stop you running... ever.

My lord only has 3 spawning... tepok, sotek, itzl. Maybe you are thinking the aura of quetzl is a spawning, but it's the 4+ ward against str5 or more.

Your right about the skink. I had 25 extra points and just threw in the dispel scroll in the end. *I'll fix)

I think the carnisaur will munch through the herds and elite elves.

The hunanchi's blessed totem is the banner that lets you move in the magic phase.

kroq'gar
05-03-2008, 10:49
my terrible, i posted when tired (see, an excuse for all seasons).

Your carnasaur wont munch anything. At ws 3 you miss with half your attacks before you've even begun, and then get led around by the nose once blood frenzy takes hold.

Much better taking a stegadon (d6 impact HITS plus 4 st 5 attacks), and its t6 plus randomisation onto the skink crew keep it alive through bolt throwers.

Remember, impact hits come before asf.

I think 50 skinks and 6 salamanders will force plenty of folks to charge at you.

Although, you really do need a character in those saurus foot, otherwise the first elites you face will send you running. Consider dropping one unit, putting two marks on the other, and taking a unit of krox to support it. They can utalise the skink screen alot better than the saurus, move faster for the charge, and are alot cheaper for more pain outage.