PDA

View Full Version : 2250 all goblin list, what do you think

rapscallion
03-03-2008, 21:22
CHARACTERS:
night goblin great shaman- level 4, staff of baduum, 2 magic mushrooms, horn of urgok- 285

night goblin shaman- level 2, 2 dispell scrolls- 135

night goblin shaman- level 2, nibblas itty ring, staff of sorcerey- 135

night goblin shaman- level 2, staff of sneaky stealin- 135

CORE:
25 night goblins- full command, 2 fanatics- 145

25 night goblins- short bows, full command, 2 fanatics- 145

25 night goblins- short bows, full command, 2 fanatics- 145

5 goblin wolf riders- spears, shields- 70

5 spider riders- 65

5 spider riders- 65

5 spider riders- 65

5 spider riders- 65

SPECIAL:
spear chukka- 35

spear chukka- 35

spear chukka- 35

spear chukka- 35

TOTAL:

thomas
03-03-2008, 22:59
You have 7 dd, 2 scrolls, staff of sorcerey and staff of sneaky stealin, are you playing against a magic heavy army or just over carefull?
I think that goblins with bows sucks, they will get max 2 rounds for shoting done, they can't hit anything and only str. 3 (like 50% chance of wounding and full armour save). you are better for with shields and/or spears.
I would be some points for doom drives, great warmachine for killing all types of units.
But all over a good list.

Count de Monet
04-03-2008, 00:05
Dropping one of the Shamans for a BSB would probably be a good idea.

If you're set on the archers (expect large targets that can get all shots off at), a BSB with the Spider Banner (grants poisoned attacks to unit) would be doubly good.

The fighty NG units might be better off at 3x34+character vs 4x25.

rapscallion
04-03-2008, 00:35
i dont like the goblin archers myself, but i have the models and wanted to keep it WYSIWYG. im not playing against a magic heavy army (this is an all comers list) i just want to dominate the magic phase.

jpf1982
04-03-2008, 03:36
I agree with the dropping of shortbows. The only thing I've ever done with them is run 'em big and with the spider banner for poison attacks. Or run them small and hide fanatics in them. Leave them towards the rear lines and when the opponents fast cav comes about "oh hey, SURPRISE!"!

Also I really dislike you leading your army with a shaman; i don't know how new you are or how long you've been playing goblins but your going to find very quickly at 2k you need either a goblin warboss or skarsnik of the eight peaks. Leadership 8 will mean everything!!!! and I mean everything when compared to leadership 6. Especially if you fight dwarves because at 2k your guaranteed to have flame cannons in which case grouping up a leadership 8 with a bsb that has grotts red banner (re-roll failed panic checks) is a must!!!! The only reason I don't have that banner in my list is in an attempt to gain more composition score points at our tourneys rules.

another point is your fast cav; in my opinion you should really group them in units of either 9 or 10 because at 5 they only have to kill 2 and oop look at that you panic and run. theres no difference between 9 or 10 they have to kill 3 either way, but with a musician and at a higher number you have a better chance of re-grouping and not being unable to re-group at all thus if not being overly useful at least keeping your opponents eyes on them and off of other units

----

Our area has a 2250 tourney coming up and my list looks like this at this moment.

goblin warboss with best boss hat, enchanted shield, tricksy trinket, and sneaky skewerer and light armor

night goblin big boss battle standard bearer with war banner and light armor

2 lvl 2 night goblin shamans with 2 dispel scrolls, staff of sorcery, and nibblas itty ring

4 units of 30 night goblin spearmen with full command and 2 fanatics per unit

3 units of 10 spider riders with champ, musician (no banner) and short bows

2 stone throwers

10 squig hoppers

1 wolf charit with extra wolf

2 doom divers

---
i rely very heavily on my war machines, i've gotten really good at guess ranges :p
also with the fanatics and mages my goal is to keep you out of hand to hand as long as possible and pummel you with rocks and goblins, then when we get in hth i try to flank with squig hoppers and chariot, the spider riders are actually more useful as harrassers and more often than not end up contributing very little to combat but moreso to killing off war machines or forcing my opponent to move his units to block them when I plan on doing absolutely nothing with them, thus dedicating resources to nothing on the board away from the main fighting

rapscallion
05-03-2008, 19:55
here is my new list with all your accountings pluss a couple other changes...

CHARACTERS:
Goblin warboss- shield, sneaky skewerer, armor of gork, the horn of ungork- 168

Goblin shaman- level 2, 2 dispell scrolls- 135

Goblin shaman- level 2, nibblas itty ring, staff of sorcerey- 135

Goblin shaman- level 2, staff of sneaky stealin- 135

CORE:
30 Night goblins- full command, 3 fanatics- 185

20 Night goblins- short bows, musician, 2 fanatics- 114

20 Night goblins- short bows, musician, 2 fanatics- 114

10 Goblin wolf riders- spears, shields, musician- 146

10 Goblin wolf riders- spears, shields, musician- 146

10 Spider riders- musician- 136

10 Spider riders- musician- 136

SPECIAL:
Spear chukka- 35

Spear chukka- 35

Spear chukka- 35

Spear chukka- 35

TOTAL:

218 models
4 warmachines
8 powerdice, 2 bound spells
6 dispell dice, +1 to dispell, 2 scrolls

jpf1982
05-03-2008, 22:46
I feel that this looks like a much stronger list. Better leadership, more goblins and larger units.