PDA

View Full Version : new VC grave guard ??

sidewinderscott
04-03-2008, 00:19
i am wondering if the ability to give great wepons to gave gard is one point per model like every where else or if it is one point per unit like the army book inplyes?

Dendo Star
04-03-2008, 00:39
i am wondering if the ability to give great wepons to gave gard is one point per model like every where else or if it is one point per unit like the army book inplyes?

Sweet monkey Jesus, son. Learn to type and form complete sentences. I am afraid I have attempted to understand what you are asking, but I cannot understand your question.

theunwantedbeing
04-03-2008, 00:46
Monkey jesus eh?

It's 1 point per model, not 1 point per unit.
The VC book isnt quite that overpowered!

Dendo Star
04-03-2008, 01:00
Monkey jesus eh?

It's 1 point per model, not 1 point per unit.
The VC book isnt quite that overpowered!

Is that was he was asking? Jeez, I couldn't even discern that.:)

Delmont
04-03-2008, 02:19
Well, the book says,"Unit may exchange shields for great weapons....... 1 point"

I think this is where his confusion is coming from. The book looks like it says the whole unit may get great weapons for 1 point, for the whole unit. I don't think its what was meant, but it does look like it is written that way.

grishnakh99
04-03-2008, 03:03
It's very clear it's 1 point for the entire unit.

*cough*

Yes, it's just coincidence that my only army I play is VC. Oh, and we get a free zombie dragon in every army.

Dendo Star
04-03-2008, 03:45
It's very clear it's 1 point for the entire unit.

*cough*

Yes, it's just coincidence that my only army I play is VC. Oh, and we get a free zombie dragon in every army.

Aha! You cheat, sir. You know damn well that Zombie Dragon also costs 1 point.

knightime98
04-03-2008, 05:08

Say - What? Really what is the question?
Here let me help rewrite your English here!

1. I am wondering.(period) - complete sentence
2. If the ability to give grave guard great weapons is one point per model OR one point per unit? (question mark) - complete question
3. (like everywhere else or if it is one point per unit like the army book implies) - Gibberish, not needed, erase it!

Sweet monkey Jesus, son. Learn to type and form complete sentences. I am afraid I have attempted to understand what you are asking, but I cannot understand your question.
Agreed, read above... And I hope that my interpretation is correct.

Is that was he was asking? Jeez, I couldn't even discern that.:)
Neither can I, as I am guessing that is what he is asking...

Ward.
04-03-2008, 06:23
Que his explanation that english isn't his first launguage :D

avoidconfusion
04-03-2008, 08:10
I don't quite understand why so many people complain about this OP's english, I had no problem understanding his question...

Festus
04-03-2008, 08:36
2. If the ability to give grave guard great weapons is one point per model OR one point per unit? (question mark) - complete question

That is nice, very nice indeed!
It seems that your grasp on grammar is severely lacking today, as this question is in dire need of a main clause, which the OP provided in his post, to be even close to a *complete question*

OP:*I am wondering* is the much needed main clause. It is in the first post. ;)

I have to agree that the question is as silly as the question about a free /1pt Zombie Dragon in VC armies. But it was quite understandable, even though it lacked punctuation and proper grammar - a feature, by coincidence, shared with many posts here or there on the Internet... :D

Festus

One-S
04-03-2008, 17:00
Well, the book says,"Unit may exchange shields for great weapons....... 1 point"

I think this is where his confusion is coming from. The book looks like it says the whole unit may get great weapons for 1 point, for the whole unit. I don't think its what was meant, but it does look like it is written that way.

If I start a VC army with graveguard in it, then they'll have great weapons for 1 point a unit. :D
RAW this would be correct.

GodHead
04-03-2008, 17:08
Wow. GW can't even do anything properly anymore. They were pretty good at writing "per model" in the past, why did it break down now?

But like Alessio says, if it is readable and playble, even if it's ********, thems are they rules. I mean, Games Designers could never fix mistakes, because they would first have to admit they made a mistake.

Take them in huge units to get the best benefit from this.

If Alessio sticks to his guns on the "no mistakes, no errata" after the release of the next book, I say we punch him in the scrot.
Of course that's predicated on the FAQs actually being released at some point, so maybe there's nothing to worry about.
Nothing to worry about except not having FAQs for over a year. I guess that's something to worry about.

grishnakh99
05-03-2008, 00:10
Indeed by RAW one point is correct.

I will need to use this as leverage against the Black Axe effects when I use it. If they want to play by raw, then I will play by RAW.

Nedar
05-03-2008, 01:12
Anyone else notice that spears on skeletons are worded similarly? So you can buy 30 skeletons spears for a point as well...RAW.

Dendo Star
05-03-2008, 01:21
Yeah, you guys try playing that way. Go ahead. I'm sure you will be very popular and your company will be enjoyed. Freaking WAACs.

Nedar
05-03-2008, 01:27
RAW is RAW.

However, I'll use it how I feel it was intended as it is quite obvious in this particular case. It's just funny to note.

UltimateNagash
05-03-2008, 13:35
Free Zombie Dragon - HOW??? :wtf:

Cromenon
05-03-2008, 16:59
It is not free, but costs ONE point! Dendo has just explained it all! :p

Seriously, that's just crazy. Common sense, gentlemen... :rolleyes:

UltimateNagash
05-03-2008, 17:31
It is not free, but costs ONE point! Dendo has just explained it all! :p

Seriously, that's just crazy. Common sense, gentlemen... :rolleyes:
Either way, I can't see it... It says Zombie Dragon X pts
not 1 or anything - so how???

praesto
05-03-2008, 19:45
Sour monkey Jesus. How hard can it be to decipher what the man is trying to say?

I've witnessed worse, much worse, and yet, nobody bothered to complain about it, unlike here...

Spirit
06-03-2008, 01:17
Nagash, on the zombie dragon, you did see the sarcasm there yes? please tell you did.. PLEASE!

StormCrow
06-03-2008, 01:50
And so the warseers reach a new low in internet grammar policing. :rolleyes:

UltimateNagash
06-03-2008, 10:11
Nagash, on the zombie dragon, you did see the sarcasm there yes? please tell you did.. PLEASE!
Well I can't tell where people are getting this RAW idea from or anything, so I don't find it amusing. It's just nonsense...