PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts VC help!

simonhaZe
04-03-2008, 22:52
Hey, I haven't made my army yet, but I just got the new army book.

I'm looking for help, building a very unique, strange if you will, 1000pts army for VC.

I'm not looking for a "zombies-only" army, but maybe not a normal cookie-cutter army either.

I haven't bought any models yet, so I'll buy the models when I've decided on an odd list.

Thanks in advance!

mightygnoblar
04-03-2008, 23:12
maybe take some unusual units, for example cairn wraiths would be an interesting choice
combine that with spirit hosts and maybe an ethereal vamp and you could have a nice list themed around ghosts
leave out the fleshy stuff altogether and you could get a very orginal long dead feel to the list

maybe something like:
ethereal vamp
wight king

2 blocks of skeletons of a decent size
2 units of spirit hosts
wraiths with a banshee if you wanta
and then either grave guard or black knights for a heavy hitter

it would certainly be different if nothing else

Spirit
05-03-2008, 01:47
2 vamps (hell 3 if you really want) on hellsteeds, with goulkin, to make gouls and the vamps march with them before the game begins, then you are 16-17 inches from the enemy, turn 1, with a 20" CHARGE! If you can afford it a varghulf, because no vampire army should leave home without one, especially a goul army.

Now THATS different!

simonhaZe
05-03-2008, 14:15
That's a pretty cool idea Spirit.

I wonder if I'd be able to win with it though. :D

UltimateNagash
05-03-2008, 18:19
Something like this?

Vampire with Flayed Hauberk, Dark Acolyte and Summon Ghouls
170 points

Vampire with Book of Arkhan, Ghoulkin and Summon Ghouls
175 points

Vampire with Blood Drinker and Avatar of Death (shield)
160 points

14 Ghouls
112 points

14 Ghouls
112 points

14 Ghouls
112 points

14 Ghouls
112 points

5 Dire Wolves
40 points

993 points
64 models
6 Power Dice/5 Dispel Dice

Cause that could well be very effective. Ghoulkin bumps you forward, two of the Vamps can heal and they can hopefully boost all the Ghouls with Van Hels...

Spirit
05-03-2008, 18:30
Hmm it seems a unit on a flying mount cant join a unit, but you could do it with the talisman that grants M9 and flying upgrade for your vampires.

Shame lol.

And nagash, why not give the blood drinker dread knight, 2+ save instead of a 4+ save, and he can still join a unit without being targetted, because he is only US 2.

You have the points, and it makes him more survivable.

UltimateNagash
05-03-2008, 18:35
Was working off my own models - I'm not keen on any of the mounted Vamps, and Strigoi don't ride horses anyway :p

Saben
06-03-2008, 07:05
Strigoi may not ride horse, but a lupine conversion might work. Give him a beastly appearance and it explains the fast movement, better armour save and extra attack even if the model doesn't appear mounted.