PDA

View Full Version : Odd Situation

Iziz
05-03-2008, 00:35
In a recent game in a tournament an situation arose. My saurus in we take down to three men left against some dryads and two alter kindred (spelling?). here is how it looked before the last few casualties:

_SSS
_ SSSSS
ADDDDDA
DD

The alter kindred were touching corner to corner and the dryads ranked up. A few things arose.

My saurus were reduced to three, so it looked like this:

_SSS
ADDDDDA
DD

The question was, is the alter kinred on the right free or does he have to try and engage.

Also, I at first removed the saurus from the left but then decided that i was better off removing them from the right. When it comes down to the last rank, I get to choose where the dead models come from, right?

Hope this isnt confusing. Thanks.

Nurgling Chieftain
05-03-2008, 00:50
Casualties in the last rank come from both sides evenly.

I think the redressing the ranks step would cause the unengaged Alter to drop out of combat.

Nedar
05-03-2008, 01:17
After CR the unengaged alter would be out of the combat. And as stated, you take from the ends evenly (moving oddly placed command models as needed).

Milgram
05-03-2008, 10:10
you remove the casualties in a way that the least models of the enemy drop out of combat.

in the situation above: you could remove saurus warriors from both sides as long as this results in the same number of enemies in direct contact as if you take them only from one side. (this is not explicit raw but it is SOR - spirit of the rule)

SuperBeast
05-03-2008, 10:29
No, the rules are quite clear.. you remove from each side, so the unit centre remains the same.
What you say could (and I think should) be implemented when you have a 'spare' model left on one side or the other.