PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts HoC Full Mech, Khronate themed

BrianGeneral
05-03-2008, 10:15
Check this thread for the reason to write one such list. (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130996)

I had got my HoC book long before now but I can only pick up my Bones' Book later this month, so I'll just write a list for HoC first.
Basically, I'll like this list to be fully mobile one instead of having some footsloggers behind, and since Khrone will be my favourite of choice among the 4 colours, please keep that in mind as possible.

Lord:
Lord with Berzerker Sword, Gaze of the Gods, Armour of Damnation, Shield on Chaos Steed, MoK-377pts

Heroes:
2x Exalted Champion with Biting Blade, Shield, Chaos Steed, MoK-326pts

Core units:
3x Chariots of Chaos, MoK-450pts
4 Knights of Chaos with Musican, Standard, Chosen, MoK, Banner of Rage-305pts
2x 4 Knights of Chaos with Musican, Standard, MoK-414pts
2x 10 Marauder Horsemen with Spears and Shield, Musician, Standard, Chieftain-380pts
3x 5 Warhounds-90pts

Rare units:
2x Bloodbeast of Khrone-150pts

Total: 2492pts
Dispel Dice generated: 9 (+2 Basic)

So is this list any good? I do have some questions though:
1. Should I get rid of the Marauders for more Knights?
2. What's the best config for the Lords and Heroes?

I'm not too familiar with army building for WHFB so any comments will be appreciated.

Jack of Blades
05-03-2008, 11:30
Full mech? wrong forum buddy.

Anyway, too short on time as I'm in school atm but I just had to point this out - your lord is better off in a Chariot with that weapon.

BrianGeneral
05-03-2008, 13:51
But if I'm on Chariot, won't his live will be risked for more?

BrianGeneral
06-03-2008, 00:29
Uh, no love for this list?

Be Afraid
06-03-2008, 01:00
hmm, i can see a few points that could use improvment . . . much as unit of 10 marauder horseman, they cant have ranks . . .

i would see if its possible too drop these, and squeese in 4x 6 with flails and possibly musition . . . no standard EVER and champ isnt really worth while.

Lord, if you drop armour of damnation and gaze, and make him an exalted, you have lost 1 attack and a little survive-ability, but gained rearly 200, which will get you an extra hero. i do like exalted on demonic steed with bessie sword. and, but using this isntead of a lord, you can get another exalted, with gaze, horse, sheild and flail. on another note FLAILS FTW ! i would drop the biting blades for them (you cant take 2 anyway ).

also, 3 chariots are abit too slow too keep up with knights, i would consider dropping all 3 for another 2x4 with MoK, standard and musition that saves you a few points, which is what funds mr. beserker sword's demonic mount.

altho, moving 2d6 a turn, spawn are slow too, also, for 15 points more you can have 3 5/5 beat herds, or another 5 units of hounds.

thats about my lot, soundspretty major, but they arent THAT much of a change . . . still gt some knights :P

BrianGeneral
06-03-2008, 03:58
Aren't Chariots are also M7 after Barbed?
Though, yeah the Spawns aren't really useful.

I want to keep the Magic Weapons however since there're quite a number of Undead/Ethereals around, and Biting Blade aren't really that expensive while can reducing enemy Armour Saves for some tough units.
I'm not too sure about dropping the Lord or not though.

Sarael
06-03-2008, 10:01
One Lord or 2 Exalted. As you don't currently have your character slots filled...

And I'd drop the marauder horsemen. Dogs can do their job just as well, and Knights of Khorne demolish everything they encounter.

Be Afraid
06-03-2008, 23:31
[QUOTE=BrianGeneral;2414027]Aren't Chariots are also M7 after Barbed?
QUOTE]

can't march though

BattleofLund
07-03-2008, 02:32
Sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the linked thread. What was your theme again? Was it

a) every playing piece should be a human on a saddled quadruped
[thus excluding the supremely useful Warhounds?]

or

b) every playing piece should be capable of moving more than 8" a turn

or

c) every playing piece should have a cavalry base
[b and c both thus excluding Chariots and Spawn]

or something else?

I say: keep a couple of Chariots, they are great at mangling tough stuff that appear on the flanks or backfield of your army. Read: stuff that aren't deterred by some Marauders with flails.

In the main offensive, the Chariots will not get to the enemy at the same time as your other units...

unless you pace your general advance, which is a good idea anyway. Your flankers need time to move up and around the enemy battle-line, and rushing full tilt straight at the enemy is not the most solid of plans.

A Bloodbeast can be good for beating up on people (skirmishers) in forests and buildings, where Chariots and Cavalry fear to thread.

BrianGeneral
07-03-2008, 12:44
After some discussions with friends I'll decide to go with this army, so I'll need to refine this one before pruchasing.
And since many people in the twon are taking Lord-level characters, a Lord will be needed in my army for dealing with those.
And yes, this army is supposed to be all mounted. I won't neglect some Warhounds however.

Lord:
Lord with Berzerker Sword, Gaze of the Gods, Armour of Damnation, Shield on Chaos Steed, MoK-377pts

Heroes:
2x Exalted Champion with Biting Blade, Armour of Damnation OR Bane Shield (which is better?), Chaos Steed, MoK-382pts

Core units:
4 Knights of Chaos with Musican, Standard, Chosen, MoK, Banner of Rage-305pts (go with Lord)
2x 4 Knights of Chaos with Musican, Standard, MoK-414pts (go with 2 Champions)
5 Knights with Standard, Musican, Champion, MoK-260pts
5x 5 Warhounds-150pts

Rare units:

Total: 2488pts
Dispel Dice generated: 10 (+2 Basic)

For the issue of Exalted Champions. Should I drop the 30pts-thingy (either one) and change teh Biting Blade to a Axe of Khrone?
Actually I'm still not too sure that, if I'm about to use these 3 characters, what configs will be the best ones.

Necromancer2
07-03-2008, 14:58
good luck not getting baited with all those frenzied units.

BrianGeneral
07-03-2008, 15:44
good luck not getting baited with all those frenzied units.
I need to face that anyway once I choose to go all-Khrone.
But otehr than that, anything can be improved?

Anardakil
07-03-2008, 16:12
You cant have the same magic items more than once in an army except for dispel scrolls and power stones. Check the rule book.

BrianGeneral
07-03-2008, 16:42
My bad. Now there're some good stuff to take otehr weapons/amrour eh?
Then what choices will be good for teh Champions? Cause I think the Lord is OK at this state.

Uriain
07-03-2008, 18:29
Give one of them the Axe of Khorne and the Collar, kinda goes with the Khorne Motife

BrianGeneral
08-03-2008, 15:33
Revised.

Lord:

Heroes:
2x Exalted Champion, one with Biting Blade and Bane Shield, one with Axe of Khrone and Enhanted Shield (0+ save LOLZ. Should I give this guy a 6+ Ward?), Chaos Steed, MoK-377pts

Core units:
4 Knights of Chaos with Musican, Standard, Chosen, MoK, Banner of Rage-305pts (go with Lord)
5x 5 Warhounds-150pts

Rare units:

Total: 2483pts

Where can I spend in remaining points? Though they're too little to do anything......

Skyldig
08-03-2008, 16:06
If you're worried about other combat lords, you might want to take a glance at the chaos runeshield, which effectively cancels their magic weapons. It's very useful in battles of this scale.

Other than that, I would consider "better" mobility. You've alot of hounds there, have you considered:

1.) how dull it will be to paint them all? (and the cost of them moneywise)

2.) how much better furies can be vs alot of opponents, and more useful as well due to flying and immunity to psychology?

Letting go of the bane shield (which isn't good) and the biting blade for just a flail and a shield, saves you quite a few points. With those you might want to "upgrade" one or two of your hound units to flesh hounds. Perfectly good in the Khorne theme, immune to psychology, and much more manouverable since they're fast cavalry. Alot of tricks can be done with them to ensure that you charge the turn you want, not the turn after (as the case with hounds, since you need them out of the way if they're still alive).

I also don't think you should skip marauder horsemen out of the equation, since they're excellent tempting targets for most people once they move down that flank, and no units in the army can get there as quick, and still retain the ability to cancel ranks.

I also think it's a sin not to have the warbanner in your army. Taking a battlestandard bearer with it, and perhaps a champion for a pesky challenge against him, will give you alot more than an exalted ever will. That, and your lines will be more reliable should you ever have to face that flank charge (and you will).

mark.
08-03-2008, 20:10
Revised.

Lord:

Heroes:
2x Exalted Champion, one with Biting Blade and Bane Shield, one with Axe of Khrone and Enhanted Shield (0+ save LOLZ. Should I give this guy a 6+ Ward?), Chaos Steed, MoK-377pts

Core units:
5x 5 Warhounds-150pts

Rare units:

Total: 2483pts

Where can I spend in remaining points? Though they're too little to do anything......

The only reason to take a chaos lord is for the extra leadership, there is no other point then that in taking the lord, so if you decide against leadership (khorne should break most enemy units on the charge) you should not include a lord of chaos, take mounted exalted champions instead, with flails, I dont think that neither the berserker sword, nor the biting blade nor the axe of khorne is a good option, but you could try the rending sword, it is useful against light armored opponents and gives you overkill points in challenge.

I should drop the chariots, as they can't keep up with the main force, also champions on knights are a little overpriced I think, khorne knights have got enough attacks anyway.

Warhounds are good but you have picked a bit much, you might want to include some of these units: marauder horsemen (cheap and powerful flank), centigors (cheap but powerful and can move through woods), flesh hounds (compareble to other light cavalry but more khorne like)

The spawns are good to keep the opponent in place for a charge since they are tough and unbreakable, but the bloodbeasts of khorne can never keep up with your cavalry, you must change their mark to slaanesh for extra speed, but I can understand you would not like that, you can paint them khorne like and just use the mark of slaanesh rules, I am sure nobody will complain about that.

Other powerful units you forget to include are: minotaurs, with movement 6 they are fast enough for your army, give them GW, and their charge is hugely powerful for the points you pay for that unit (138), you can mark them khorne, but I think they are better off undivided.

Furies are a must-have, really, they can do about anything, the only weakness are their stats.
Additionaly, screamers are useful too, if you like furies you can include a batch of screamers as well!

If you don't expect much shooting, take a giant, very useful especially in your army, because it is not only powerful, it also holds enemy in place for your knights to charge.

In order to pay for all these things you should drop your lord and also drop most of your heroes, because they are not very complementary with chaos knights I think, one or two would be enough.
Also drop some chaos knights and hounds, field the cavalry units as 5 or 6, that would work best I think.

I hope you appreciate my advice as it is a bit drastic, but I dont think that khorne knights alone with hounds to screen would be able to win battles.