PDA

View Full Version : forest spirit tactics 2000pts

savage_&_proud_of_it
05-03-2008, 19:22
hello all, i have been thinking lately about starting a forest spirit army and there is a tourny on in a few months which i am thinking off entering, using the forest spirit list.

if you could help me with some advice or even a list then i would be very gratefull, thanks for any help in advance

studderigdave
05-03-2008, 19:26
define your interpretation of forest spririt list. i know people who are strict about it and only use branchwraiths, dryads, treekin and treemen, then there are those who add in glamourweave spellsingers and wild riders, who are both forest spirits.

Malorian
05-03-2008, 19:29
Go for lots of small units of dryads. Don't make them any bigger than the min size.

Go all out. Being immune to psycology and skimishers your opponent is going to set up all the charges he wants and over run into what ever he wants. Don't give him time to set up too much.

Try and overload ones side of the board.

Use trees to aid in your LOS and limit your opponents.

Find the right amount of magic. Don't waste too many points as you will need them to get mroe trees.

theunwantedbeing
05-03-2008, 19:34
Treeman ancient, Netlings
Treeman
Branchwriath, Cluster of radiants
Several units of dryads
2 units of treekin 4 strong

You can add in a couple of spellsingers for more magical firepower, give the mounts if you want, they'll be useful march blockers if the enemy gets a wood anywhere near themselves.
As well as being able to add in wild riders as they are also forest spirits and give the army some much needed speed.

The basic tactic would be to spend the first turn moving into forests, then moving those forests forwards for some extra movement. Repeater untill close enough to the enemy and use your few shooting attacks on nearby opponents.
Then you charge in, making sure a treeman is nearby to add support and to stop the enemy persuing you if you break(stubborn so he's not so likely to start running if everyone else does).

There isnt really a whole lot you can do.
Dryads cant redirect the enemy either, so that's worth remembering.

mad dog
05-03-2008, 21:49
theunwatedbeing's list is a good start but I'd certainly want a couple of units of wild riders in there, they are quick and hit very hard.
Branchwraiths can be tooled up to be quite useful:
Lev 1 mage's to give you multiple tree singing attempts and extra dispel dice - required if playing against magic heavy lists
Sites like pageant and murder can make the wraiths a thorn in the side of your opponent.

I know guys who use drycha as a special character and like the special rules she brings, I have always fancies using Orion but the cost seems excessive for what he offers

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
05-03-2008, 22:03
Orion is bad for two reasons- crumbling and no save. Otherwise he's an awesome character and would be really cool for a fluffy 'Wild Hunt' army.

Drycha is decent, but again- no saves. An ancient with annoyance would be better but once you get to 3k she's worth considering as the second lord.

studderigdave
05-03-2008, 23:03
dont forget that if your planning on running double treeman you got 3 bound treesinging spells to further put a damper on your OP's dispel pool. its great when the OP drains all his DD trying to fend off the woodsonger's spells, only to find the tree's themselves can do it as well.