PDA

View Full Version : Ogres as Mercenarys.

Brother Enok
05-03-2008, 20:55
It is my humble opinion that Orges are cool. They rock my socks. In an attempt to make my Empire Mercenarys more rag-tag, Im going to include a unit of Ogre bulls in my army...maybe some Iron-guts at higher points.

Does anyone have any input on this, or exsperiance with using a mix of Empire and Ogre kingdoms? Also, is thier anything I need besides the models and army book to use them as mercenarys.

My thanks in advance as always ladies and Gentlemen

Malorian
05-03-2008, 21:08
I played against an empire opponent who had ogre dogs of war (while I was playing ogres).

They really helped him out and they were a pain to deal with.

I would suggest a unit of 4 bulls with extra handweapons or 4 ironguts.

Braad
06-03-2008, 10:38
Do a search in the painting logs forum. There was a guy converted his ogres to an empire theme very nicely...

All you need is the ogre book and the models you want to hire.

guardian angel
06-03-2008, 12:40
My empire army always uses ogre mercs now. Like you, I loved the models and wanted some in my army, without getting a seperate army.

In my experience take the IRONGUTS only. Don't bother with bulls. I tried bulls for a long time but they just don't hurt anything. However, ironguts thump things really well! I also reccomend upgarding one to a musician, can be really handy.

Thay add some pretty fast, hard hitting, resilient models to the army.

As for converting, I'm just gonna put some empire shields on mine to look like extra armour and so tie them in with my army more.

In short, ogres=good!

Mercules
06-03-2008, 13:49
It would be very easy to convert Ironguts to an Empire theme. File down the metal shod part of their, "slippers" and add a bit of green stuff to make them boots. Grab some extra Empire shield and have the Ironguts use that instead of the shields that come in their sprue as their "armor". Paint appropriate colors and maybe give the Ironguts warpaint that matches your color scheme.

Brother Enok
06-03-2008, 15:47
Thanks guys. Ill buy some Ironguts and the army book next then.