PDA

View Full Version : Venerable Lord Kroak

LKHERO
06-03-2008, 02:00
As stated in the Lizardman's Codex, it says that Lord Kroak knows six spells.

Does this mean that he knows any 6 spells from the 8 Lores of Magic? How does this work?

Porksta
06-03-2008, 02:06
I don't have the book in front of me but read the rules closely. It may be four spells from any of the basic lores, as well as Ruination and Drain Magic.

LKHERO
06-03-2008, 03:33
Here's what it says about him. I quote:

First Generation Spawning

Lord Kroak has all the abilities of a Second Generation Slann (see page 49) with the following additions:

Lord Kroak knows six spells. In addition to these, he also knows 'Drain Magic' (see page 49) and "The Ruination of Cities' (detailed below).

redrum
06-03-2008, 03:45
As stated in the Lizardman's Codex, it says that Lord Kroak knows six spells.

Does this mean that he knows any 6 spells from the 8 Lores of Magic? How does this work?

Yep, that's what it means. It's explained on page 49 of the army book under the Fifth Generation heading. Pick a list, roll a dice to see what you get, choose the default spell instead if you like and then choose another list or the same on again. Just do that 6 times and you're set.

LKHERO
06-03-2008, 03:53
Just do that 6 times and you're set.

But it says he knows 6 spells. Surely he doesn't need to roll?

grishnakh99
06-03-2008, 04:09
Well a 1st level wizard knows one spell. The selection of spells is not a rule per se. There is the suggested method on pg.2 of the Main Rulebook. The Slaan selection I believe is a selection as well. It depends how you do it in your gaming group. Some people pick, some people roll. If you are going with the more accepted method of rolling then I believe you would use the 5th generation rules.

Regardless of whether you roll or choose, he would still know 6 spells... I don't see anything saying he selects the exact spells you want.

redrum
06-03-2008, 05:54
But it says he knows 6 spells. Surely he doesn't need to roll?

as the other poster said it doesn't say anything about him selecting the exact spells he wants. I'm pretty sure that if he could select whatever spells he wanted that would be detailed in his rule section. Obviously if your group normally just selects their spells you would do the same with Kroak. I've always rolled for spells and would use that method if I were using him.

knightime98
06-03-2008, 06:26
Thanks for not answering his question.

Lord Kroak knows a total of 8 spells. 6 from any lore(s) plus the 2 bonus spells.

Now, this answers the question.

So, if he picks all 6 from one lore then you need not roll any dice as you will know all of them...

N810
06-03-2008, 14:16
He rolls for each spell seperately

after you pick a lore of magic roll the
die you get that spell or the default spell,
you may then go on to pick the next lore...
and so on and so on.

I believe he get to pick roll for 6 spells this way
plus he allready knows 2 spells "drain magic & runiation of citys"

Also Slan do NOT get to pick any of the standard spells
without rolling.

theunwantedbeing
06-03-2008, 14:20
Every mage knows a number of spells equal to their level.
They then roll to see whcih spells they "know".

The rule needs to say that spells are picked by the player instead of rolling for them for you to be able to simply choose the spells you want.

You are supposed to roll for your spells even if you decide to pick froma single lore so you will get all 6, you are supposed to roll for which 6 spells you get.
So if in a tournament with somebody who doesnt feel like playing him or you...they may stall for time by demanding that you roll for each of the 6 spells of that 1 lore(say fire) you wish to take.

Ah, amusing.....

redrum
06-03-2008, 17:46
Thanks for not answering his question.

Lord Kroak knows a total of 8 spells. 6 from any lore(s) plus the 2 bonus spells.

Now, this answers the question.

So, if he picks all 6 from one lore then you need not roll any dice as you will know all of them...

Um, no need to be rude. I answered his question twice. I even quoted the army book.